[2020] R18 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread

Well, once again a big game. If we play close to our best we should win.

I think we can well match them up front, and our halves should create enough chances for us to score enough points.

I’ll be getting ready soon, but it’s still a fair while to 7:55pm :grinning:

C’mon boys!!!

Ordinary first half. Should have scored a few more if our hands didn’t let us down.

:mega: Panther Pride Man of the Match voting is now open here.

https://bit.ly/2ZpRD6o

A great win against (dare I say it) quality opposition.

We simply owned that game through possession and field position. Strong running by the forwards and backs. JFH played some ridiculous minutes and sat guys in there back all game.

Martin has become quite the try scoring machine.

The Crichton / Mansour combination seemed quite clunky in the first half.

All in all an impressive performance, we never looked like loosing such was our control of the game.

We may need to rest Api due to HIA

1 Like

Eels didn’t disappoint and played about as good as we let them. And despite the commentators still talking them up about their defence, i believe it was our attack which made their defence appear better then what it was
But like all games this year, this team seems to be able to revert to process and trust in the process and when back on track we were great.
Maybe just maybe the first half could be forgiven largely due to the fact i think we may have been too focussed on making a statement and with a focus on bashing them up we lost focus on our attack.
But we did bash them up with a ferocity i haven’t seen from any team this year, gang tackles, hard hitting and nullifying anything and everything they were doing, you have to happy with that but for me it was our ability to re focus and get back to process in the 2nd half where were simply put our foot on their throat and simply squeezed until they were gone which was the highlight for me.

Of course the 2 conceded was the statistical highlight albeit that was a joke of a penalty.
Just on the ref, what was it with awarding penalty under the posts then reversing it to a 6 again play???
Never ever seen that and where does this appear in the rule book?
On the team, i thought Cleary was off his best and Kikau is either carrying some injury which is being managed or he is losing form.
Edwards was a giant last night and was easily our MOM but JFH wasn’t far away being our best. He is really turning into a world class forward and not only does he do a mountain of work but last night was on for 77 minutes!!!
We are now set for a home final plus should close out the Minor Premiership next week but the grand prize is within sight.

This team can go all the way, the boys are starting to believe and you can see it in the after match conferences and interviews.
Well done boys, you won everywhere last night in all facets of the game.
Enjoy and keep an eye on the big prize, its yours if you continue to grow and perform like that.

2 Likes

Well beating the slimies is always great. Beating a team with a wanker like Gutherson in it is always great. Parra got 2. Enough about Parra.
Gerard Sutton is useless. Enough about the ref.
Jared Maxwell is useless. Enough about the bunker.

We made a lot of errors, especially in the first half, but still dominated the game. The defence, as steamy said, was brutal. If it was a boxing match they would have stopped it. Our defensive line offence and our covering meant that we restricted them to not really looking like scoring a try.
Our forwards were great again. Fish is arguably the best forward in the game right now. Edwards was fantastic, even with that pass to Sauce. I think Dylan got excited when he got around Blake and thought he’d created a chance - no - knock on.
NC’s kicking was a bit off, but that 40-20 was great. His play has got to a level where expectations are high & anything less than perfection is bad. Straight after a couple of ordinary kicks, you could see him lift in defence, so as to make good. And his goalkicking was spot on.
It’s great to be a Panther today. We have a home semi locked-in, possibly against the team we played last night, and maybe this will be our year.
Dare to dream & stay safe.

2 Likes

And one of life’s pleasures is to sit in the grandstand as the crowd melts away, and just savour the moment. At times like that, time goes too quickly. 2020 will be remembered by most people on planet Earth as something bad and weird, but for us out in the outer West it is becoming something special.

5 Likes

Wooooo Hoooooo - The highlight for me, other than the result, was their shit fullback getting pasted…back in your hole little matey ha haaaaaa

Mind you, still kept looking at the big screen to see himself again