[2019] R23 Cowboys v Panthers - Game Day Thread

The fish rots at the head first Steve!

1 Like

Let him have his last two games. I think it’s pretty much safe to assume that our season is over come the conclusion of Round 25.

Get the halves in the mix for 2020 together (Nathan Cleary, Jerome Luai, Matt Burton, Dean Blore) and get them all working together with some former halves and give them some experience based training. I would put together a training team of say Greg Alexander, Trent Barrett, Craig Gower and Peter Wallace. Those 4 have enough of a diverse style of playing styles that the young guns will have a opportunity to find the style that fits them best.

I think we could build a premiership winning side around a mix of Cleary, Luai, Burton and Blore in the middle.

Anyway, that what I think.

3 Likes

I am not convinced on Luai, for mine he is timid, ala Luke Walsh, great skill set but worthless if you don’t draw the defence, thus meaning you have to take a hit or 2 to create options. His skipping etc is fine if it’s progressive, but doing it then running backwards defeats the purpose and makes him look scared.

2 Likes

Funny thing is that after the game I actually wondered if Walshie was still playing.

He could possibly suit Cleary more the Maloney