[2022] R9 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread

R9 Penrith Panthers v Parramatta Eels

Game Day Information

:rugby_football: Match Penrith Panthers v Parramatta Eels
:stadium: Venue Bluebet Stadium, Penrith NSW
:clock10: Time Friday 6th May 2022 7:55pm
:tickets: Tickets Tickets via Ticketek
:rugby_football: Other Matches NSWCUP Penrith Panthers v Parramatta Eels 6/5 5:40pm
JFLEGG Penrith Panthers v Parramatta Eels 6/5 4:00pm
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :full_moon: Clear 11°C (2% Chance of Rain :cloud_with_rain:)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Channel Nine (FTA) [LIVE]
:tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership| Full Time

Penrith Panthers 20 Tries Taylan May (2), Dylan Edwards, Spencer Leniu.
Goals Nathan Cleary (2/4)
Parramatta Eels 22 Tries Clinton Gutherson, Reed Mahoney, Ryan Matterson, Dylan Brown.
Goals Mitchell Moses (3/4)

:rugby_football: Knock On Effect NSW Cup| Full Time

Penrith Panthers 25 Tries Robert Jennings (2), Thomas Jenkins, Eddie Blacker.
Goals Kurt Falls (4/4) Field Goal Sean O’Sullivan (1)
Parramatta Eels 8 Tries Sean Russell, Jayden Yates.
Goals Jordan Rankin (0/2)

:rugby_football: Jersey Flegg Cup| Full Time

Penrith Panthers 40 Tries Isaiah Iongi (2), Cody Lawson (2), Mavrik Geyer, Daeon Amituanai, Niwhai Puru.
Goals Niwhai Puru (6/7)
Parramatta Eels 32 Tries Dantoray Lui (2), Turoa Williams, Larry Muagututia, Corey Fenning, Ethan Sanders.
Goals Corey Fenning (4/6)

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT

PRESS CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS

FULL MATCH REPLAY

https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telstra-premiership/2022/round-9/full-match-replay-panthers-v-eels---round-9-2022/

PANTHER PRIDE MOTM VOTING

Teams

Telstra Premiership Knock On Effect NSW Cup NSW Jersey Flegg
:rugby_football: Panthers v Eels :rugby_football: Panthers v Eels :rugby_football: Panthers v Eels
:clock3: Friday 6/5 7:55pm :clock3: Friday 6/5 5:40pm :clock3: Friday 6/5 4:00pm
:stadium: Bluebet Stadium :stadium: Bluebet Stadium :stadium: Bluebet Stadium
TEAM
1. Dylan Edwards 18. Charlie Staines :small_red_triangle: 1. Isaiah Iongi
24. Brian To’o :small_red_triangle: 2. Christian Crichton 2. Daeon Amituanai
3. Izack Tago 3. Robert Jennings :small_red_triangle: 3. William Fakatoumafi
4. Stephen Crichton 5. Thomas Jenkins :small_orange_diamond: 4. Kristian-Li Mai
5. Taylan May 1. Sunia Turuva 5. Cody Lawson
6. Jarome Luai 6. Sean O’Sullivan :small_red_triangle: :small_orange_diamond: 6. Jack Cole
7. Nathan Cleary © 7. Kurt Falls :small_orange_diamond: 7. Niwhai Puru
22. Moses Leota :small_red_triangle: 8. Eddie Blacker 8. Hanna El-Nachar
9. Apisai Koroisau 23. Soni Luke :small_red_triangle: 9. Connor Mason
10. James Fisher-Harris 10. Lindsay Smith 10. Brad Fearnley
11. Viliame Kikau 11. Preston Riki 11. Ativalu Lisati
12. Liam Martin 12. Chris Smith :small_red_triangle: 19. Mavrik Geyer :small_red_triangle:
13. Isaah Yeo © 13. J’Maine Hopgood :small_red_triangle: 13. Hohepa Puru
INTERCHANGE
8. Matt Eisenhuth :small_orange_diamond: 14. Jarrod Brackenhoffer 12. Jack Garrod
16. Spencer Leniu 15. John Faiumu 14. Braith Alexander
17. Jaeman Salmon 16. Liam Henry 15. Daniel Sykes
23. Mitch Kenny :small_red_triangle: 19. Valu Lisati :small_red_triangle: 16. Ilai Tuia
RESERVES
21. Sean O’Sullivan 4. Matt Stimson :small_red_triangle_down: 19. Elone Taufa :small_red_triangle_down:
2. Charlie Staines :small_red_triangle_down: 9. Mitch Kenny :small_red_triangle_down: 20. Addison Williams :small_red_triangle_down:
18. Robert Jennings :small_red_triangle_down: 17. Mavrik Geyer :small_red_triangle_down: 22. Tyreece Tonga :small_red_triangle_down:
19. Chris Smith :small_red_triangle_down: 17. Zac Lipowicz :small_red_triangle_down:
20. J’Maine Hopgood :small_red_triangle_down:
14. Soni Luke :small_red_triangle_down:
15. Scott Sorensen :small_red_triangle_down:
COACH
HC Ivan Cleary HC Peter Wallace HC Jono Rolfe
AC Andrew Webster AC Kevin Kingston
AC Cameron Ciraldo

