2023 State of Origin Game 1 - Game Day Thread

1 Like

The only thing I disagree with in that story is Turbo being safe - I wouldn’t have that broken down nag anywhere but the glue factory.

If I put my Penrith selfishness aside, and was coach/ selector of the blues, my game 2 and 3 team would be;

1. Edwards

2. To’o

3. Burton

4. Mitchell

5. Graham

6. Luai or Walker or Hynes*

7. Cleary

8. Hass (last chance to perform)

9. Api

10. Paulo

11. Martin

12. Frizel

13. Yeo (C)

14. Cooke (who may start for Api)

15. Murray

16. Spencer

17. An honest hard working forward (I’d pick Jake T or Matterson if fit)

• a reason against Hynes at 5/8 with Cleary is that Haynes naturally plays on the right, same as Cleary. Personally I would leave Jerome there, although Walker would be a good option.

Time for Teddy to retire, and bring on the attacking options in Burton and Mitchell into the centres. Put Campbell Graham outside of Mitchel on the wing.

1 Like

before the Cleary injury i would have dropped Tedesco and moved Latrell to FB

Burton in for Turbo

the forwards are a real issue but maybe its Fittlers tactics because they are some big boppers but not a single one of them were running onto a ball, all for the main were from a standing start.

Now with Cleary out raises heaps of questions and despite him having a terrible debut Hynes will likely be the 7

They won’t drop Tedesco and they may look to use Burton at 6 and drop Luai?

Burton needs to be in the run on squad to give variation in our kicking game because the Fittler “bombing” is just not working

I doubt Fittler will make any major changes and will go down with the ship…only changes i expect is Mitchell in for Crichton, Hynes in for Cleary and 50/50 on moving Burton for Luai

Not that i think he deserves to be dropped and or Crichton but wish the Panthers players would withdraw as its a TV contrived model and hurts our club

1 Like