[2022] R12 Panthers v Cowboys - Game Day Thread

R12 Penrith Panthers v North Queensland Cowboys

Game Day Information

:rugby_football: Match Penrith Panthers v North Queensland Cowboys
:stadium: Venue Bluebet Stadium, Penrith NSW
:clock10: Time Friday 27th May 2022 6:00pm
:tickets: Tickets Tickets via Ticketek
:rugby_football: Other Matches NSWCUP Newcastle Knights v Penrith Panthers 29/5 2:00pm 1
JFLEGG Newcastle Knights v Penrith Panthers 29/5 12:30pm 1
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :full_moon: Mostly Clear 15°C (24% Chance of Rain :cloud_with_rain:)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]
1. Knock On Effect NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg Fixtures of Knights v Panthers to be played at St. Johns Oval, Newcastle.

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 32 Tries Isaah Yeo, Dylan Edwards, Brian To’o, Taylan May.
Goals Nathan Cleary (2/3), Stephen Crichton (1/1)
North Queensland Cowboys 0 Tries
Goals

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT

PRESS CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS

OAK PLUS PHOTO GALLERY

FULL MATCH REPLAY

PANTHER PRIDE MOTM VOTING

Teams

Telstra Premiership Knock On Effect NSW Cup NSW Jersey Flegg
:rugby_football: Panthers v Cowboys :rugby_football: Knights v Panthers :rugby_football: Knights v Panthers
:clock3: Friday 27/5 6:00pm :clock3: Sunday 20/5 2:00pm :clock3: Sunday 21/5 12:30pm
:stadium: Bluebet Stadium :stadium: St Johns Oval :stadium: St Johns Oval
TEAM
1. Dylan Edwards 1. Sunia Turuva 1. William Fakatoumafi
2. Taylan May 2. Christian Crichton 2. Cody Lawson
3. Izack Tago 3. Logan Dickson 3. Elone Taufa
4. Stephen Crichton 4. Thomas Jenkins 4. Angelis Hotere-Papalii
5. Brian To’O 5. Daeon Amituanai 5. Addison Williams
6. Jarome Luai 6. Jack Cole 6. Kristian-Li Mai
7. Nathan Cleary © 7. Niwhai Puru 7. Connor Mason
8. Moses Leota 8. Eddie Blacker 8. Hanna El-Nachar
9. Apisai Koroisau 9. Soni Luke 9. Bailey Nourendine
10. James Fisher-Harris 10. Liam Henry 10. Brad Fearnley
11. Viliame Kikau 11. Preston Riki 11. Jack Garrod
12. Liam Martin 12. John Faiumu 12. Zac Lipowicz
13. Isaah Yeo © 13. J’Maine Hopgood 13. Hohepa Puru
INTERCHANGE
14. Mitch Kenny 14. Isaiah Iongi 14. Braith Alexander
15. Scott Sorensen 15. Alec Susino 15. Daniel Sykes
16. Spencer Leniu 16. Mavrik Geyer 16. Tyreece Tonga
17. Jaeman Salmon 17. Ativalu Lisati 17. Mason Teague
RSERVES
18. Robert Jennings 19. Simon Tito
19. Chris Smith
20. J’Maine Hopgood
21. Sean O’Sullivan
22. Matt Eisenhuth
23. Soni Luke
24. Charlie Staines
COACH
HC Ivan Cleary HC Peter Wallace HC Jono Rolfe
AC Andrew Webster AC Kevin Kingston
AC Cameron Ciraldo

:small_orange_diamond: Positional Change       :small_red_triangle: Moved into squad       :small_red_triangle_down: Moved out of Squad       Injury or Medical Related

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership K.O.E NSW Cup Jersey Flegg Cup
Referee Ashley Klein TBA TBA
Sideline Official Phil Henderson TBA TBA
David Munro TBA TBA
Video Referee Chris Butler - -

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2022 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Ashley Klein 2009 (2/2) 100% (15/40) 37.50% 159.5 155 1.03

:mega: Team Lists and Match Official have been updated.

TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP

KNOCK ON EFEECT NSW CUP

JERSEY FLEGG CUP

Interested to see the reading times for NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg are 1 minute each whereas the NRL reading time is 2 minutes. I would have thought 30 seconds would have been more than adequate for the NRL side given that it has been unchanged for the last 4 weeks. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

4 Likes

Yer Steve, what’s up with that??

1 Like

I’m probably not the best one to ask mate… it takes me a good 10 minutes to read ANYTHING.

1 Like

I’ve got a feeling we are going to make a mockery of the Cowboys, the excuse of course will be no JT and that is a factor, but I think we will really aim up tonight.

Kikau for a double and hopefully 1st Try :crossed_fingers:

I don’t know about a mockery, but confident we will win. I’m thinking by about 10

1 Like

Does anyone know what time the gates open?

Gates open 4pm.

Royce’s lap of honour approx 5.10pm

1 Like

Good all round performance in the first half. Given the way we have dominated possession & field position, I feel we should be another try or two up, but credit to the Cowboys defence for keeping us to 16 points.

1 Like

make no mistake this is the best side we have played this year and there is a bit to take away from the first half

firstly the Kikau try was a try.

Tago showed something exceptional to run down the Cowboy in defence and an even exceptional scramble by our boys to get back and diffuse that attack

Our patience in attack and being able to break down a very good defensive side is on show for all to see

Edwards is an exceptional FB

Outside all of this our handling is brilliant, and importantly our defence is outstanding.

Ivan would be thrilled with an awful lot but our defensive resilience would make him most proud.

This mob will not go away and we will definitely see them in the semis and on what i am seeing from them, would not surprise me to see them in the big dance.

They will learn from this but ominously so will we.

That is what separates this team from the rest, we learn and the desire to improve is all.

2 Likes

we can’t afford to give them a sniff. Concentration and patience required in attack.
Ideally we need to kill this one off !

you know I think we were a little fortunate in the amount of turnovers from the Cows.

2 Likes

Another complete performance & solid win. Hard to fault anyone.

Our defence has been awesome these last 3 weeks. That loss to Parra a few weeks ago looks to have woken us up.

2 Likes

Ivan will be filthy on that second half.

Nathan still doesn’t look 100% to me and what was it with giving Crichton a kick?

It was a win against a side who wouldn’t go away and like i said they will learn and so will we.
Our defence is the key point…our attack is the part where we were off.
Nice win, not sure about Kikau reports?..hope all the boys pull up ok as we ready for the Dogs with a lot of folks missing for SOO duties

2 Likes

:mega: Panther Pride man of the Match voting is now open here.

A great game against a spirited never say die opposition, which illustrates just how far ahead of the other teams we are.

To the Cowboys credit, despite the scoreline they defended with venom the whole game.

Edwards and Yeo both had almost perfect games both with the ball and defending. Yeo’s positioning and footwork for his try were beautiful to watch. How Edwards picked that ball up at speed to score his was extraordinary.

Despite his muffed try, I though Tago’s efforts in defense were second to none. Shades of Sattler in his run down of Holmes.

As mentioned, the Cowboys would of beat any other team in the comp with their effort. The fact we held them to 0 and scored 22 points against them shows just how far ahead we are.

All that said, a week can be along time in football. Next game will see half our team out, but interesting all the same seeing some of our up and comers in action.

3 Likes

Once again, a very complete performance against a team who came to play. We never looked like losing & probably the score didn’t reflect the game.

The cows tried their big trickshot play on the first play & then not too much after that, although they seemed to have perfected the line dropout & being able to attack the kicker with impunity??

What was it with the bunker official. Was it the first time he had ever seen a game before? Took forever and much of what he said didn’t even make sense. On the Tago no-try when he started rambling about simultaneous etc etc, he just needed to say that the ball was not grounded before the arm touched the line - no try.

Great to see Roycie’s triumphant return - the man is a true legend.

Moses’ first stint was incredible.

Next 6 weeks will be interesting for us.

4 Likes

100% - They showed the VB hard earned at one stage in the first half, it was JFH :flushed:

Moses owned the first 25 minutes and IMO set up everything we did with his efforts. It was a GREAT team performance with everyone contributing, i.e. this is what i expect from our middle early to allow the rest of the team to operate on the front foot.

1 Like