[2019] Round 13 v Roosters MOTM

Vote for your Round 13 v Roosters Man of the Match

Penrith Panthers 19 Tries Viliame Kikau (2), Brent Naden
Goals Nathan Cleary (3/3) FG James Maloney (1/1)
Sydney Roosters 10 Tries Daniel Tupou, Victor Radley
Goals Drew Hutchison (1/2)

Who are your votes for this weeks Man of the Match? (Please select 3 players)

• Dylan Edwards
  • Josh Mansour
  • Isaah Yeo
  • Brent Naden
  • Brian To’O
  • Nathan Cleary
  • James Maloney
  • James Tamou
  • Mitchell Kenny
  • James Fisher-Harris
  • Viliame Kikau
  • Frank Winterstein
  • Liam Martin
  • Jarome Luai
  • Wayde Egan
  • Reagan Campbell-Gillard
  • Moses Leota

0 voters

Tough week to pick standouts. Only to pick three seems like an impossible task. I got down to the following 3 as my MOTM.

James Maloney - Put on a real masterclass against the Roosters. Took on a lot of the kicking duties on field to take pressure off Cleary backing up from Origin. 3 Try Assists, 11 kicks for 267 metres, a 40/20, plus a field goal to top it off. If he isn’t in consideration for State of Origin, then the NSW Selecters have rocks in their heads.

Brent Naden - This kid is going to go places. he was in everything in defense and attack. Not afraid to have real dig, and never gives up on the ball until it’s out of play, on one instance leading to his first NRL Try. 165 Run Metres, with 40 Post Contact Metres. He really knows how to bend the defensive line. He did have 5 errors, but since he has only played a few games on the big stage he can be forgiven.

Josh Mansour - Finally got that monkey off his back, returning to his best, the most outstanding performance of his season thus far. His stats say it all, over 200 run metres with 59 post contact metres. He was tearing them up the middle all afternoon. I swear he could play in the second row in a pinch. 3 tackle breaks as well. He was a real machine, it’s good to see the old Josh Mansour back in action, if we are to win enough games to make the finals, he will need to bring this type of intensity every week.

Honorable mentions

Dylan Edwards - Hoodoo is gone. Super safe under the highball. Excellent in attack.
Viliame Kikau - Always there when he was needed to smash the line (2 tries ain’t too shabby as well)
Brian T’oO - Give this man a gap and he’ll slip through (sometimes even when there isn’t a gap.
Nathan Cleary - After backing up from origin game up with 2 try saving tackles, often running across field for the save. Excellent game overall.

That all being said, I couldn’t fault anybody this week.