[2020] R7 Panthers v Rabbitohs - Game Day Thread

I gave Tetevano a vote in the MOTM this week, he was great when he came on.

Agree Pete, said it to the Mrs last night during the game, it is standard that Penrith get pumped by the refs, it’s almost like we don’t matter. What I hated last night, the no. 11 for Souths received the first 3 restart calls, getting up and carrying on rather than playing the ball…it’s a F@#$ing JOKE :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Concerned about the team playing at the bankwest cow paddock next week. Players are going down like flies.

2 Likes

I thought we just ground out that win, but a win is a win.
Cleary would be flthy on them scoring at the death.

A new surface is being put down this week, so hopefully the condition will be better.

how do they get a new surface to ‘knit’ in such a small time frame?
It could potentially be worse than it was !

1 Like

I remember watching something about it before they opened the stadium.

If I recall correctly the ground is in sectional panels that can be pulled out and interchanged with other panels. They were expecting a few teams to play out of that venue (like the Tigers and Bulldogs) and they had thought of this when developing the field.

I stand to be corrected (it has been a while since I watched that report), but I am sure that’s how it works.

let Parramatta trial it ?

1 Like

Not our call to make… it’s a Tigers home game.

Which begs the question why isn’t it at Campbelltown, that is one of their nominated home grounds and is one of the NRL’s nominated grounds.

I get that the Tigers agreed to a few games at Bankwest but these are special circumstances, the number of gaes at the 1 venue should allow them to change, particularly given the surface issue.

All hell should break loose if shit happens to us on this new surface - I know I will be SUPER PISSED

After all it will be Saturday night lol :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :woozy_face: