[2023] R6 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread

R6 Penrith Panthers v Manly Sea Eagles

Game Day Information

:rugby_football: Match Penrith Panthers v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
:stadium: Venue Bluebet Stadium, Penrith NSW
:clock10: Time Saturday 8th April 2022 5:30pm
:tickets: Tickets Tickets via Ticketek
:rugby_football: Other Matches NSWCUP Penrith Panthers v Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles 8/4 3:00pm
JFLEGG Penrith Panthers v Manly Sea Eagles 8/4 1:35pm
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :sun_behind_small_cloud: Partly Cloudy 23°C (:cloud_with_rain: Chance of Rain: 2% / :wind_face: Wind: W 14km/h)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 44 Tries Dylan Edwards (4), Brian To’o, Scott Sorensen, Nathan Cleary.
Goals Nathan Cleary (8/8)
Manly Sea Eagles 12 Tries Jason Saab, Tom Trbojevic.
Goals Daly Cherry-Evans (2/2)

:rugby_football: Knock On Effect NSW Cup | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 24 Tries Luke Sommerton (2), Liam Henry, Tom Jenkins.
Goals Kurt Falls (4/4)
Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles 26 Tries Brad Abbey, Clayton Faulalo, Joshua Stuckey, Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega, Zac Fulton, Toafofoa Sipley.
Goals Clayton Faulalo (1/6)

:rugby_football: Jersey Flegg Cup | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 30 Tries Luke Philp, Daeon Amituanai, Samuel Lane, Connor Mason, Cody Lawson, Peter Taateo.
Goals Luke Philp (2/5), Ryley Smith (1/1)
Manly Sea Eagles 16 Tries Jamie Humphreys, Harradyn Wilson, James Uesele.
Goals Jamie Humphreys (2/3)

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT

PRESS CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS

OAK PLUS PHOTO GALLERY

FULL MATCH REPLAY

https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/full-match-replay-panthers-v-sea-eagles---round-6-2023/

PLAYER STATS

PANTHER PRIDE MOTM VOTING

Team

Telstra Premiership Knock on Effect NSW Cup Jersey Flegg Cup
:rugby_football: Panthers v Sea Eagles :rugby_football: Panthers v Sea Eagles :rugby_football: Panthers v Sea Eagles
:clock3: Saturday 8/4 5:30pm :clock3: Saturday 8/4 3:00pm :clock3: Saturday 8/4 1:35pm
:stadium: Bluebet Stadium :stadium: Bluebet Stadium :stadium: Bluebet Stadium
TEAM
1. Dylan Edwards 1. Isaiah Iongi 1. Liam Ison
2. Sunia Turuva 2. Tom Jenkins :small_red_triangle: 2. Luke Philp
3. Izack Tago 3. Matt Stimson 3. Daeon Amituanai
4. Stephen Crichton 4. Jack Cole 4. Sam Lane
5. Brian To’o 5. Jesse Mclean 5. Cody Lawson
6. Jarome Luai 6. Kurt Falls :small_red_triangle: 6. Kristian-Li Mai
7. Nathan Cleary © 7. Jack Cogger :small_red_triangle: 7. Ryley Smith
8. Moses Leota 8. Liam Henry 8. Adam Runchel
9. Mitch Kenny 9. Luke Sommerton 9. Connor Mason
10. Matt Eisenhuth 10. Eddie Blacker :small_red_triangle: 10. John Sagaga
11. Scott Sorensen 11. Mavrik Geyer 11. Harrison Hassett
12. Zac Hosking 12. Chris Smith 12. Aston Warwick
13. Isaah Yeo © 13. John Faiumu 13. Zac Lipowicz
INTERCHANGE
14. Soni Luke 14. Trent Toelau 14. Billy Scott
15. Lindsay Smith 15. Sunita Lotoaniu 15. Peter Taateo
16. Spencer Leniu 16. Ativalu Lisati 16. Riley Wake
17. Jaeman Salmon 17. Joe Vaegaau 17. Angelis Hotere-Papalii
RESERVES
18. Tyrone Peachey 18. Daeon Amituanai 18. Luron Patea
19. Jack Cogger :small_red_triangle_down: 19. Fletcher Haycock
20. Eddie Blacker :small_red_triangle_down: 20. Lleyton Finau
21. Kurt Falls :small_red_triangle_down:
22. Tom Jenkins :small_red_triangle_down:
COACH
HC Ivan Cleary HC Ben Harden HC Jono Rolfe
AC Peter Wallace
AC Ben Garnier

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership K.O.E NSW Cup Jersey Flegg Cup
Referee Todd Smith Jake Sutherland Karra-Lee Nolan
Sideline Official Jon Stone Daniel Luttringer Daniel Luttringer
Matt Noyen Mitchell Stone Mitchell Stone
Video Referee Ashley Klein - -

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2023 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Todd Smith 2022 (0/0) -% (1/3) 33.33% 16 24 0.67

:mega: Team Lists and Match Officials have been updated

TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP TEAMLIST

KNOCK ON EFFECT NSW CUP TEAMLIST

JERSEY FLEGG CUP TEAMLIST

So the Fish injury is worse than first thought?? or is this ‘preventative maintenance’ leaving him out?

