2021 predictions

1. Souths - overall the strongest team in the competition. Need to overcome their habit of losing a week short of the Grand Final.
  2. Roosters - well oiled machine, only question mark is over the halfback
  3. Storm - another well oiled machine, is Smith going to play on?
  4. Panthers - will be there when the whips are cracking, but won’t be taking teams by surprise this year
  5. Eels - will start strong, but fade in the back end
  6. Raiders - could be higher, a lot rests on the fitness of Hodgson
  7. Titans - finished last year strong & have recruited well
  8. Manly - provided Tommy Turbo doesn’t injure himself again (after this current injury) they should have the talent to make the finals.
  9. Sharks - hard to pick, will push for a spot in the finals but fall agonisingly short
  10. Warriors - will fight yo the end, but just fall short
  11. Cowboys - potentially a finals side, but hard to pick them
  12. Dragons - will improve, but not enough
  13. Bulldogs - will take a step in the right direction, but still a couple of key players short of being competitive
  14. Knights - can’t see much to get excited about, will be tough to beat at home, but fodder on the road
  15. Tigers - despite trial form, I don’t see much happening here
  16. Broncos - need everyone to perform if they want to be competitive again

Premiers: Panthers
Dally M: Jarome Luai
Top try scorer: Charlie Staines
Top point scorer: Nathan Cleary
First coach sacked: John Morris

Minor premiers / Premiers = Panthers
Spoon = Parra :face_vomiting:

Who cares about the rest lol

1 Like

Pretty solid Mutley.

A few things I differ on.

I don’t think the Sharks will be even in the final calculation. They are in my bottom 3 this year. They are in for a rude awakening, and I would be surprised if Morris sees the year out as coach.

Titans are my surprise packet for this year. They recruited well, and they looked to be righting the ship in the back half of the 2020 season. I expect to see them between 4th and 6th this year with a good run on injuries.

Regarding Souths… I am concerned with the mix they have in their team. They have a lot of talent, but in saying that, they also have a lot of personalities. This can lead to having a team of individuals, and may lead to a “team of champions” not being a “champion team”. I guess if anybody can pull it off though it would be Wayne Bennett.

3 Likes

I think that has been Souths problem for most of the last decade. Great team on paper, but too many people that want to be the star. I think they are up to 5 preliminary finals exits in the last 9 years if memory serves correctly.

1 Like

Round 1
Rabbits, Bulldogs, Broncos, Titans, Rorters, Panthers, Raiders, Dragons

1 Like

Might have a rethink now that Smith’s future is decided

Well, Storm won the first game of the season; here’s hoping we win the last.

5 Likes