[2021] R13 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread

Game Day Information

:rugby_football: Match Wests Tigers v Penrith Panthers
:stadium: Venue Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield NSW
:clock10: Time Friday 4th June 2021 7:55pm
:tickets: Tickets Available via Viagogo
:stadium: Gates Open Open at 7:00pm
:rugby_football: Other Matches NSW Western Suburbs Magpies v Penrith Panthers 5/6 2:00pm*
JFC Wests Tigers v Penrith Panthers 5/6 4:00pm*
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :sun_behind_small_cloud: Partly Cloudy 14°C (24% Chance of Rain :cloud_with_rain:)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Channel Nine (FTA) [LIVE]
:tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]

* NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg fixtures to be played at Lidcome Oval on Saturday 5th June.

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 6 Tries Matt Burton.
Goals Stephen Crichton (1/1)
Wests Tigers 26 Tries Daine Laurie, Jacob Liddle, Luciano Leilua, Stefano Utoikamanu.
Goals Adam Doueihi (5/6)

:rugby_football: K.O.E NSW Cup | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 40 Tries Brendan Hands (2), Sunia Turuva, Thomas Jenkins, Niwhai Puru, Vito Tevaga, Ratu Luke Nadurutalo.
Goals Kurt Falls (6/7)
Western Suburbs Magpies 14 Tries Joseph Leilua, Allan Fitzgibbon, Kelma Tuilagi.
Goals Jock Madden (1/3)

:trophy: Dally M Points

Votes are now undisclosed

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT

PRESS CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS

FULL MATCH REPLAY

PANTHER PRIDE MOTM VOTING

https://bit.ly/3w4PPyd

Teams

Telstra Premiership Knock On Effect NSW Cup Jersey Flegg
:rugby_football: Panthers v Tigers :rugby_football: Panthers v Magpies :rugby_football: Panthers v Tigers
:clock3: Friday 4/6 7:55pm :clock3: Saturday 5/6 2:00pm :clock3: Saturday 5/6 4:00pm
:stadium: Leichhardt Oval :stadium: Lidcome Oval :stadium: Lidcome Oval
TEAM
1. Dylan Edwards 1. Brent Naden 1. Tyrone Sau
2. Charlie Staines 2. Luke Nadurutalo 2. Cody Lawson
3. Stephen Crichton 3. Sunia Turuva :small_red_triangle: 3. Elone Taufa
4. Paul Momirovski 4. Thomas Jenkins 4. Matthew Faauila
5. Robert Jennings 5. Ethan Clark-Wood 5. Kristian Li-Mai
6. Matt Burton 6. Niwhai Puru 6. Hayden Bonanno
7. Tyrone May 7. Kurt Falls :small_red_triangle: 7. Connor Mason
8. Spencer Leniu 8. Billy Tsikrikas 8. Ilai Tuia
9. Mitch Kenny 9. Brendan Hands 9. Luke Sommerton
10. James Fisher-Harris (C) 10. Eddie Blacker 10. Brad Fearnley
11. Viliame Kikau 11. John Faiumu 11. Mavrik Geyer
12. Scott Sorensen 12. Arthur Crichton 12. Ativalu Lisati
13. Matt Eisenhuth 13. Alec Susino 13. Hohepa Puru
INTERCHANGE
14. Jaeman Salmon 14. Soni Luke 14. Sunita Lotoaniu
15. J’Maine Hopgood 15. Jayden Tanner 15. Valance Harris
16. Lindsay Smith 16. Liam Henry 16. Reece Alderton
17. Izack Tago 17. Vito Tevaga 17. Zac Lipowicz
RESERVES
18. Brent Naden 18. Brad Fearnley
19. Eddie Blacker
20. Sunia Turuva :small_red_triangle_down:
21. Kurt Falls :small_red_triangle_down:
COACH
HC Ivan Cleary HC Peter Wallace HC Ben Harden
AC Andrew Webster AC Brad Drew
AC Cameron Ciraldo

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership K.O.E Cup NSW NSW Jersey Flegg
Referee Grant Atkins TBA TBA
Sideline Official Chris Sutton TBA TBA
Nick Beashel TBA TBA
Video Referee Alan Shortall - -

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2021 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Grant Atkins 2011 (3/3) 100 % (13/18) 72.22% 70 72.5 0.97

If Tigers were ever a chance this week is it.

