R12 Sharks v Panthers - Game Day Thread

R12 Sharks v Panthers

Game Day Information

:rugby_football: Match Cronulla Sutherland Sharks v Penrith Panthers
:stadium: Venue PointsBet Stadium, Woolooware NSW
:clock10: Time Saturday, May 25 5:30pm
:tickets: Tickets Tickets via Ticketek
:rugby_football: Other Matches NSWCUP Newtown Jets v Penrith Panthers 25/5 3:00pm
JFLEGG Cronulla Sutherland Sharks v Penrith Panthers 25/5 3:15pm
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :cloud: Cloudy 17°C (:cloud_with_rain: Chance of Rain: 24% / :wind_face: Wind: S 14km/h)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership | Full Time

40px Penrith Panthers 42 Tries James Fisher-Harris, Jarome Luai, Paul Alamoti, Dylan Edwards, Jack Cole, Liam Henry, Scott Sorensen.
Goals Dylan Edwards (7/8)
40px Cronulla Sharks 0 Tries
Goals

:rugby_football: Knock On Effect NSW Cup | Full Time

40px Penrith Panthers 6 Tries Preston Riki.
Goals Trent Toelau (1/1)
40px Newtown Jets 44 Tries Chris Vea’ila (3), Samuel Stonestreet (2), Max Bradbury, Liam Ison, Samuel Healey.
Goals Niwhai Puru (6/8)

:rugby_football: Knock On Effect NSW Cup | Full Time

40px Penrith Panthers 16 Tries Jirah Liddiard (2), Samuel Lane.
Goals Jirah Liddiard (2/3)
40px Cronulla Sharks 14 Tries Felix Faatili, Dylan Coutts, Kristian Dixon.
Goals Kristian Dixon (1/3)

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT

PRESS CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS

FULL MATCH REPLAY

PANTHER PRIDE MOTM VOTING

Team

Telstra Premiership Knock on Effect NSW Cup Jersey Flegg Cup
:rugby_football: Sharks v Panthers :rugby_football: Jets v Panthers :rugby_football: Sharks v Panthers
:clock3: Saturday 15/5 5:30pm :clock3: Saturday 25/5 2:00pm :clock3: Saturday 25/5 3:15pm
:stadium: Pointsbet Stadium :stadium: Henson Park :stadium: Pointsbet Stadium
TEAM
1. Dylan Edwards 1. Isaiah Iongi 1. Tim Carson
2. Sunia Turuva 2. Jesse Mclean 2. Jirah Liddiard
3. Izack Tago 3. Casey Mclean 3. Angelis Hotere-Papalii
4. Paul Alamoti 4. David Fale 4. Sam Lane
5. Brian To’o 5. Daeon Amituanai 5. Nick Murphy
6. Jack Cole 6. Tyrone Peachey 6. Blake Moore
7. Jarome Luai 7. Trent Toelau 7. Zach Lamont
8. Moses Leota 8. Ativalu Lisati 8. John Sagaga
9. Mitch Kenny 9. Soni Luke 9. Cooper Egan
10. James Fisher-Harris 10. Preston Riki 10. Jakeb Vailalo
11. Scott Sorensen 11. Harrison Hassett 11. Riley Wake
12. Liam Martin 12. Mavrik Geyer 12. Aston Warwick
13. Isaah Yeo © 13. Riley Price 13. Billy Phillips
INTERCHANGE
14. Daine Laurie 14. Billy Scott 14. Jensen Tuaoi
15. Lindsay Smith 15. Luron Patea 15. Hokofonu Lemoto
16. Liam Henry 16. Falefa Letoi 16. Ahmani Leilua
17. Matt Eisenhuth 17. Zac Lipowicz 17. Lachlan Blackburn
RESERVES
18. Mavrik Geyer 18. Francis Manuleleua
19. Soni Luke 19. Siotame Hansen
20. Trent Toelau 20. Judah Galuvao
21. Jesse Mclean 21. Luke Philp
22. Tyrone Peachey 22. Joseph Nohra
COACH
HC Ivan Cleary HC Ben Harden HC Jono Rolfe
AC Peter Wallace
AC Ben Garnier

:small_red_triangle::small_red_triangle_down: Promoted/Relegated | :small_orange_diamond: Positional Change

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership K.O.E NSW Cup Jersey Flegg Cup
Referee Gerard Sutton Daniel Luttringer Lachlan Greenfield
Sideline Official Phil Henderson Mitchell Stone Isaac El-Hassen
Matt Noyen Luke Heckendorf Jake Sutherland
Video Referee Ashley Klein - -

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2024 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Gerard Sutton 2009 (1/2) 50% 31/54) 57.41% 217 221.5 0.98

Game is SATURDAY 25th not Sunday 26th.

1 Like

It’s amazing how many other sites have this game being played at Bluebet rather than Pointsbet lol.