:small_orange_diamond: Positional Change       :small_red_triangle: Moved into squad       :small_red_triangle_down: Moved out of Squad       Injury or Medical Related

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership K.O.E NSW Cup Jersey Flegg Cup
Referee Gerard Sutton Cameron Paddy Tom Stindl
Sideline Official Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski Tom Stindl Dillian Wells
Wyatt Raymond Rickey McFarlane Rickey McFarlane
Video Referee Ashley Klein - -

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2022 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Gerard Sutton 2009 (1/1) 100% (24/42) 57.14% 160 163.5 0.98

Odds on I reckon that To’o and Leota will be named in jerseys 20 and 21, to leave their inclusion or not guessing up to kick off.

2 Likes

I agree @SouthernHillFan.

I think To’o might play, he looks super fit and has been back at full training for a few weeks now. Leota on the other hand might be another week. Considering his injury and the contact he usually makes, it wouldn’t hurt to give him one more week.

Eisenhuth is doing a great job as a fill in forward right now, he will be up for one more week in the 8 jersey.

2 Likes

Would love to be at full strength against these scumbags, but it is only round 9…

I just hope Spencer can control his aggression, he adds sooo much to our team when he comes on.

4 Likes

@Kevin Regarding Spencer, I think he is at his best coming of the bench for a 20 minute injection of fury. Better to have an impact bench forward than a prop who gets gassed in the early exchanges.

1 Like

Me too SHF, I’ve got no issue with him coming off the bench, his impact is great, but he needs to control his temperament, I thought he was going to head butt Fifita on the ground with one of his first tackles…so aggressive.

With Moses out, we cannot afford these types of brain explosions

1 Like

Assuming they are good to go I think they might be given a gallop in the NSW Cup.

Considering his enthusiasm, I think that he does a good job of controlling his aggression. He seems to maintain a good balance.

OK let’s go with that HP…but he does appear to be borderline to losing his shit lol

1 Like

:mega: Teams and Match Officials have been announced.

TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP

KNOCK ON EFFECT NSW CUP

JERSEY FLEGG NSW CUP

Good call. If you had got the numbers right I would have asked you for this week’s Powerball numbers. :grinning:

1 Like

this is a game to really get any supporter excited.

Parra will be out to recover from last weeks belting and the ensuing criticism of the coach and the playing group. They have had 2 ugly losses to Tigers and Cowboys and a tight one against Cronulla.

Add to this the west rivalry and you will have a Eels team wanting to dish it up to the Premiers and the emphasis Arthur will put on this and challenge his players to lift.

I expect them to respond and Arthur will come up with a change in tactics for his mob.

In many ways Cleary (Ivan) will know all of this and more, our focus has to be on what we can control and not about them.

we all agree last weeks game was way below our best and i am sure many in the squad would view it as an ugly win.

there is a bit in this game for us as well for us with local rivalry and our first game where we really get to see where we are really at.

9 rounds into the comp and form is coming to light as are the teams executing at the highest level moving away from the teams who are not.

Panthers have some brilliant games, some brilliant moments in games and some ugly clunky wins this year but the boys have managed to get the job done.

There are match ups all over the park this week, Edwards v Gutherson, Paulo& RCG v JFH,Api v Mahony, Lane V Kikau, Yeo v Brown, Luai v Brown, Cleary v Moses

Perhaps the players might see this individually as a test as well but i believe we will be up for this game and i really believe we had our mind on this game and next weeks game last week.

add to all the personal match ups we will have a full house sign at Penrith to watch the team battle this out.

Just so much about this game to salivate over, if we focus on us, control what we do and execute at the level we all know they can Panthers should win this, maybe a tussle early and expect this to be full of niggle and maybe even a little nasty but expect us to prevail.

Panthers to win.

3 Likes

Not this supporter SBF - I hate playing these idiots purely for the fact, I don’t cope well if we lose to them.

I nearly had a stroke in that final last year. My worst nightmare is us n them in the GF, this can never happen :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Imagine Kevin walking into a game with a defibrillator under his arm. :laughing:

2 Likes

do they come in team colours?
there is a business opportunity for Panthers.

1 Like

you come-to after having one of them things unleashed on your hairy chest you won’t care what colour it is. :zap:

Updated Team List

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has updated his squad for Friday night’s sold-out Battle of the West against Parramatta Eels at BlueBet Stadium.

Cleary has confirmed that representative winger Brian To’o and prop Moses Leota will play in the Round 9 match, while Mitch Kenny has been named on the bench.

SOURCE

I like it, we are getting serious again !

Panthers forward Scott Sorensen has been ruled out of tonight’s match against Parramatta Eels due to a non-COVID illness.

Prop Matt Eisenhuth will take his place, returning to the line-up on the interchange bench for the Battle of the West.