[2021] Round 11 v Rabbitohs MOTM

Vote for your Round 11 v Rabbitohs Man of the Match

Penrith Panthers 56 Tries CMatt Burton (3), Nathan Cleary (2), Viliame Kikau, Kurt Capewell, Brian To’o, Stephen Crichton.
Goals Nathan Cleary (10/11)
South Sydney Rabbitohs 12 Tries Josh Mansour, Cody Walker.
Goals Adam Reynolds (2/2)

Who are your votes for this weeks Man of the Match? (Please select 3 players)

• Stephen Crichton
  • Charlie Staines
  • Matt Burton
  • Paul Momirovski
  • Brian To’o
  • Jerome Luai
  • Nathan Cleary
  • James Fisher-Harris
  • Apisai Koroisau
  • Liam Martin
  • Viliame Kikau
  • Kurt Capewell
  • Isaah Yeo
  • Tyrone May
  • Scott Sorensen
  • Matthew Eisenhuth
  • Spencer Leniu

0 voters

@SteveTidball just letting you know Capewell got another vote from me this week, he is looking more and more comfortable with his game in this squad with every week that passes.

I should also say, Eisenhuth probably had his best game for us yet, IMO still not to the standard we are playing at as a team but his efforts are going in the right direction.

Hard to pick just 3 again, although there were 2 standouts this week - Cleary & Burton.

Maybe we need to look at a system where we give each player a rating out of 5 or 10
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I remember just a couple of years ago, when Fish would get a vote, and then at times it was hard to find another two to vote for :slight_smile:
Now, it is sooo hard. I think that, despite Fish being great again, this was maybe the only time I didn’t give him a vote.

1 Like

I gave Luai a vote because his presence (organising) frees Cleary to take the line on, which he does with aplomb.

2 Likes

With a comprehensive display, it is usually a forward created result. IMO our early pressure through the middle was significant, both Fish and Liam Martin got a vote along with Capewell on the edge who looked to make metres with ease. That try was great footwork and eyes up vision.

1 Like

‘that try’ to Capewell was put on by Yeo (another Fwd). Capewell had work to do but sure didn’t freeze when confronted by a defender.

2 Likes

Yeah I gave my votes to Cleary, Burton and Capewell

Cleary put on a masterclass yesterday. I found it hard to find any fault in his game at all. Kicking was superb and passing game was brilliant.

Burton was just switched on all game, hanging on Cleary and Luai and waiting for that opportunity to tear a hole in the defensive live, he never gave up on a play and it paid dividends with 3 amazing tries.

Capewell just seems to get stronger and more agile every game. That run from that short pass from Yeo was amazing, there would have been no shame to pass that to one of the chasers, but the big man backed himself and punched through. his attack has been excellent and he put in a tonne of defensive work. He needs to be near the top of the Panthers retainment efforts, you don’t want to see a QLD club snap him up.

2 Likes