Our reserve grade got beat by mounties, so the tigers would think they’re a chance :flushed:

1 Like

:mega: Team Lists and Officials have been added here.

TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP

KNOCK ON EFFECT NSW CUP

JERSEY FLEGG CUP

Got to admit, even with 8 players unavailable… that’s still a strong looking side.

3 Likes

Amazing depth. A lot of clubs would be very happy with a first choice of that talent. Notwithstanding that, I think Friday will be close.

2 Likes

I agree. I think this may come down to the wire, but I still feel there is enough talent in that team to get the job done.

I agree, and their young enough not to know the significance/history of
Leichardt Oval.

Come to think of it, neither do the Tigers players we face.

All you Panther fans need to get out there and support the boys who
will attempt to keep our unbeaten run alive. Go you Panthers !!!

Caution: a breeze off the water there is likely to see Burton’s boot land one in Gladesville !!! :wink: :upside_down_face: :grin:

1 Like

On Fri night I will stand in front of the TV and salute our captain for this week - THE FISH. Not to downplay NC and Yeo’s captaincy credentials, nor indeed Jimmy Tamou last year, but this man has the deserved honour to lead us.
In 2018 & 19 he carried us almost single handedly week in week out and has got better!! He is true legend of our club in the same way that men like Applebee & Goodwin & others have done before - no ego just get out there and work their backsides off.
I hope some of those young forwards that will play beside him on Friday night, including the debutants, will learn from him and aspire to be like him. They could choose no better man to follow.

5 Likes

great comments about JFH, has been a tireless forward and deserves the honour of captain.

The team has a nice balance to it but still have a concern about Eisenhuth but guess its an opportunity for him to step up.

Not a player in the 13 who hasn’t enjoyed NRL experience with the current run and will know our systems well

I don’t think this game will be close at all. Maguire will fire them up in an effort to unsettle us , i expect them to have a few in the bin if not even a send off.

Team list updated.

Sunia Turuva and Kurt Falls have been omitted and will instead play for the Panthers NSW Cup side against the Magpies on Saturday.

Looks like Sportsbet are trying to put the mockers on us. WW are reporting that Sportsbet are paying out on anyone who bet on the Panthers to win the premiership or minor premiership on the basis that it is a foregone conclusion.
This type of stunt is sometimes used to generate more betting, including bets with the favourite removed, so effectively betting on who is runner-up. The last time I recall similar was when bets were offered on races involving Winx, where the odds were based on Winx not being included, so betting for 2nd.

1 Like

I know we have players out but I have a good feeling about this game

Can we give Salmon a run? May has been ordinary.

May and Sorensen are both pretty ordinary.

Not to mention the ref failing to pick up the forward passes

1 Like

Our attack is letting us down. We are getting in position, but just not converting it into points.

I really didn’t expect us to be this clunky and Tigers have nothing which is a little embarrassing.

For a start except for JFH we don’t have a forward bending them backwards.

Oddly enough Burton is passing way too early instead of going to the line and surprised he has resorted to bombs but to his credit he was the only player making ground on the Tigers hooker noting Staines didn’t
Crichton is MIA and Edwards has been in the main invisible

Despite this i believe it can be fixed and 10 points shouldn’t be a concern but we have to score first and hopefully the rhythm comes back. If we can get ahead the Tigers will really get nasty

Our forwards have to lift as a group and support JFH, this will give Burton the space he needs.

1 Like

Was always going to be hard with so many players out, but thought we would perform better than we have. Our attack was clunky & we weren’t able to capitalise on possession or field position. May offered little in attack, and Sorensen was ordinary too. JFH & Kenny were probably our best. Impressed with Smith & Tago on debut.

1 Like

I second you on JFH and Kenny being our best. I am struggling to find a third.

I put Burtons poor game down to May’s woeful one.

A Lot of players went MIA tonight.

1 Like