[2022] PF Panthers v Rabbitohs - Game Day Thread

1 Like

We didn’t get the rub of the green for 35 mins, but somehow go in level.

GAME ON!!!

1 Like

Referee, Bunker, give me a rest.

1 Like

But to be fair they only disallowed one legitimate try in the second half.

2 Likes

What a great game!

Dylan MOTM for mine.

We ground them into the dirt, and overcome the adversity of a biased bunker.

Comprehensive in the end. Great team performance.

1 Like

There is a lot to like about that game and result

Congrats to the boys , a well deserved win and go into the Pantheon of Panther Greats now with 3 consecutive GF appearances but for them will mean very little unless they claim the big prize.

its pleasing to see the 2 form teams make the GF and i am happy we are playing the Eels in the decider.

Not much about them we don’t know.

Enjoy the wild ride of this week boys, keep you eye on the main prize.

Hard to talk about any one player in isolation but Lenui, Kikau and Tago were enormous last night but that is not distracting from anyone in the team.

Cannot wait for next week.

2 Likes

SBF what about Edwards he was outstanding…but agree it’s hard to pick anyone player…hope Spencer is ok for next week he made a real impact off the bench…

2 Likes

i agree Lego but as we agree its too difficult to highlight one player over another but i though the effort plays by Tago and Kikau were exceptional and Lenui really impressed with his venom in running and defence.

signals to other teams, look out!!!

reminds me a little of MG how other teams feared him but MG did have some sublime skill to go with his fear factor…hopefully Lenui is aiming to build his game like his.

And agree with you on Edwards, best FB in the game by a mile and i wouldn’t swap him for anyone

3 Likes

We didn’t have a bad player last night.

I think Staines might have silenced some of his critics. Apart from being out of position for the Kennar try, he didn’t do anything wrong, and showed his value as a speedster for the try that was ludicrously called back for obstruction.

Salmon only played 8 minutes after the game was beyond doubt, but did what was required.

Every other player was exceptional. They weathered the storm for the first 35 minutes when everything seemed to go against us. Then did everything required to get on top & run away with the game.

To’o’s effort on halftime was the play of the game, running 70m and bamboozling 4 defenders, to bring us level, when by rights we shouldn’t have been at that stage. That was probably enough to sow seeds of doubt in the Souths minds going into the break, and they never recovered from it.

1 Like

Kikau & Staines charged. Both receive monetary penalties only and are free to play next week.

1 Like

What was Staines charged for? Must of missed that in the excitement at the ground.

I could be going out on a limb here, but I think we should keep the Staines / To’o wing combination in the GF. Our structure just looked so much better with To’o on the Left wing, and I thought Staines had more impact at on the right than To’o has had. Bad luck for Tiny of course, but I’d rather play to our team strength.

Taylan apparently is still a chance of playing, although i seriously doubt it. To’o and Edwards both nearly ran for 300 metres. incredible effort.

Staines was charged with a shoulder charge, not long before the Tago try (was put on report after try was awarded).

1 Like

My concerns about the officials proved correct, particularly the bunker, & for a while there it just looked like it wasn’t going to be our night!

Our ‘Panthers Bay’ turned out to be a mixture of Panthers fans (loud & proud) and some of the most pathetic Souths supporters you can imagine. I guess us beating them every time it counts has completed their transition to a completely miserable existence. They are all channeling the angriest man in Rugby League - Sad Sack Cody Walker.

The boys all played brilliantly and in the end completely demoralised the rabbits. I said at the time, Bizza’s try right on halftime broke their hearts.

Moses’ early hit on Mitchell made him turn it up from right there & he was a passenger for the match, but I’m sure Johns would have given him MOM.

Glad we don’t have any suspensions & hope that Spencer is OK for next week.

Enjoy the week and let’s hope for a win next Sunday!!!

Proud to be a Panther!!!

:mega: Panther Pride Man of the Match voting is now open here.

Injury update:

Mutley has a strained hamstring. Nothing bar hospitalisation or death will keep him from the game next week.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just watched the video of Milne’s hit on Leniu. Mitchell tried to put the icing on the cake with a hit on Leniu while he was down but just missed. Talented maybe, grub certainly.

1 Like

Jersey Flegg Grand Final:

Half time:

Penrith 6
Newcastle 6

As the score suggests it has been an even contest to date. Both teams have had opportunities to score more, but desperate defence and a bit of luck (or lack thereof) has prevented further scoring.

Jersey Flegg Grand Final:

Full time:

Penrith 18
Newcastle 18

Newcastle scored early for a 12-6 lead, then extended their lead to 18-6 with about 15 minutes left.

Newcastle squandered chances to extend their lead, and Penrith missed a few opportunities to reel the game back

Mavrik Geyer scored with 5 minutes left to give the Panthers a sniff, before Sam Lane scored with less than a minute left to level the scores.

Extra time to come.