[2022] R10 Storm v Panthers - Game Day Thread

R10Melbourne Storm v Penrith Panthers

Game Day Information

:rugby_football: Match Melbourne Storm v Penrith Panthers
:stadium: Venue Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane NSW
:clock10: Time Saturday 14th May 2022 7:45pm
:tickets: Tickets Tickets via Ticketek
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :cloud_with_rain: Showers 22°C (45% Chance of Rain :cloud_with_rain:)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Channel Nine (FTA) [LIVE]
:tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership| Full Time

Penrith Panthers 32 Tries Izack Tago (2), Viliame Kikau, Jarome Luai, Stephen Crichton.
Goals Nathan Cleary (6/6)
Melbourne Storm 6 Tries Nick Meaney.
Goals Nick Meaney (1/1)

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT

PRESS CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS

FULL MATCH REPLAY

PANTHER PRIDE MOTM VOTING

Teams

Telstra Premiership
:rugby_football: Storm v Panthers
:clock3: Saturday 14/5 7:45pm
:stadium: Suncorp Stadium
TEAM
1. Dylan Edwards
2. Taylan May
3. Izack Tago
4. Stephen Crichton
5. Brian To’o
6. Jarome Luai
7. Nathan Cleary ©
8. Moses Leota
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. James Fisher-Harris
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Liam Martin
13. Isaah Yeo ©
INTERCHANGE
14. Mitch Kenny
15. Scott Sorensen
16. Spencer Leniu
17. Jaeman Salmon
RSERVES
18. Robert Jennings
22. Matt Eisenhuth
19. Chris Smith :small_red_triangle_down:
20. J’Maine Hopgood :small_red_triangle_down:
21. Sean O’Sullivan :small_red_triangle_down:
23. Soni Luke :small_red_triangle_down:
24. Charlie Staines :small_red_triangle_down:
COACH
HC Ivan Cleary
AC Andrew Webster
AC Cameron Ciraldo

:small_orange_diamond: Positional Change       :small_red_triangle: Moved into squad       :small_red_triangle_down: Moved out of Squad       Injury or Medical Related

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership
Referee Ashley Klein
Sideline Official Wyatt Raymond
Nick Beashel
Video Referee Grant Atkins

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2022 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Ashley Klein 2009 (1/1) 100% (15/40) 37.50% 159.5 155 1.03

Looking at the TV guides it appears the game is on Channel 9 FTA.

1 Like

Looking at the weather forecast it is looking like we will be on a Heavy 10 track, particularly after 4 games before our game in just over 24 hours.
Not sure what the conditions will be for the Sun night game??

1 Like

We’ve been off our game for the last couple of weeks and Storm are a disciplined well drilled outfit that’ll go the full 80 minutes. Forget the past and focus on the NOW. If we turn up and play to our full potential this’ll be a rip snorter ! :smiley:

1 Like

I think there may be a few Norm Provan and Arthur Summons look-alikes leaving the pitch at the end of the game.

1 Like

:mega: Teams List and Officials have been announced.

TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP

I’d say pack a snorkel.

Prediction is for up to 50-60mm each day, Today, tomorrow & Friday. Only 6mm predicted for Saturday.

How many knee and ankle injuries will appear after the first couple of games destroy your footing?

1 Like

Referee - Klein. We’re screwed.

Having grown up in Bidwill, I don’t take any offense to it, neither did the players by the sound of it.

From a motivational perspective, if getting beat in a GF and the pain that goes with that wasn’t enough, I doubt getting ridiculed about where you’re from would…it shouldn’t anyway.

Paper talk for a build up if you ask me

2 Likes

The question is, can he have more or less impact on the game result with the whistle or the remote??

1 Like

I doubt the sledge would have motivated our boys any more than the prize on offer. If the motivation of playing in a Grand Final isn’t enough to make you leave nothing on the field in a preliminary final, you shouldn’t be playing.

1 Like

And Video review Grant Atkins

I have some concerns about this game, not so much about them but more about us.
I have a sense we are just not right and this was most evident last week against the Eels.

we just seem to lose our way and focus.

this is why have some concerns about tonights game, Storm have lost a key play in their FB but whoever plays in any spot for them seem to lift and i expect the same again tonight but they are beatable as we proved last year.

Storm are a momentum team who when they get on a roll can score very quickly and can be lethal from any part of the field if you do not focus.

Last nights game showed despite the rain and slippery conditions a side can still put on a score ie Broncos over Manly

Not sure what it is with our team at the moment, i just hope IC gave them some time to rest this week to re focus on process.

This game can go either way…if the real Panthers don’t turn up this could be ugly for us.

There are some players in our squad who need to lift such as Luai and especially Cleary who had a shocker last week.

There are others who have to as well and our forwards will need to dominate for Cleary and Luai to have time to show what they can do.

A bit at stake tonight imo…its not the GF but is a real test for our squad after last weeks effort.

2 Likes

Agreed. Plus, although incumbency carries weight, going on recent form, the SOO halves pairing is not a done deal. As it is, Luai might need to rely on Fittler’s opting for an existing combination.

Late Changes

Team will line up as listed on Tuesday, Robert Jennings and Matt Eisenhuth remain on the extended squad.

Ivan Cleary to miss Magic Round match

Panthers Media | May 14 2022

Penrith Panthers coach Ivan Cleary will miss tonight’s match against Melbourne Storm at Suncorp Stadium due to medical reasons.

Cleary has been dealing with an ongoing knee infection, and underwent a second surgery on his knee this week.

Following medical advice and with the long-term prognosis compromised, the head coach feels that by being in Brisbane wouldn’t add value to the team under the current circumstances.

Cleary will be in constant communication with the team throughout the match, and the football staff have ensured the team is well prepared for the Round 10 clash.

SOURCE

Jahrome Hughes ruled out for the Storm.

2 Likes