[2019] R15 Warriors v Panthers - Game Day Thread

imagine the NRL in charge of a wedding …
lose the rings, sprinkle water on the grooms brow,
then read a eulogy out loud. :wink:

just on that short kickoff defence. Are you allowed to lift
a teammate in the air a’la Rugby line out ?

interesting question but the NRL would create a rule within a week of it happening to stop it.
our failure at short kick offs pales by comparison to our complete disregard for giving away penalties

Its funny how all talk has been about the Burgess eye gouge and the likely 5 to 10 weeks he will get

All NRL officials could have cost a team a place in the 8…imagine the cost to the club by way of sponsors/mechandising/gate receipts etc

and these clowns will fade into the noise of all other media and their scrutiny will be forgotten

A couple of questions on rules and rule interpretation;

If a player touches a ball accidentally in an offside position (not that the player is offside, but the ball hits a player standing in front of his teammate following a knock on), isn’t the offence an “accidental off-side” and hence a scrum not a penalty kick? Or did this rule change sometime? Maloney did not catch nor play at the ball from the kickoff, and he appeared to be well onside at the kickoff.

I thought the rule for a drop goal missing and going dead was a 20m drop-out, not a 7 tackle restart? Did this change sometime?

Anyhow, a fantastic effort from our guys, wonder who the refs will be for SOO3?

The apology counter for this season is up to 4. Next is cowboys at 3, warriors at two. Objectively, if you wanted to say the refs haven’t given us a go this season, you have evidence. The biggest gripe i have with all of these errors, is that its costing us points.

3 tries disallowed/allowed, could tack on 12-18 points to our differential. But its also scoreboard pressure in game.

How must our players feel, knowing that 1 in 4 of our games, we will essentially receive an apology for a serious referee blunder. They don’t apologise for an incorrect strip, or a forward pass. These are systematic errors and obvious blunders.

Anyways, I still feel like we’re not quite a top 8 team. We really need to score some points.

SHF - if you miss a field goal it’s a 20 tap, always has been, if you miss a penalty goal and the ball goes dead it is a 20m drop out.

After this weekend the biggest issue is how we can have so much disparity from our refs, take the Knights binning vs the Eels on report incident or the Burgess gouge. One fella ends up with a broken nose from a blatant swinging arm, the other nearly has his eye popped out with the red telling an irate Farah “I’ve got it, just leave it” then to hear him say to Burgess “your hand was all over his face with your fingers in the eyes, it’s in report”…F$&@ me. The knights tackle happens 10 times a game.

PATHETIC :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Didn’t help that his mates with their eyes painted on, aka touch judges, disallowed a penalty goal that would have put us 6 points ahead with 10’ to go. We lost by 2!

Was that the kick that hit the upright and was caught a metre in the in goal?

I was thinking the same thing…what the!!

But no-one said anything and just kept commentating…Duds

Kevin, I didn’t hear why DWZ decided to jump ship. Is the reason known, do we know why?

In an interview he said something like, his religious beliefs made it hard for him to play with some of our players.

Which doesn’t make sense going to play with ‘Big Papi’ at the dogs :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

He just wanted out I guess