Goes to show why we should ditch gambling naming of grounds and just go back to Shark Park / Endeavour field, Penrith Park etc.

I do hope so minor tweaks are made to the team list this week, dropping Peachey and replacing with a genuine half would be a good start. I mean I would even take Luke on the bench if he’s fit, and that’s saying something.

1 Like

I defended Cole last week & still haven’t lost faith in him. Having said that, I’d like to see Toelau get a go. He’s a genuine half and, I believe, has been in good form in Cup. Luai could go back to 5/8 & Cole off the bench.

Anyway, we’ll find out soon enough.

2 Likes

It should go without saying that May won’t be in the lineup this week, as I am expecting him to be suspended indefinitely.

2 Likes

If the allegations are true May should be suspended permanently from any Panthers team….wonder what the likes of Edwards, Yeo, Lotoa, JFH etc make of May hopefully not much

2 Likes

With the team named, we won’t be going backwards AND there will be no excuses for the halves this week. Top of the table clash, best pack we could pick, trouble of May in the rear window…no excuses !

4 Likes

:mega: Team Lists and Match Officials are updated.

TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP

KNOCK ON EFFECT NSW CUP

JERSEY FLEGG CUP

This game turns on whether we believe we can win the comp again IMO

we are missing 1 player albeit our key player but the hallmark of a great team is how they handle adversity.

Sharks will be primed for this big time in making a statement to the comp they are the real deal and with their 2 recent wins will see them as favourites.

We on the other hand have been all over the place but winning ugly until last weeks loss.
This game will show the character of our 24 squad and their desire to win another premiership.

I don’t believe i am overstating it but our year, turns on this weeks game.

I am underwhelmed by Cole at 6 and even less with Luai at 7 but that is who we have got and the Coach has decided this is our best.

We will know soon enough if the Coach is right.

If you are saying should we lose to the sharkies we cant win the premiership…yes you are overstating it. Come on SBF have faith in the cause. Lets go Panthers

2 Likes

For someone who has been following Panthers since 1969 urging me to have faith its well…laughable.
I am stating what is obvious in my opinion.
If you feel we are doing great please explain?
To give some context.
Cleary went off against Dogs and we couldn’t score a try and only kicked 2 goals in the second half.
we got beat by a wounded Warriors last week and this week we play a rampaging Sharks
I cited where our problems are and have flagged them all season, we are having trouble scoring and in some games our defence is soft and poor…do i have to mention Peachy again?

To give further context Cleary is out for 8 weeks, (lets hope that is all it is) and in week 1 we lost to Warriors

Week 2 we play Sharks
Week 3 we play Dragons
Week 4 we play Sea Eagles
Week 5 we play Knights
Week 6 we win with a BYE
Week 7 we play Cowboys
Week 8 we play Broncos

On current form out of the future 6 games to play without Cleary how many do you think we could win?
I was hoping we could win 4 of the games without Cleary but we lost the first, say we lose to Sharks, that is 2 out of 8
Of the 5 remaining as we get a bye how many of those do you think we could win?
That is why i suggest there is a lot on this game as the halves we now have need to deliver.
I will be the happiest person in the world if we win and i don’t care how we win but just win.
But as always it is just my opinion.

Sorry SBF…didnt know youve been a fan since 1969 with all that knowledge and loyalty Im embarrassed I questioned your analysis of the season. I stand corrected …but hey there still hope we could beat the Sharkies and then we will be back on course for a 5th consecutive GF appearance. Fingers crossed for a win!!

In reality we really need to hold out the next 3 weeks. Schneider is expected to return and Luai can return to #6.

Our depth in the halves are really being tested, and we need to have the team virtually as our best 17 (minus Cleary) to keep in the top 4.

2 Likes

I have been a Panthers fan since 1966 (yes, a year before we entered the big league) and I don’t claim that that gives me any extra insight or knowledge than anyone else. That is just ego talking.

4 Likes

Good on you BxTom….in all those years of supporting Panthers isn’t it great that we now have a team that has achieved so much over the last 4 seasons and has given us so many exciting memories. Win or lose today I’m still a happy Panther I just don’t share the pessimism of some…we still have a lot to look forward to. Let’s go Panthers.

4 Likes

Interesting stat. Hope this trend continues.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

WOW!!! Wasn’t expecting that. I was quietly confident going into the game, but didn’t expect to see a score like that. Still a long way to go, but can’t see us losing from here. The masters are showing the apprentices how it’s done.

3 Likes

Love your confidence, Mutley. I’ll be happy if we pick up where we left off, I don’t want to see the Sharks get a sniff, things can change too quickly.

And, it’d be great to make a statement win against the ladder leaders. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Finally we have seen a complete 40
The team has made a statement.
Luai is outplaying Hines and Cole is doing what he needs to do and happy he scored his first try.
Noticeably Leota and JFH did the damage early.

The trick is now to crush this mob…we need the for and against

2 Likes