[2021] R4 Sea Eagles v Panthers - Game Day Thread

not sure if there are more serious injuries this year Puss, would like to see some stats

there have been more concussion cases and is this simply a symptom of the NRL having a tougher stance on it?

And some injuries like Keary for example were not a result of a collision

On the rule changes, i think it has shifted the tactical thinking and game management of teams, yet to be convinced its moved the dial on injuries

1 Like

I know that there has been reports that he want to go back home to Queensland, but can we convince Capewell to stay?

He was hanging off Cleary and ready to strike. I was watching the game with family at home last night and we asked each other what the next scoring play was going to beā€¦ watching Capewell and Cleary I made the prediction ā€œCapewell off Clearyā€ which turned out to be spot on.

Toā€™o was super impressive as was Momirovski. Kikau probably has his best game of the season and Luai just gets better and better.

Crichton was a bit wobbly in Fullback, and I would probably switch him for Staines, but I donā€™t think anybody really had a bad game. As said already the guys barely broke out of second gear. Felt like watching a first grade team play a NSW Cup side.

The Raiders will pose more of a challenge. with 100% capacity back at games, lets hope for a packed house at home.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got a wedding on Friday, and sadly wont be at the game. However i think the warriors found a chink in the raiders armor. The Raiders have a HUGE forward pack. Nathanā€™s kicking game will need to be spot on, so we can continually turn their big boppers around. I know they had some injuries, but i think those players will get fatigued late in the game especially when put under consistent pressure.

There were a couple of questions marks over losing Tamou, Tetevano and Mansour. This will be the biggest test of that.

Will be watching the game from my phone!

3 Likes

Cā€™mon Panther fans (Iā€™ve had a few cans as i type this on hols :crazy_face:) but you need to view all of the positives from that redundant game. I have tipped MANLY for 15thā€¦(spoon) with their (my) nemesis to run last.

That game for us, was more educational for Ivan than any other comment iā€™ve seen here with the exception of:
Well done to Leota for great hard work and a meat pie
A highlight was the Yeo to Fish to Moses try - who needs those flashy playmakers anyway

This and the fact Crichton took almost half the game to get into a groove was the ABSOLUTE standout for mine. Yes, Staines proved his worth late at fullback, but jagging a par on your first hole doesnā€™t mean you will go round in 72ā€¦

I personally am loving the way Ivan is handling this talent at present, the fact we used our physical prowess early to run the shit out of the hapless speaks volumes, save your body and use your energy to beat emā€¦LOVE THAT !!!

Edit - Gotta say, stunned at the MOTM stats, I had Penrith win/13+/Kikau x 2 tries @$7.50 and still didnā€™t give Kikau a voteā€¦Moses and JFH were standouts, my 3rd vote went to Liam Martin, his game time was almost as valuable as Moses at the start of the game.

1 Like