[2023] R5 Raiders v Panthers - Game Day Thread

R5 Canberra Raiders v Penrith Panthers|100%

Game Day Information

:rugby_football: Match Canberra Raiders v Penrith Panthers
:stadium: Venue GIO Stadium, Canberra ACT
:clock10: Time Friday 31st March 2022 6:00pm
:tickets: Tickets Tickets via Ticketek
:rugby_football: Other Matches NSWCUP Penrith Panthers v Canberra Raiders 1/4 1:00pm1
JFLEGG Penrith Panthers v Canberra Raiders 1/4 11:00am1
SGBALL Penrith Panthers v Canterbury Bulldogs 1/4 1:00pm2
HMATTS Penrith Panthers v Canterbury Bulldogs 1/4 11:30am2
TGCUP North Sydney Bears v Penrith Panthers 2/4 5:00pm3
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :cloud: Mostly Cloudy 18°C (:cloud_with_rain: Chance of Rain: <1% / :wind_face: Wind: NW 18km/h)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]

1. NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg matches to be played at Bluebet Stadium, Penrith NSW
2. SG Ball Cup & Harold Matthews Cup matches to be played at HE Laybutt Field, Blacktown NSW
3. Tarsha Gale Cup match to be played at Hill Grammar, Kenthurst NSW

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 53 Tries Sunia Turuva (2), Izack Tago (2) Nathan Cleary, Zac Hosking, Tyrone Peachey, Stephen Crichton, Jaeman Salmon.
Goals Nathan Cleary (9/10) FG Nathan Cleary (1)
Canberra Raiders 12 Tries Elliott Whitehead, Hudson Young.
Goals Jamal Fogarty (2/2)

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT

PRESS CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS

MATCH GALLERY

FULL MATCH REPLAY

PANTHER PRIDE MOTM VOTING

Team

Telstra Premiership Knock on Effect NSW Cup Jersey Flegg Cup
:rugby_football: Raiders v Panthers :rugby_football: Panthers v Raiders :rugby_football: Panthers v Raiders
:clock3: Friday 31/4 6:00pm :clock3: Saturday 1/4 11:00pm :clock3: Saturday 1/4 1:00pm
:stadium: GIO Stadium :stadium: Bluebet Stadium :stadium: Bluebet Stadium
TEAM
1. Dylan Edwards 1. Isaiah Iongi 1. Tim Sielaff-Burns
2. Sunia Turuva 2. Tom Jenkins 2. Luke Philp
3. Izack Tago 3. Matt Stimson 3. Angelis Hotere-Papalii
4. Stephen Crichton 4. Jack Cole 4. Sam Lane
5. Brian To’o 5. Jesse Mclean 5. Cody Lawson
6. Jarome Luai 6. Kurt Falls 6. Kristian-Li Mai
7. Nathan Cleary © 7. Jack Cogger 7. Ryley Smith
8. Moses Leota 8. Liam Henry 8. Sunita Lotoaniu
9. Mitch Kenny 9. Luke Sommerton 9. Connor Mason
10. James Fisher-Harris 10. Eddie Blacker 10. John Sagaga
11. Scott Sorensen 11. Mavrik Geyer 11. Riley Wake
12. Zac Hosking 12. Chris Smith 12. Aston Warwick
13. Isaah Yeo © 13. Matt Eisenhuth 13. Zac Lipowicz
INTERCHANGE
14. Tyrone Peachey 14. Trent Toelau 14. Fletcher Haycock
15. Lindsay Smith 15. John Faiumu 15. Adam Runchel
16. Spencer Leniu 16. Ativalu Lisati 16. Peter Taateo
17. Jaeman Salmon 17. Harrison Hassett 17. Ilai Tuia
RESERVES
18. Matt Eisenhuth 18. Daeon Amituanai 19. Lleyton Finau
19. Jack Cogger 20. Addison Williams
20. Chris Smith
21. Kurt Falls
22. Tom Jenkins
COACH
HC Ivan Cleary HC Ben Harden HC Jono Rolfe
AC Peter Wallace
AC Ben Garnier

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership K.O.E NSW Cup Jersey Flegg Cup
Referee Adam Gee TBA TBA
Sideline Official Belinda Sharpe TBA TBA
Jon Stone TBA TBA
Video Referee Ben Cummins - -

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2023 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Adam Gee 2011 (0/0) -% (15/25) 60.00% 115.5 107.5 1.07

:mega: Teamlists and Match Officials have been updated

TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP TEAMLIST

KNOCK ON EFFECT NSW CUP TEAMLIST

JERSEY FLEGG CUP TEAMLIST

This is a game you would expect us to win. I just want to see our team to get their attacking mojo back.

