R12 Sharks v Panthers - Game Day Thread

WOW!!! Wasn’t expecting that. I was quietly confident going into the game, but didn’t expect to see a score like that. Still a long way to go, but can’t see us losing from here. The masters are showing the apprentices how it’s done.

3 Likes

Love your confidence, Mutley. I’ll be happy if we pick up where we left off, I don’t want to see the Sharks get a sniff, things can change too quickly.

And, it’d be great to make a statement win against the ladder leaders. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Finally we have seen a complete 40
The team has made a statement.
Luai is outplaying Hines and Cole is doing what he needs to do and happy he scored his first try.
Noticeably Leota and JFH did the damage early.

The trick is now to crush this mob…we need the for and against

2 Likes

Like others I had quiet optimism, but wasn’t expecting such a dominant performance.

Probably our best first 40 minutes all year.

Kenny is playing himself into state of origin consideration.

Just keep them at zero boys.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Ok. I’m happy now.:grin::grin::grin:

great win but the zero is more important.

we got a bit loosey goosey towards the end and we could have put more on them but you can’t take anything away from the performance. Our best all year!

i am disappointed by the reporting of Tago and Leota which were jokes and should be in no more trouble.

Enjoy boys!!!

3 Likes

I can’t help thinking that last week they went into the game thinking the game was already won. This week they knew they had a challenge and played accordingly.

1 Like

As a Shire resident, who has copped almost 40 years of crap from the locals because I don’t support their team, this is the most satisfying victory possible. They were all getting ahead of themselves, getting ready to engrave their name on the trophy & we gave them a massive reality check. I’ll be wearing my jerseys very proudly this week.

7 Likes

2 Likes

:mega: Panther Pride Man of the Match voting is now open here.

Please get one of those shoulder-mounted boom boxes blasting ‘hells bells’ and ‘go the mighty panthers’ everywhere you go!

2 Likes

On last night was anyoe watching the Indigineous welcome to country when the camera panned towards a player and it appeared the woman standing behind “aunty” said she was “god” and then all of a sudden all was cut off and the welcome to country was cut short.

did anyone else note this?

what was that about?

Just watching the highlights again and i am reminded about Mcinnes talking to the ref at half time, i have posted on here about this but the Ref should wave them away or before a word is spoken should call in the Panthers Captain to listen to what is said.
Its so inappropriate IMO and simply shouldn’t be allowed.
On the game more broadly it was a game of 2 halves with the first half our power and execution we ran in 28 points.

The second half we seemed to change, we were more patient with heaps of drop outs and still overwhelming them but struggled to run away with it in points, just scoring 14 more.

The first half we simply hurt them in defence and had a power game in offence which they couldn’t repel.
On the ref, we have to become used to the fact no matter what, the refs will always look at penalising us for example we were defending and he warned after 3 six agains someone would go to the bin and the icing on the cake was the 2 reports late in the game.
I guess the only way to overcome this at the end of the day is to outscore the other mob.

And i got what i was hoping to see, the passion, desire and hunger from the squad, to show everyone it still means something to them and we are still the team to beat.

1 Like

Some negative news:

Foxsports reporting Cole and Martin picked up hammy complaints.

I forgot to mention this last week but how good were the indigenous jerseys, they looked amazing.

It also made me nostalgic for white away jerseys. I do like the pink, don’t get me wrong, but a white alternate strip just looks so good. Maybe it’s time to bring back the white strip and bring the pink back now and again as a special treat.

3 Likes

Interesting how the so called “expert” commentators were saying Sharks were the real deal with exultations such as the best defensive side in the comp.

let alone Gould saying the loss to us was great for the Sharks and would hold them in good stead when they meet the Panthers again.

A week is a long time in football, they again got humbled 34-22 by a team who are in the process of booking their end of season trip.

They have given up 76 points in 2 games.

I bet Gould says this is exactly what they needed.

1 Like

Too bad we didn’t score another 8 points then, Gould would be saying “no team has won the premiership after conceded 50 in a game”

1 Like