While I don’t think there is any such thing as an “easy game” these days, the fact that we have had a longer turnaround, and Manly have had back to back golden point games, last weeks being in the middle of the day, I think we should have a clear advantage in the back end of this game. Manly looked completely gassed at the end of that game.

JFH is a loss for us, but going by the way our middle forwards stepped up after he was injured last week, I think we should be able to manage while he recovers.

From what I heard @Kevin, it was a MCL sprain, it was a matter of severity. The fact they had him on the bench with a possibility of playing late in the Raiders game, the trainers and team physio would seem to think that it would be less on the severe side.

The NRL PHYSIO had given an estimate of 1-4 weeks on the sideline, and while the club has not confirmed anything yet (they usually release a injury update later in the week), I feel it’s probably 1-2 weeks.

UPDATE

The Masked Panthers at the Western Weekender has reported that JFH is looking closer to 4 weeks on the sidelines.

The article states…

2 Likes

First half was one of the best halves we have ever played. Second half was a bit lacklustre, but we could afford that with that big lead.

1 Like

:rugby_football: Knock On Effect NSW Cup | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 24 Tries Luke Sommerton (2), Liam Henry, Tom Jenkins.
Goals Kurt Falls (4/4)
Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles 26 Tries Brad Abbey, Clayton Faulalo, Joshua Stuckey, Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega, Zac Fulton, Toafofoa Sipley.
Goals Clayton Faulalo (1/6)

KNOCK ON EFFECT NSW CUP REPORT

:rugby_football: Jersey Flegg Cup | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 30 Tries Luke Philp, Daeon Amituanai, Samuel Lane, Connor Mason, Cody Lawson, Peter Taateo.
Goals Luke Philp (2/5), Ryley Smith (1/1)
Manly Sea Eagles 16 Tries Jamie Humphreys, Harradyn Wilson, James Uesele.
Goals Jamie Humphreys (2/3)

JERSEY FLEGG MATCH REPORT

:mega: Panther Pride Man of the Match voting is now open here.

A great win, however from being at the ground, wasn’t the best game to watch.

Nether the less, we dominated Manly from the get go, lead by every dominate hit up that Leota took.

Who would of thought our right edge would dominate a team so much, and of course accolades go to Edwards for his 4 tries (not to mention his run metres, defense and organisation which he brings week in week out).

Yeo, Cleary, To’o, Tago I could go go on and name the entire team - almost.

Would be easier to name a weaker performer than just pick 3 standouts, and while I hate to do it, there’s something just not right with Luai. I don’t know if it’s form, or not adapting to new structures, but he just doesn’t seem right.

The first half I could hardly see the game, such was the big crowd and my own stupid fault to arrive 10 minutes prior to kickoff. Pity we are unlikely to get a new or improved stadium for many years.

The second half was a snooze fest, we obviously had the game won and clocked off.

The good news out of this game is that in 2 weeks we have once again showed we have many facets to our attack.

Last night reminded me of the grand final v Parra in many ways.

Special kudos to our bench, and as well as Hosking and Eisenhuth. Our clubs depth and next man up culture shows no sign of ending.

1 Like

On the stadium, the Northern Family Hill footpath is a nightmare to get through… it’s too narrow and people tend to want to sit there right in the pathway, if you arrive not long before kickoff, you are looking at a 10-12 minute ‘shuffle’ from the Northern Gate to the Western Grandstand/Terrace.

I would propose that if they are only looking at upgrading the current facilities at the existing ground only to remedy the northern pass (and the southern pass while you are at it.) Possibly moving the path to behind the hill and making the path much wider then having stairs going down the middle into the northern hill area.

3 Likes

I’m not quite sure what to make of Luai this year. Sometimes I feel he’s trying to overplay his hand. Other times his passes don’t seem quite right, as we saw a few times last night, although that could also be down to Turuva being a step ahead of where he should be. Maybe it’s partly because the new combination hasn’t settled & gelled properly yet. Hopefully it will sort itself out over the course of the season.

It was a nightmare trying to get from the Southern gate to Eastern Grandstand last night too. A packed southern hill, combined with long food & beverage queues turned what should have been a 2-3 minute walk into about 10-15, meaning I missed the first minute or so. Having a walkway behind the service area, as @SteveTidball has suggested, would be a great improvement to traffic flow on game days.

1 Like

The model I do like is that of GIO Stadium in Canberra. They have a long wide pathway in the form of a ring that goes right around the stadium. It allows for maximum traffic flow and I don’t thinkI have ever had problems getting around there.

They even have a larger ring around the outside that feeds into the inner ring. Traffic flow was very much taken into consideration when it was built.

Granted Penrith Football Stadium does not have that kind of space to work with, but I do believe a ring can be formed with the existing Western and Eastern Concourses and making wide connecting paths that go around the hills rather than through them.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes