[2023] R20 Dolphins v Panthers - Game Day Thread

thanks Mr W
on his ( Edwards) kicking efforts Cogger shouldn’t be allowed to take a kick again.

3 Likes

3 Likes

That was a very good win in a game that was there to be lost.
Looking at the remaining rounds I think we now have one hand on the minor premiership trophy (Sportsbet seem to agree at $1.40).
Would be very interesting if we had it tied up before the last round where we play the Cowboys and rested our first team as we did last year. In this scenario, if Cowboys won it would be the 3-peat for them against us.
Of course in all three games we were understrength; now, if we were to meet in the finals the Cowboys wouldn’t be seeing many familiar faces.

2 Likes

I think this will come down to how the Broncos and Storm are tracking as I feel they are the only teams that could snatch the Minor Premiership at this stage.

Storm tends to start to put in their best performances at the end of the year timing perfectly with the finals, and the Broncos tend to have their infamous late season fade.

I guess it come down to if they follow the trend (or buck it in the Broncos case - no puns intended).

That all being said, we are in the drivers seat to deliver our third Minor Premiership in 4 years.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t rule out the Warriors challenging for the minor premiership. They have been playing some good footy, and have a fairly good run in.

Regardless, I wouldn’t be surprised if IC started giving players a week off to freshen up. Maybe 2-3 each week.

1 Like