R11 Warriors v Panthers - Game Day Thread

R11 Warriors v Panthers

Game Day Information

:rugby_football: Match New Zealand Warriors v Penrith Panthers
:stadium: Venue Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane QLD
:clock10: Time Sunday, May 19 1:50pm
:tickets: Tickets Tickets via Ticketek
:rugby_football: Other Matches NSWCUP Penrith Panthers v New Zealand Warriors 18/5 1:00pm1
JFLEGG Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Penrith Panthers 18/5 11:00am2
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :sun_behind_small_cloud: Mostly Sunny 22°C (:cloud_with_rain: Chance of Rain: 3% / :wind_face: Wind: SE 11km/h)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]

1. NSW Cup to be played at North Sydney Oval, North Sydney NSW
2. Jersey Flegg to be players at Aubrey Keech Reserve, Hinchinbrook NSW

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership | Full Time

40px Penrith Panthers 20 Tries Dylan Edwards, Jarome Luai, Isaah Yeo, Izack Tago.
Goals Dylan Edwards (2/4)
40px New Zeraland Warriors 22 Tries Marcelo Montoya, Ali Leiataua, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki.
Goals Taine Tuaupiki (3/4)

:rugby_football: Knock On Effect NSW Cup | Full Time

40px Penrith Panthers 10 Tries Ativalu Lisati, Jesse McLean.
Goals Billy Scott (1/2)
40px New Zeraland Warriors 22 Tries Makaia Tafua, Moala Graham-Taufa, Eddie Ieremia-Toeava, Motu Pasikala.
Goals Motu Pasikala (3/4)

:rugby_football: Knock On Effect NSW Cup | Full Time

40px Penrith Panthers 12 Tries Aston Warwick, Nick Murphy, Jirah Liddiard, Siotame Hansen.
Goals Tim Carson (1/3), Jirah Liddiard (1/1)
40px Manly Sea Eagles 30 Tries Broden Konz (2), Jesse Jackson (2), Carsen Patu, Josh Clark.
Goals Kallum Weatherall-Stacey (5/7)

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT

PRESS CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS

FULL MATCH REPLAY

PANTHER PRIDE MOTM VOTING

Team

Telstra Premiership Knock on Effect NSW Cup Jersey Flegg Cup
:rugby_football: Warriors v Panthers :rugby_football: Warriors v Panthers :rugby_football: Sea Eagles v Panthers
:clock3: Sunday 19/5 1:50pm :clock3: Saturday 18/5 1:00pm :clock3: Saturday 18/5 11:00am
:stadium: Suncorp Stadium :stadium: North Sydney Oval :stadium: Aubrey Keech Reserve
TEAM
1. Dylan Edwards 1. Isaiah Iongi 1. Jaxen Edgar
2. Sunia Turuva 2. Jesse Mclean 2. Tim Carson
3. Izack Tago 3. Casey Mclean 3. Angelis Hotere-Papalii
4. Taylan May 4. David Fale 4. Sam Lane
5. Brian To’o 5. Daeon Amituanai 5. Nick Murphy
6. Jack Cole 6. Tyrone Peachey 6. Joseph Nohra
7. Jarome Luai 7. Trent Toelau 7. Blake Moore
8. Moses Leota 8. Luron Patea 8. John Sagaga
9. Mitch Kenny 9. Soni Luke 9. Noah Nailagoliva
10. James Fisher-Harris 10. Preston Riki 10. Cooper Ferrari
11. Luke Garner 11. Harrison Hassett 11. Francis Manuleleua
12. Liam Martin 12. Ativalu Lisati 12. Aston Warwick
13. Isaah Yeo © 13. Luke Sommerton 13. Billy Phillips
INTERCHANGE
14. Daine Laurie 14. Billy Scott 14. Fletcher Haycock
15. Lindsay Smith 15. Riley Price 15. Ahmani Leilua
16. Matt Eisenhuth 16. Niko Apelu 16. Judah Galuvao
17. Mavrik Geyer 17. Zac Lipowicz 17. Jakeb Vailalo
RESERVES
18. Paul Alamoti 18. Bayden Moran
19. Preston Riki 19. Cooper Egan
20. Tyrone Peachey 20. Jirah Liddiard
21. Soni Luke 21. Siotame Hansen
22. Scott Sorensen 22. Luke Philp
23. Josh Ruxton
COACH
HC Ivan Cleary HC Ben Harden HC Jono Rolfe
AC Peter Wallace
AC Ben Garnier

:small_red_triangle::small_red_triangle_down: Promoted/Relegated | :small_orange_diamond: Positional Change

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership K.O.E NSW Cup Jersey Flegg Cup
Referee Grant Atkins Kieren Irons Paul Eden
Sideline Official Dave Munro Mitchell Stone John Woods
Ziggy Preklasa-Adamski Liam Nicholls Charlie Suters
Video Referee Matt Noyen - -

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2024 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Grant Atkins 2011 (0/0) 100% (19/25) 76% 132 108.5 1.22

:mega: Teams and Match Officials have been updated.

TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP

KNOCK ON EFFECT NSW CUP

JERSEY FLEGG CUP

Interesting the Luai is named at 7 and Cole at 6…

To the team comms, is the Coach not confident Cole can manage our team from 7??

Watching our NSW Cup game at NSO at the moment. Not sure who this ref is, but it looks like he wants to beat the clock with penalties :roll_eyes:

May out Alamoti in (May didn’t travel and is currently in “facilities” in high st Penrith.

Sorensen in for Mav on the bench (at this stage).

Tolelau somewhat likely to play (presume replacing Peach or Cole) - isn’t playing in NSW cup and has been added to extended bench.

1 Like

Deadset have had enough of Taylan. How many chances is he going to get. Let him have his day in court then tear up his contract and send him packing. Don’t need this shit at our club (or in general).

5 Likes

I agree Steve, in my mind if found guilty that is 3 strikes and he’s out;

1. Sunshine Coast bar violence / assault
  2. uploaded to social media a speeding car he was in
  3. These latest charges

We don’t need this in our club

5 Likes

what a shame a person overshadows the entire team.
not a surname which has fared well at the club.

6 Likes

Cole is not a 7 nor is Luai

its a contrived half combination which will not work IMO

Luai has no fluency and his recent games he has gone back to this “jumping jack” action.

A genuine 7 controls a game.

Cole is NOT a 7 and Luai is NOT a 7

1 Like

Agree with SHF, SBF & Steve. Taylan May’s had his 3 strikes. I hope the club cuts him. I want a team where I can be proud of ALL the men in it.

3 Likes

That’s why I’m thinking Toelau will come into half, Luai to 5/8, and Cole to the bench replacing Peachey.

Time will tell

1 Like

Toleau didn’t play NSW cup yesterday. Not sure why. Hopefully not another injury.

I love this team, this club and have done so for many years. But I won’t follow scum, so if this is proven he needs to go or I will.

1 Like

Not sure if a number of strikes comes into it. A ‘strike’ of an offence as alleged in this latest case is enough to have a contract cancelled if proven. The Sunshine Coast incident was more of a pest getting pretty much what he deserved from my understanding.

Above all we need to think of the victim in this matter.

No winners in all this.

trouble with the May matter we are forgetting about talking about the game, we are talking about the dill which is my point.
Anyway about today, we will be facing a Warriors side who will essentially be playing for their season.

They are 14th on 7 points with the leading team on 20 and the team running 8th on 12 points
They are 5 points or circa 3 wins adrift of 8th.
Trouble for them is plenty ahead of them and they need all the teams ahead of them to start losing games.

This demonstrates their predicament and whilst its only Round 10 their season hinges on today imo.
They have the added issue of Johnson out as do we with Cleary, so they will see this as a “chance” for them to get a win.

We will need to be “on” as they will really have a go.

Our new halves combination will be tested but only if our forwards are not controlling the game and to be honest our forwards have only been ok this year.

Conditions look perfect for todays game, i expect to win but hope the “May” matter hasn’t distracted our boys.

1 Like

well we got what we deserved and that should be Peachys last game in the firsts.
we didn’t lose the game because of him but his defensive effort was crap.
but he wasnt alone, we were trash and got beat by a side who not only were decimated before the game ,they lost Egan during the game and if he had of played he would have cut us apart.

nothing to take out of that game at all except it shows how much we depend of Cleary and how much of a flaw that is, but again our forwards were average.

just on Peachy, if he is the best we have to come off the bench we have bigger problems then i believe we have.

was Alamotti injured???

1 Like

:mega: Panther Pride Man of the Match voting is now open here.

I am pretty gutted by that game.

Aside from Kenny I am not sure who to give points to.

It was never going to be pretty, but we let ourselves down by errors, poor discipline, poor game management, and lack of leadership.

Why oh why did we decide to take that kick at the end from 35 metres out, 2 mins to play when we had the complete ascendancy.

Despite errors, the game was there for the taking and we all but threw it away.

I agree with SBF regarding Peach - what a lacklustre defensive error.

Oh well, not the end of the world, but we need to be better next week, with hopefully a couple of changes.

3 Likes

100% agree. I was disappointed when we extended his contract he wanted to go play with his brother’s should have let him go