[2023] R27 Panthers v Cowboys - Game Day Thread

Gotta admit, I was talking to a mate earlier today and thought Coggs was too #7-like to partner Cleary. I was wrong, he looked great.

Also impressed with Sommerton.

And if Peach has to be in the side, then tonight was in the right spot.

Good to see Tago back, he was missed in the centres and looked solid.

4 Likes

First big thank you must go to the Panther supporters who once again filled the stadium.

Now about the game, Cowboys were a disgrace and sadly presented no challenge to the Panthers however in the first 40 we were clinical and swiftly went back to processes and we look very very good.

The 2nd half was a little less inspiring and IC will be disappointed at letting them score 12 but considering they ran 3rd last year, Cowboys supporters should feel disappointed by such a terrible effort against admittedly what is a great team.

Cogger was good last night but they didn’t run much at him but you can only play as good as the other mob let you and he was solid.

Luke may find it difficult to break back into this squad with Summerton showing some class and dare i say it even Peachy looked ok when he came on although would be nice if he could learn to pass!!!

It was nice to see the team gel in a few areas and some like Tago get some metres in their legs.

Fab to see the team win the Minor Premiership considering the year we have had with injuries, SOO duty, suspensions and some plain bad luck.

We now face the Warriors at home next Saturday.

Enjoy the win boys, you deserve the accolades and fitting to achieve all this on “old boys” night at the game.

3 Likes

Probably could have fielded 4 or 5 teams from the amount of old boys present last night. It’s awesome to see that post retirement, that they’re still connecting with the club. It was an awesome positive atmosphere last night. No matter what happens from here, god damn we’ve got an amazing team to follow!

5 Likes

Interesting fact. The only team playing finals who have beaten the Panthers this season is the Broncos. And that was by one point in the first round.

2 Likes

Playing 4pm Saturday next week. Probably my preferred time.

1 Like

Penrith Stadium will be packed.

2 Likes