[2021] R11 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread

I’m blown away with this first half. I was expecting a close, tight game, but we have just steamrolled them. How much is Burton loving playing at home - 2 tries & the run that set up another!!!

1 Like

the first half by us was sublime with the only blemish being their late try and perhaps would be Ivans only concern.

The trick for him as it has been in a few games is to get the team to ignore the scoreboard and go back to process because they can score points

We just need to roll on with this and hope we can get a starting team back on quickly and snuff out any hope Souths may have.

1 Like

A great first half and somewhat unexpected given this is 1v4.

The ironic thing is I don’t think the bunnies would have score had Edwards been playing.

We do need to keep our heads on though, keep playing for field position then attack, rather than trying for the miracle play i our own half.

Bunnies will come at us in the second half.

Burton X 3. yeah, Panthers in again.

Hey steamboat next time you forecast a close game let us know so we can load up our bets. !!!

2 Likes

nothing much more to say other than to say…complete

One of the tings we saw last night with the Storm is how players fit into their system and today we saw our “system” at work and why we are where we are at.

Much to like about our effort in both halves and although a couple of times we lost our way int he second half we were able to maintain the effort

A great and complete effort

On the reports, none of our players have anything to worry about…i would suggest just fines.

Enjoy the win and trust our boys have no injuries.

Puss…you said it would be a “hard match ahead”

Anyone who thought we would win 56 -12 didn’t volunteer that on here.

I am happy if we win by 1…its the effort and execution i focus on.

Points will come if you get your game at its best.

I am happy with what i post on here.

Great win, made all the more sweeter with my Souths supporting brother & nephews staying with me this weekend
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah steamboat you’re right, I got no idea. I still fear Melbourne and Bellamy. But ain’t it grand to follow Panthers at the moment. I’m still dirty on mid season rule changes and am trying to work out if it’s in our favour (discipline) or not. Don’t pay no matter to me, I’m a stirrer ! :upside_down_face:

Nb we erred in letting Burton escape to Dogs, but we can’t win ‘em all.

Just on the press conferences…Bennet said we were “wonderful”

which in Bennet speak is quite a compliment.

BTW, i concur!!!

1 Like

Well, I really thought Souths were going to be contenders this year. I thought with them bolstering their forward pack with Arrow, and with Latrell fit they could be a force. After being dismantled by Melbourne, then utterly destroyed by Penrith today - their chances are well and truly gone.

Penrith just play with this incredible speed. Once they get a quick PTB they are almost impossible to stop. The rabbitohs supposedly have the ‘best forward pack’ in the game, and were outplayed by a bloke who normally comes off the bench into the Second Row!

I just love this football team, and am enjoying the ride. Momorovski had an excellent game, the Coach will struggle to drop him next week. He was breaking tackles at will.

Bulldogs next week, and i imagine Burton will again have something to prove to his future club. When we played them earlier in the year, it was during the floods. Hopefully we once again see the floodgates open on the scoreboard to send Barret’s men packing!

1 Like

Looking at the way this competition is going, I think the teams can already be divided into 3 distinct groups:

Probables - Panthers & Storm

Possibles - Eels, Roosters, Souths & Manly

Making up numbers - the rest.

It’s hard to see anyone other than us or the Storm winning, but on the off chance we both fall, it will be one of the possibles.

2 Likes

:mega: Panther Pride Man of the Match voting is now open here.

https://bit.ly/3v8LrO1

probably a fair assessment although we haven’t seen the impact of SOO selections as yet and how this period will or won’t hurt certain teams

I am pretty confident Cleary and Luai will be starting halves and also believe Yeo,Martin and Burton are in the mix to be selected

Thats a good chunk of high quality players we may lose from our roster if they gain SOO selection

Does anyone have an understanding or ruling on what games players must sit out of selected for SOO duties?

1 Like

The big thing for me is, we are not playing “out of our skin” we are controlling the tempo at the same time as being able to score at will it seems.

This for me is the single biggest positive we have and I am excited to see what our up tempo game looks like…when we decide it’s time to take it to the next level that is.

2 Likes

only 1 game where we want to see any uplift in tempo as you suggest Kevin…the GF

although i believe we have seen it in patches but agree largely we are playing within ourselves.

And when you think about it, isn’t that what a great team does?

Once again a great team display & the whole squad is working well. Players come in & know their role & do the job.
I was a bit nervous about the game, but clearly the boys had prepared well & executed. I was confident we had them covered in the forwards, but thought maybe their backs could trouble us - I was wrong about that :slight_smile:
And I think Kevin is right - despite the scorelines, we are not playing at an unsustainable ‘super’ level, but are controlling the game & creating chances & mostly converting the chances into scores or at least field position, so the opposition are almost always under pressure.
Truly a great time to be a Panther!!!

2 Likes

We have 3 game effected by origin:

We will be missing players against the Tigers

We will have players backing up against the Sharks & Warriors

Unfortunately all 3 are away games.

Our NSW Cup side is undefeated too, so we have quality backup

2 Likes

With Origin, in Cleary and Capewell are certainties, Luai a good chance as with Yeo, and after this weekends round Martin and Api would be outside chances.

Cleary can be covered by Burton with Momo in the centres, Luai maybe May, and Kenny for Api, but beyond that (Yeo and / or Martin) we are into the likes of Spencer, Hop’good, Tago, Blacker or Smith.

I hope we blood some of those who haven’t played firsts for us (Tago, Blacker, Smith) this week.