Game Day Information #NRLPanthersRoosters

:rugby_football: Match Penrith Panthers v Sydney Roosters
:stadium: Venue Panthers Stadium, Penrith NSW
:clock10: Time Saturday 14th March 2019 7:30pm
:tickets: Tickets Ticketek [Link]
:stadium: Gates Open Gates Open 3:35pm
:rugby_football: Other Matches CCN Penrith Panthers v North Sydney Bears 3:50pm
JFC Penrith Panthers v North Sydney Bears 5:20pm
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :cloud_with_rain: Possible Showers 19Ā°C (35% Chance of Rain :cloud_with_rain:)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]
:warning: Advice With risk of Coronavirus increasing in Sydney please take precautions
when attending events with large crowds, if you are at increased risk
refrain from attending high crowd events.

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 20 Tries Brent Naden, Stephen Crichton, Viliame Kikau
Goals Nathan Cleary (4/4)
Sydney Roosters 16 Tries Mitchell Aubusson, Siosiua Taukeiaho
Goals Kyle Flanagan (3/4)

:rugby_football: Canterbury Cup | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 20 Tries Patrick Hollis, Jake Tago, John Faiumu
Goals Brendan Hands (4/4)
Nth Sydney Bears 6 Tries Christian Tuipulotu
Goals Drew Hutchison (1/1)

Daly M Awards Points

3pts Penrith Panthers Api Koroisau
2pts Penrith Panthers Isaah Yeo
1pt Penrith Panthers James Fisher-Harris

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT (PANTHERS)

MATCH REPORT (NRL)

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

MATCH REPLAY
COMING SOON
Ā 
MAN OF THE MATCH VOTING
https://discourse.pantherpride.com.au/t/round-1-v-roosters-motm/439

Teams

Telstra Premiership Canterbury Cup NSW Jersey Flegg Cup
:rugby_football: Panthers v Roosters :rugby_football: Panthers v Bears :rugby_football: Panthers v Bears
:clock3: Saturday 14/3 7:30pm :clock3: Saturday 14/3 5:20pm :clock3: Saturday 14/3 3:50pm
:stadium: Panthers Stadium :stadium: Panthers Stadium :stadium: Panthers Stadium
TEAM
1. Caleb Aekins 1. Daine Laurie 1. Glenn Mcgrady
2. Josh Mansour 2. Charlie Staines 2. Matthew Faauila
3. Dean Whare 3. Jed Cartwright 3. Taylan May
4. Brent Naden 4. Maliko Filino 4. Thomas Jenkins
5. Brian Toā€™o 5. Jake Tago 5. Logan Cohen
6. Jarome Luai 6. Tyrone May 6. Hayden Bonanno
7. Nathan Cleary 7. Kurt Falls 7. Dylan White
8. James Tamou (C) 8. Kaide Ellis 8. Jayden Tanner (C)
9. Api Koroisau 9. Brendan Hands 9. Luke Sommerton
10. Zane Tetevano 10. Billy Tsikrikas 10. Nitoa Kairau
11. Viliame Kikau 11. Pat Hollis 11. Ratu Nanovo
12. Liam Martin 12. John Faimu 12. Zac Duclos
13. Isaah Yeo 13. Jā€™Maine Hopgood 13. Chase Chapman
INTERCHANGE
14. Stephen Crichton 14. Jarrod Brackenhofer 14. Maurice Trindall
15. James Fisher-Harris 15. Lindsay Smith 15. Tom Affleck
16. Moses Leota 16. John Trimboli 16. Liam Henry
17. Jack Hetherington 17. George Tsikrikas 17. Ethan Clark-Wood
RESERVES
18. Billy Burns 18. Aaron Mawhinney
19. Matt Burton
20. Jed Cartwright
21. Kaide Ellis
COACH
Coach: ivan Cleary Coach: Peter Wallace Coach: Guy Missio

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership Canterbury Cup NSW Jersey Flegg
Referee Adam Gee Keiren Irons Luke Saldern
Chris Butler Clayton Wills -
Sideline Official Jeff Younis John Woods Robert Morey
Nick Beashel Cameron Turner TBA
Video Referee Steve Chiddy - -
Bryan Norrie - -

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2020 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Adam Gee 2011 (0/0) 100.00% (12/20) 60.00% 34.5 47 0.73
Chris Butler 2014 (0/0) 100.00% (2/6) 33.33% 21 27.5 0.76

Not a bad squad and interesting to see Crichton on the bench and Burton a reserve with Luai getting the job at 6
Roosters will be up for it, hope we are

On a side note i wonder if the Coronavirus ā€œthreatā€ will have any impact on what would have been a bumper crowdā€¦hope it doesnā€™t but you couldnā€™t blame folks for not going especially when they have to take their own toilet paper.

Just glad the footy is back and for the Panthers, i just hope we have something better and different to what we dished up last year

Raiders,Roosters and Storm set a very high mark last year and we were way off the pace

Hope we are competitive and we get through with no injuries, a win would surprise but would be a magnificent shot in the arm for players and supporters.

JFH on the bench? If he is coming back from injury and not 100% donā€™t play him, he is too valuable. If he is 100% ready to goā€¦HE SHOULD START :scream:

JFH has suffered a Pectoral Tear in October at Gym session just after the end of the season which required surgery. There has been 4 months of recovery, and he is ready to play.

