[2019] R20 Bulldogs v Panthers - Game Day Thread

that said how do you let a kid who would weigh 80 kgs to run from a scrum to score like that?

well there you go…we are gone’
maloney’s careers is over at Panthers

we are worse then awful

1 Like

Woeful, no more to say tonight

1 Like

shambolic and Cleary to run the show next year, mercy.

2 Likes

There have been a lot of bad games this year, but this was by far the worst.

I couldn’t point to a single player and say they had a good game today. Absolutely woeful.

Really putting a knife into the back of their finals chances.

2 Likes

do our players get paid on the metres they run sideways?
i would argue jfh and martin were our best
maloney is dreaming about france
cleary the nathan believes his sport is untouchable
mansour has lost everything
egan is pedestrian
what does winterstein do?
whare and naden have forgotten what centres do
i could go on but cleary the ivan is the coach who also believes he is untouchable

me…the future looks bleak

1 Like

Agree about JFH & Martin being our best. Will struggle to think of a third player in our MOTM votes this week.

1 Like

:mega: Man of the Match voting is now open here.

https://discourse.pantherpride.com.au/t/round-20-v-bulldogs-motm/377

Hmmm - that was difficult to watch in replay after knowing the score.

A couple of points
They absolutely got away with murder in the ruck, laying all over us. Also when 1 man down, they ran the clock down ridiculously whenever they could with nothing said.

NC has lost his mojo, if he think he just has to defend with a good kicking game, then his tenure will be a Looooong time for us fans.

JFH and Liam Martin should get the week off and everyone else should be running to Katoomba and back this week.

I hate to harp on it, but that was clearly another 1 sided refereeing display, what is it with Ben Cummins and Penrith, just because he comes from the area doesn’t mean he has to ‘penalise’ us to avoid showing bias :frowning:

Not just laying all over us in the ruck, the dogs had their hands all over the ball as we were trying to play the ball. The refereeing around the ruck area was atrocious.

My biggest concern is the 2 points taken when Tolman was sent off. It’s almost as if they knew they wouldn’t get over in the 20m zone and opted to take the two.

This has been a major issue all year, and despite the results going our way the past weeks, this issue hans’t got better. If we manage to scrape into the finals this year and play like that, we are going to get thumped so hard, we are going to feel it all the way through Summer till the 2020 season.

1 Like

if NC is only going to defend, play him at lock.
Maybe the wrong coach for this player !! :wink:

1 Like

There was a backline move in the first half, we went to our right and it was like no-one knew what to do, it was in slow motion and we actually lost ground. Terrible

Well that was disappointing. It was supposed to be a good time with beer in hand at Panthers watching a win, on the big screens, to secure our spot in the top 8. Some comments :-1:

The Scumdogs first try was surely a forward pass. If not, then Mansour has been robbed of a couple over recent weeks.
If Naden grounds the ball instead of trying to pick it up (WTF), and Cogger’s try was called as the knock on that it was, we still could have won and salvaged some baggage from the train wreck.
Like all of us here, I have just watched two weeks, two losses, with us unable to convert into points extended periods of play attacking the enemy line; then they managed to come close to our line and score at will, like a hot knife through butter. Have any of you blokes’ forensic eyes exposed why this happens?
For the Cogger try, it is another demonstration that the NRL is flawed to the point of dishonesty. I am surprised that we haven’t had another apology and mea culpa from the NRL, admitting the mistaken decision. Maybe their lawyers have advised them not to admit mistakes.
Kenny needs to understand the difference between enthusiasm and giving away dumb penalties. Such indiscretions have killed Penrith since Adam was a boy.

And one more thing - from my knowledge of anatomy, the eyeball is part of the head and therefore is above the shoulders. So why is a hit in the eye (Luai) not a high tackle, especially when the player (and playmaker) has to leave the field?

1 Like

its considered "accidental’
and as such doesn’t meet the foul play standard

the way nathan is playing he in my opinion is more like a hooker…his game just hasn’t developed at 7 and the sooner we put him at 9 the better

if i was the board or coach i would be looking for a new 7 and 6

luau is not our future at 6

egan and kenny are not our future at 9

Thanks, SBF. Strange rules indeed. So if a hand hits a nose, maybe causing damage, that’ll be deemed a high tackle. But not if the hand impacts an eyeball instead of a nose.

1 Like

I always had big wraps on Luai. Why don’t you see him as our next five-eight? Has he got a kicking game?

1 Like

why is a tackle around the legs unfashionable, no-one nose !

its clear you don’t know what accidental. is…one could argue what you are doing is ‘intentional’

surely you see the difference