[2022] R7 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread

@SteveTidball you seem to be giving the Raiders a bonus try in the score result lol

Had a feeling the media would make an issue out of this:

That’s the price of being a tall poppy Mutley. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

I think they are most upset by the fact that we do it better than them
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Another interesting stat from the commentary:

This was the 43rd game in a row that we won after leading at halftime.

I’m guessing that goes back to some time in 2019.

The ridiculous orchestrated clap, which the raiders copied from elsewhere, just begs to be parodied by opposition fans, as the Panther fans have shown. I think the raiders need to get used to opposition fans giving it back to them, as other fans are likely to start doing it.

2 Likes

Best thing about when we did it, there was no ground announcer timing everything perfectly. No mics. Just completely organic classic crowd shitfuckery. I was impressed with how well it sounded on the TV broadcast!

1 Like

I figured they could use it… you know… since we were so disrespectful and all… :hearts:

Thanks by the way, all fixed.

2 Likes

Regarding the business with the viking clap… if they played some decent football they wouldn’t have to worry about other teams fans “mocking” their “clap”.

2 Likes

Agreed. The best way for the Raiders to counter is to play decent footy.

1 Like

:shushing_face:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I haven’t heard anything about Rapana’s churlish tossing Crichton into the fence after he scored his first try. But then, that’s always been Rapana’s modus operandi, so I guess nobody was surprised.

And we can look back to Canberra for salary cap breaching (in the early 1990s?), and then wearing T-shirts saying “This time it’s personal”. What a brain dead comment. No-one said that the team in question wasn’t a great footy team; the problem was that the team should never have existed. But that was too subtle for the likes of Stuart, not to mention Mal “what’s football done for me” Meninga. Or is hubris endemic in the ACT footy circles?

2 Likes

If memory serves correctly, the Raiders fans were wearing “Salary Caps” (green caps with a $ sign on it) to the 1991 Grand Final.

1 Like

Another great TEAM display

Gotta make comment re Rapana, he is a F@#$ing GRUB. The push on critter after he scored is nothing compared to the dog act on Cleary. The ref calls a penalty for them, Cleary was in the tackle, yet he still came in from the side and shoulder charged Cleary’s elbow…then had the hide to put his hand up apologising after the fact when he saw NC clutching his arm.

What a piece of shit !

4 Likes

Sometimes I can’t help myself. I think it needs to be said though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes