R26 Panthers v Rabbitohs - Game Day Thread

:joy:

I think the thing is the last month of footy hasn’t been overly convincing; Cleary has pinched a couple of close wins and we’ve lost a couple. We’ve dropped from 1st to 4th, potentially lower depending on how this round went (now no lower than 4). Injuries were mounting, even now key players like Edwards look busted and Cleary is Rd 1 finals prospect. All at the worst possible point in the season.

Gus was on the commentary talking about how he can see a big score of 50+ coming, but it felt like we never got going and the Rabbits were always in it.

That said, I saw a solid foundation to build from last night and agree with your comments mrwalker.

I remember thinking ‘what on earth is going on’ after Tito’s second try. The Rabbits looked cooked. But then the game just took forever. 65 minutes in, the wife sat down to watch and said ‘wow, there’s still a long way to go’. I hadn’t looked at the clock but thought there was only a couple of minutes left. Man was I shocked!

I have to specifically cheer this:- Cody Walker’s fwd pass was called!! :tada:

But wtf was going on here: NRL on Nine on Instagram: "Joey and Gus were NOT too chuffed with this one! 😡 #9WWOS #NRL"

2 Likes

I guess that some clubs send their roster off for a course at NIDA.

4 Likes

Seems the footy gods have shined on Penrith this week.

Roosters and Sharks have upset by the Raiders and the Warriors. This will leave Penrith in outright second place. A victory over the Titans next week will assure that Penrith will secure a home final in the first week.

NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg have also secured their place in the finals, with the Jersey Flegg playing a Qualifying Final against the Bulldogs and the NSW Cup side scraping into the finals (which is quite a feat considering the rotating squad they have had filling in first grade spots) will play a Elimination Final against the Warriors.

NSWRL Finals Week 1 Schedule

Grade Match Venue Time
K.O.E NSW Cup New Zealand Warriors (4) v Penrith Panthers (5) TBC TBC
Jersey Flegg Cup Penrith Panthers (2) v Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs (3) TBC TBC
1 Like