Our defence is solid and has been intact, its just our attack which needs to be improved.

They will not be easy to get over but is one you expect we should win, i just want to see us win handsomely

Panthers by 20 plus

A reasonable effort.

Not sure how Chricton gets 10 in the bin for getting up early, while Horsburgh doesn’t for wrapping his legs around Edwards head. I think the officials need to look at how some of these things get penalised.

2 Likes

it was a penalty but what about the Raiders players running in to cause a stir?
I want to see a vast improvement in our effort and execution because we look at odds

1 Like

Wasn’t expecting a score like that!!! It looks like our attack is starting to find its rhythm & our new combinations are sorting themselves out.

Great effort by our forwards after losing JFH early. Especially impressed with Smith & Hosking.

For me, the best moment was Salmon bringing up our half century to rub salt into the wound after Ricky’s comments last year. Might have to watch his presser to see what he has to say this time.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

was better and last week i said we can play better and Eels couldn’t which was borne out by the results.

albeit we were still very clunky but the “mojo” started to come back which is what i was hoping to see above anything else.

Raiders should spend the next 20 rounds planning their end of season trip as they are plain out and out awful…

Great win and hope JFH is ok.

Scary thing is lots of improvement and agree with Smith and Hosking…super efforts.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 53 Tries Sunia Turuva (2), Izack Tago (2) Nathan Cleary, Zac Hosking, Tyrone Peachey, Stephen Crichton, Jaeman Salmon.
Goals Nathan Cleary (9/10) FG Nathan Cleary (1)
Canberra Raiders 12 Tries Elliott Whitehead, Hudson Young.
Goals Jamal Fogarty (2/2)

TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP MATCH REPORT

:mega: PantherPride Man of the Match voting is now open here.

You should replay the Salmon try and watch what he yells out after getting back up from the ground… “Weak Gutted Dog”.

Eat Shit Ricky.

3 Likes

1 Like

I get the point about Stuart and what he said but why aren’t you all focussing on what we did last night and for some what we didnt do?

IC addressed the Salmon try by saying Karma, isn’t it great (or words to that affect)

I am more focussed on us and despite the scoreline we shouldn’t turn away from our issues.

Luai for me doesn’t look comfortable in attack, oddly his defence and defensive reads are great but its attack which has me concerned.

Point to note was last night when Raiders made the break and Tago took off and in the end made the tackle which saved the try, Luai was simply standing and was an onlooker.

Its not to isolate Luai as the only observer or person who missed their assignment last night. Even the solid Edwards made many mistakes along with others who had missed efforts and assignments

Not to take anything away from a great win and maybe Canberra played us back into form, but IMO to focus on Stuart does not add anything to the discussion.

and ST, the comment from you about Ricky is below your usual well constructed posts.

I am no RS fan but believe this is a Panthers forum and we should focus on us, not them!

Some moments are bitter-sweet. Sweet for us, bitter for Stuart.

1 Like

I think we’re within our rights to hit back at a coach that has been riding the coat tails of a roosters team from 20 years ago.

The attack will take time. It’s been brought up on other platforms but i’m not sure mentally and physically the side could stay up for another year - through the entire season.
I think (hopefully) Ivan is trying to time our run. We were never going to get everything right for round 1 after such a short pre season. The key thing though - our defence - still appears to be the best in the league. If that remains throughout the year we might just pull of a three peat in October.

2 Likes

We have been conceding an average of around 2 tries per game for the last 3 seasons. So far this season we have conceded 2 tries in each game, regardless of the result. It appears to be business as usual for our defence.

Last night we showed what we are capable of in attack, despite a number of errors.

We are going to be there at the business end of the season again, and giving ourselves a good chance for the threepeat.

1 Like