He has only played one trial in 4 months and only came back to full training a few weeks back. I think the strategy is to limit his game time and ease him back into footy. I think keeping him out of the squad wonā€™t help his recovery any, he needs game time, but needs to ease back into it.

1 Like

I think Cleary is up to his old foxing tricks with the side named.

JFH on the bench? Doubt it - heā€™ll either start or be a scratching an hour before the game.

Crichton on the bench? He canā€™t cover for API or the halves, so again I think a foil. Unless of course one of the backs are under an injury cloud.

Suggest Burton will come into the bench, or possibly Swap starting role with Luai.

Good to see the 2nd row and lock formation. Therein lies our real strength.

In short - Ellis and Cartwright will be culled first (both names in seconds).

An hour before kickoff, Crichton will swap with Burton, Decision made on JFH (if playing will start and Hethrington will drop off bench).

Crystal ball stuff of course - bring on the roast chook!!!

1 Like

I think the JFH situation Steve mentioned is more plausible re injury. I forgot all about him busting his pec :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I hope your wrong SHF, not a fan of the ducks n drakes coaches playā€¦

1 Like

home game, home crowd, till further notice.
For those brave enough to attend, loud and proud !!!

saw an earlier cross to the ground and it looks magnificent although we had a bit of rain, i think we will still see an open game

Nathan was interviewed and he recognised we were the most penalised team last year and says we need to focus on our discipline mores against the Roosters.

Lets see how this unfolds during the game

Being cool i think gives our big boppers a better chance to compete and be less fatigued, but they will enjoy the same conditions

It sets up as a beauty

I will be happy if we an be disciplined and put in a great effortā€¦if we get a win i will be over the moon

Unfortunately Iā€™m watching from home, what might be the only game I see for a while :slightly_frowning_face:

well we are in it but i have one single question

why is Cleary kicking to Tedesco on 5th tackleā€¦on every occasion?

He is the worlds best fullback and why isnā€™t he kicking to their wings or kicking for touch to give the boys a breather.

Anyway its a dour struggle atm but sense this game will break open in the 2nd half.

Hope Kikau is ok.

Well done boys, there are some learnings from that game

We cut out penalties and we turned up with effort and intensity

Karisou has been key i believe to how we look as a forward pack and how quickly he can change the shape of our attack.

Very pleasing and hope we have no injuries , enjoy boys it was a well deserved win.

:warning: PantherPride Man of the Match voting in now open here

https://discourse.pantherpride.com.au/t/round-1-v-roosters-motm/439

Pleasing result after a sloppy start.
Some very encouraging signs.
Well done Panthers.

Great all round performance by the team, against a side that came out of the blocks like they were continuing the grand final.

We didnā€™t let the unlucky start of the match get us down, and came back as a team.

Very high quality match, great to see the variation in our attack, and kicks coming from more than just Cleary.

Great Pity this may be one of the few games we play this year. Post this with a heavy heart based upon the ongoing corona panic. Wish everyone well.

WOW - Those were 2 very different halves of footy, the first half reminded me of a Luke Walsh run teamā€¦I will leave it there :scream:

The second was our 2018 it doesnā€™t matter what the score is we will run you down with effort and energy.

I just hope we play the 2nd half for the rest of the seasonā€¦ā€¦.if we get to play !

2 Likes

Very happy to be back at footy, even though it may be shortlived!!

Start was ordinary, but a pretty darn good performance to get the 2 points against the ā€˜benchmarkā€™ team. Forwards were very good as a unit, with Api a standout. The fish & Yeo were the next best.

Looked dangerous almost every time we went left. Not so much on the right with the invisible man presenting zero threat yet again.

Always good to get a win first up at home!

Should be a good sign for the future, whatever shape that may take.

maybe we have to temper our enthusiasm as its only Round 1 and as many old hard heads know its not what happens in Round 1ā€¦its what happens after 26 rounds

And with that being said i doubt we will see 26 rounds this year which is something all of us would never have seen before

Things are moving so quickly around us its hard to know how long the season may go if its goes any further and questions like what number of rounds would constitute a season before the finals?

There was heaps to like, we had variety mostly coming from Korisau who looks to have settled into a key role early and with players like Crichton punching above their weight, things look promising and would almost be a shame if we didnā€™t get a full season in to see how we go but there are bigger things at play nowā€¦i just hope the people who are at risk avoid acquiring this virus.

If we have to give up a year as a sacrifice to getting through this with less casualties and or people getting sick, i am willing to do so.

The greater future and legacy of the game is what is important right now

Still hard to go past savouring a great win.

Funny you say that about our invisible man mrwalker, when we scored in the second half I cracked up laughing, said to the Mrs, havenā€™t seen Whare all game until he came in to pat someone on the back lol

1 Like

Cā€™mon mate, be fair :slight_smile: 80mins - 2 runs for total 15m, 11 tackles with 3 missed. Until I looked them up just now, I didnā€™t realise just how invisible he actually was. During the game I just noticed little involvement.
Note: I am trying to not mention by name until he departs - I still remember getting crucified on here over Purtell :slight_smile:

2 Likes