[2024] PF Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread

PF Panthers v Sharks

Game Day Information

:rugby_football: Match Penrith Panthers v Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
:stadium: Venue Accor Stadium, Homebush NSW
:clock10: Time Saturday, September 28th 7:50pm
:tickets: Tickets Tickets via Ticketek
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :sun_behind_small_cloud: Partly Cloudy 16°C (:cloud_with_rain: Chance of Rain: 17% / :wind_face: Wind: E 16km/h)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Channel 9 (FTA) [LIVE]
:tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership Preliminary Final | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 26 Tries
Goals
Paul Alamoti (2), Brian To'o, Liam Martin.
Nathan Cleary (4/5), Paul Alamoti (1/1)
Cronulla Sharks 6 Tries
Goals
Sione Katoa.
Nicholas Hynes (1/2)

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT

PRESS CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS

FULL MATCH REPLAY

PANTHER PRIDE MOTM VOTING

Team & Officials

Penrith Panthers Cronulla Sharks
TEAM
Dylan Edwards 1 FB 1 William Kennedy
Sunia Turuva 2 WG 2 Sione Katoa
Izack Tago 3 CE 4 Kayal Iro :small_orange_diamond:
Paul Alamoti 4 CE 14 Siosifa Talakai :small_orange_diamond:
Brian To’O 5 WG 5 Ronaldo Mulitalo
Jarome Luai 6 FE 6 Braydon Trindall
© Nathan Cleary 7 HB 7 Nicholas Hynes
Moses Leota 8 FW 8 Toby Rudolf
Mitch Kenny 9 HK 9 Blayke Brailey
James Fisher-Harris 10 FW 10 Oregon Kaufusi
Luke Garner 11 SR 11 Briton Nikora
Liam Martin 12 SR 12 Teig Wilton
© Isaah Yeo 13 LK 13 Cameron Mcinnes ©
INTERCHANGE
Brad Schneider 14 IN 15 Jack Williamsi
Lindsay Smith 15 IN 16 Royce Hunt
Liam Henry 16 IN 17 Thomas Hazelton
Matt Eisenhuth 17 IN 18 Daniel Atkinson :small_red_triangle:
RESERVES
Casey Mclean 18 RS 20 Mawene Hiroti
Trent Toelau 19 RS 21 Jayden Berrell
:small_red_triangle_down: Scott Sorensen 20 RS 3 Jesse Ramien :small_red_triangle_down:
:small_red_triangle_down: Daine Laurie 21 RS 19 Braden Hamlin-Uele :small_red_triangle_down:
:small_red_triangle_down: Luke Sommerton 22 RS 22 Samuel Stonestreet :small_red_triangle_down:
COACH
Ivan Cleary HC Craig Fitzgibbon
Peter Wallace AC Josh Hannay
Ben Gardiner AC Daniel Holdsworth
AC Steve Price

:small_red_triangle::small_red_triangle_down: Promoted/Relegated | :small_orange_diamond: Positional Change

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership
Referee Ashley Klein
Sideline Official Matt Noylen
Chris Sutton
Video Referee Chris Butler

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2024 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Ashley Klein 2009 (2/3) 67% (22/49) 44.89% 208.5 207 1.00

Got our tickets - Cat 1 Western side Section 132.

I was logged on for the 10am start & had the tickets in around 5 mins. At that stage it showed limited availability for ‘Panthers Supporters Bay’ ???

C’mon boys!!! :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

I got on at 10.05, only single seats left in Panthers Supporters Bays. Luckily I only wanted a single seat. Bay 105, row 18. Down side is it looks like I’ll be working during the day (boss overseas due to family emergency), so I might be struggling to stay awake!!!

EDIT: Area manager trying to get someone to cover Saturday for me. Good thing that:

1. she likes the work I do

2. her husband & son are Panthers supporters

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Looks like we will be over in the Western Stands at Bay 129.

For those buying tickets in the membership purchase window you will need you AAN (Advantage Access Number) to access the purchase section on the Ticketek website.

Unlike previous years, the code is different to the AAN you had last year.

To find your AAN go to this link and provide your Last Name, Member Number and Club then follow the prompts to retrieve your AAN.

https://aan-redemption.nrl.com/

I just hope the team doesn’t go into the game thinking it is already won. We have seen what happens when they do this with some of the lowly teams.

2 Likes

Conversely, I do hope the Sharks think the performance they put on last week will be enough to put Penrith away. The Cowboys were woeful and threw the game away early on, in a season of ups and downs for the Cowboys, they left their worst performance for their last.

If the Shark come into the game with that energy, Penrith will rack up a cricket score on the Sharks.

2 Likes

Also hoping for a big game on Friday. Not too concerned about who wins, as long as they take it out of each other during that game.

3 Likes

While I like the contribution that Sorensen has made to the team over recent years, it would be difficult to drop Garner from the starting side.

2 Likes

:mega: Team Lists and Match Officials have been updated.

TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP

Two milestones will be reached in this game:

Yeo will break Scarter’s record for most games for the club

Edwards will play his 150th first grade game for us.

Hopefully they will get to celebrate in style.

3 Likes

Unless the Sharks play some vastly superior footy to what they have dished up, if Panthers play anywhere close to 100%, they should put them away with ease.

I think the Sharks are lucky to be alive, as I thought the Cowboys threw the game away multiple times.

Sharks will know they have to lift. Question is do they have the extra gear? I’m not sure they have the patience and stamina to go the 80.

Of course, no reason to be complacent, it’s about the footy that is played on the night.

Thankfully they have the finals experience and a week off to prepare.

The script says Storm v Panthers and I’d be shocked if it’s different.

3 Likes

I think our biggest danger is the weather. Wet weather has been our biggest challenge in recent years, and there is a chance we will have some on Saturday night.

Either way, I think the Sharks need to show something we haven’t seen yet if they want to get past us.

2 Likes

:scream:

Better start putting the tarps over the roof now.

Rain certainly has been our Achilles heel

1 Like

Soon be time to start getting ready for the trip to Homebush :slight_smile: Seems like a regular things now - one I’ll never take as a surety, but surely one I cherish each time.

Weather looking a bit poor, but that’s how it is.

A bit nervous as always, but, if we play at least close to our best, we should get thru to play the $torm next week. I think it’s right that the two best teams play for the trophy, so fingers crossed.

There will be special cheers for Yeoy & DE for the milestone games & a great hope that the ride goes for one more week.

C’mon boys!!! :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

I don’t know what to think today. I’ve been waiting for the Sharks fans to start at me all week, and pretty much nothing. Just one old school mate who had a dig as the siren went on their game last week, then has gone silent since. Granted, a lot of them are more concerned with the Swans game today. Maybe it’s too much for them to take in for one day. Hopefully they stay quiet.

Go the Brisbane Lions

GO THE MIGHTY PANTHERS!!!

Updated NRL Teamlist: Preliminary Final

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has updated his squad for Saturday night’s match against the Sharks at Accor Stadium.

Isaah Yeo will become the most-capped Panthers player on Saturday night as he plays his 244th NRL game, surpassing club legend Steve Carter’s record.

Panthers fullback Dylan Edwards will celebrate his 150th NRL game.

The Panthers will wear the Alternate (Pasifika) Jersey.

Very controlled first half. We are definitely on top, If we turn it on, it could be a cricket score.