[2022] Grand Final v Eels MOTM

Vote for your Grand Final v Eels Man of the Match

Penrith Panthers 28 Tries Brian To’o (2), Stephen Crichton, Scott Sorensen, Charlie Staines.
Goals Nathan Cleary (4/6)
Parramatta Eels 12 Tries Clinton Gutherson, Jake Arthur.
Goals Mitchell Moses (2/2)
  • Dylan Edwards
  • Charlie Staines
  • Izack Tago
  • Stephen Crichton
  • Brian To’o
  • Jerome Luai
  • Nathan Cleary
  • Moses Leota
  • Mitch Kenny
  • James Fisher-Harris
  • Viliame Kikau
  • Liam Martin
  • Isaah Yeo
  • Apisai Koroisau
  • Scott Sorensen
  • Spencer Leniu
  • Jaeman Salmon

0 voters

Can we just vote for them all, including IC??

4 Likes

Absolutely. Not a bad player amongst them. They have again defined what a champion team is - no grubs, no freeloaders, no lairs, with the totality greater than the sum of the parts.

4 Likes

agreed, too hard to pick a standout as they were just sublime as a team last night.

4 Likes

Easy for me
Moses Leota, JFH and Spencer Leniu

The only reason Mitch Kenny got excluded was because of his last 10 minutes, he was definitely top 3 with first 15.

Not alot of commentary around Moses Leota’s effort when Dyl made that tackle…who was flying along side of him just in case he missed. :muscle:

2 Likes

Ok, had a day to recover. They said Parramatta would have to have the game of their lives and hope Penrith are off their game.

I guess they we not expecting Penrith to have the game of their lives. The first half would probably be one of the most perfect halves of football I had ever seen. It was clinical and error free and Penrith just chocked the opposition of possession and field position.

I don’t think a single player had an ‘average’ game. They all aimed up and made their mark.

I am happy for Charlie Staines. Kid has a hard season, trying to break back into first grade, as well as some of the abuse and criticism he got from ‘fans’. He really delivered on Sunday, and made some crucial plays, as well as taking on a grand final try. What lays ahead for him in 2023 and beyond, I’m glad he has a premiership and a place in Panther history to show for it.

I’ll probably have more to say about the grand final, but thought I needed to say this for now.

3 Likes

You could tell what it meant to him too Steve, have you ever seen a happier winger lol

2 Likes

We were really quiet lucky that we had a backup with the quality and relative experience of Staines ready to slip straight in.

He has definitely worked super hard on his game, and if it wasn’t for Taylan and Tago’s somehow instinctive combination he probably stays in first grade.

2 Likes

Agreed. As I’ve commented before, the commitment and energy of Charlie Staines this year is a huge change on last year. I think that those 4 tries in the Cronulla game might have been a negative. There was too much hype after that; too much for a young bloke to manage.

3 Likes