[2021] R22 Dragons v Panthers - Game Day Thread

Game Day Information

:rugby_football: Match St George Illawarra Dragons v Penrith Panthers
:stadium: Venue Suncorp Stadium, QLD
:clock10: Time Friday 13th August 2021 6:00pm
:tickets: Tickets Not Available
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :sun_behind_small_cloud: Partly Cloudy 20°C (4% Chance of Rain :cloud_with_rain:)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 34 Tries Brent Naden (2), Dyland Edwards (2), Matt Burton, Paul Momirovski.
Goals Nathan Cleary (5/6)
St George Illawarra Dragons 16 Tries Mikaele Ravalawa, Jack Bird, Talatau Amone.
Goals Zac Lomax (2/3

:trophy: Dally M Points

Votes are now undisclosed

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT

PRESS CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS

PHOTO GALLERY

FULL MATCH REPLAY

PANTHER PRIDE MOTM VOTING

Teams

Telstra Premiership
:rugby_football: Dragons v Panthers
:clock3: Friday 13/8 6:00pm
:stadium: Suncorp Stadium
TEAM
1. Dylan Edwards
3. Stephen Crichton
6. Matt Burton
4. Paul Momirovski
5. Brent Naden
21. Nathan Cleary :small_red_triangle:
7. Jarome Luai
8. Moses Leota
14. Mitch Kenny :small_red_triangle:
10. Matt Eisenhuth
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Liam Martin
13. Isaah Yeo ©
INTERCHANGE
15. Scott Sorensen
16. J’Maine Hopgood
17. Izack Tago
19. Jaeman Salmon :small_red_triangle:
RESERVES
20. Taylan May :small_red_triangle_down:
22. Lindsay Smith :small_red_triangle:
18. Tevita Pangai Junior :small_red_triangle_down:
2. Charlie Staines :small_red_triangle_down:
9. Apisai Koroisau :small_red_triangle_down:
COACH
HC Ivan Cleary
AC Andrew Webster
AC Cameron Ciraldo

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership
Referee Ben Cummins
Sideline Official Liam Kennedy
Belinda Sharpe
Video Referee Alan Shortall

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2021 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Ben Cummins 2006 (1/1) 100% (20/1/30) 40.2% 202 202.5 1.00

:mega: Team Lists and Match Officials have been updated.

Pass on Pangai !!! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Why @Puss?

TPJ is a hard hitter… and we need some impact in the front row, I feel he would be a better starter than Matt Eisenhuth, who I feel would be better coming off the bench.

1 Like

he’s come from one club on his way to another with nothing to lose.
We however have plenty to lose, I don’t trust a part time ‘big hitter’
during the current NRL stance on perceived foul play.

And another thing, since the NRL has cancelled all the other competitions,
shouldn’t we look after our own?

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sold on TPJ at this stage either. Maybe when he has a game or two under his belt, and we can see how he fits for us, but for now it’s a case of wait & see.

NSW Cup players are not up in QLD and will would be required to quarantine if they are to fill in.

Api Koroisau has lost his appeal to have his suspension lifted with his 1 week suspension for contrary conduct upheld by the NRL.

I would rather have Eisenhuth do his best for us as a team individual than TPJ trying to show his worth and causing more harm than good.

I don’t like it, when is JFH back?

not convinced we will see NC back for this game and my firm view is we won’t see him until the Eels game or at best the Tigers game

I get a feeling his injury is quite serious and IC is keeping him until we desperately need him and my thoughts would be 2 games before the final series and put everything into winning game 1 in the finals to give him another week off.

Its clear to everyone we cannot win it without him.

IC touched on “wins in the bank” in his presser and i feel he is happy as long as we finish in the Top 4 which is assured now…where we finish in the 4 is unimportant imo and i believe in IC’s mind as well.
This game will test us and could be a good game for us to commence playing like we will in the finals.

You cannot change your game plan on week 1 of the finals, you need to start playing like your in the finals now and i don’t expect this game to be of the highest standard and again i will be looking how we go through our processes.

1 Like

No point risking Cleary at this stage. We are going to be playing Souths in the first week of the finals, unless Melbourne really mess up, or if us or Souths lose every game & Eels or Roosters win every game & make up the for & against. Without home finals, it doesn’t matter if we are 2nd or 3rd. Might as well keep Cleary safe for now & get him some match fitness in the last couple of games before the finals.

1 Like

The more time off the better, his injury will not go away, but the extra time to build the muscle around the joint is critical to game time. In saying that, it could blow out first contact…I would be asking him not to make a tackle when he returns.

And No, shouldn’t be playing against the Dragons.

1 Like

And since his injury was incurred from a tackle from behind, best to have him kick or pass rather than run the risk of being tackled.

Wasn’t he running the ball and landed awkwardly?

But yer, just leave him out until absolutely necessary.

Ivan Cleary has said today that Nathan is a good chance of playing this week.

I very much doubt it.

Why risk it when we should be able to win without him?

1 Like

Because conjecture is good for the game ?

1 Like

If he plays, it’ll only be 15 minutes or so, just to feel his way back in & see how it goes.

I actually don’t think it’s a bad idea, test it out & see how he pulls up. If it goes ok, it’ll be a confidence boost & he can gradually build from there.

If it’s no good, I doubt leaving him in cotton wool another week or two would make much difference.

1 Like