[2020] PF Panthers v Rabbitohs - Game Day Thread

HP - Personal accolade v premiership…

Your 100% right, TEAM sport

1 Like

This is the flaw in the Dally M system. Stand out players in mediocre teams have an advantage over any player in a good team due to the way the voting works.

A better system would be to give each player a rating out of 10 each week.

2 Likes

Totally agree. I used to like the old ‘out of 10’ rating of each player, each game, to determine the ‘true’ best player, that was used in Rugby League week. In that way, yes, great games get you 8 or 9 points, but for many players they also have some 5 or less ratings when they play badly.

A good example today would be the #1 (media darling) for the knights. In a 24 game season he would miss maybe 6 with injury, have maybe 6 games earning 8 or 9, and then a bunch of low points for the other 12 games, and would have no chance in winning ‘the best’ title.

Anyway, not too many players have had a better season than NC has had this year & the fact he didn’t get the gong doesn’t change that one bit.

1 Like

if Moses ‘amps’ up anymore he’ll take off. :wink:

1 Like

That would also allow people that have my train of thought to be included in the decision making.

Unless a back has an absolutely exceptional game, where they get us home when our forwards are on the back foot, they don’t get a vote from me. I think i have given a back a vote maybe twice this year.

The current system, my votes are completely ignored in the context of voting because most league enthusiasts rate try scoring and kicking displays as the go to for voting. My guise is, if you don’t own the middle, the backs are passengers, thus if backs are ‘doing what is expected’ it’s because our forwards are exceptional in said game…then i vote accordingly

2 Likes