[2024] QF Panthers v Roosters - Game Day Thread

QF Panthers v Roosters

Game Day Information

:rugby_football: Match Penrith Panthers v Sydney Roosters
:stadium: Venue Bluebet Stadium, Penrith NSW
:clock10: Time Friday, September 13 7:50pm
:tickets: Tickets Tickets via Ticketek
:rugby_football: Other Matches NSWCUP SF Canberra Raiders v Penrith Panthers 15/9 1:00pm1
JFLEGG SF Penrith Panthers v Cronulla Sharks 15/9 3:00pm1
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :full_moon: Clear 12°C (:cloud_with_rain: Chance of Rain: 4% / :wind_face: Wind: E 6km/h)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Channel 9 (FTA) [LIVE]
:tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]

1. NSW Cup Semi Final and Jersey Flegg Semi Final to be played at Leichhardt Oval. Leichhardt NSW

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership Qualifying Final | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 30 Tries
Goals
Luke Garner (2), Brian To'o, Izack Tago, Jarome Luai.
Nathan Cleary (5/6)
Sydney Roosters 10 Tries
Goals
Joseph-Aukuso Sua'ali'i, James Tedesco.
Joseph-Aukuso Sua'ali'i (1/2)

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT

PRESS CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS

FULL MATCH REPLAY

PANTHER PRIDE MOTM VOTING

Team

Telstra Premiership QF Knock on Effect NSW Cup SF Jersey Flegg Cup SF
:rugby_football: Panthers v Roosters :rugby_football: Raiders v Panthers :rugby_football: Panthers v Sharks
:clock3: Friday 13/9 7:50pm :clock3: Sunday 15/9 1:00pm :clock3: Sunday 15/9 3:00pm
:stadium: Bluebet Stadium :stadium: Leichhardt Oval :stadium: Leichhardt Oval
TEAM
1. Dylan Edwards 1. Isaiah Iongi 1. Jaxen Edgar
2. Sunia Turuva 2. Asu Kepaoa 2. Jirah Liddiard
3. Izack Tago 3. Tyrone Peachey © 3. Angelis Hotere-Papalii
4. Paul Alamoti 4. Casey Mclean 4. Sam Lane
5. Brian To’o 5. Jesse Mclean 5. Nick Murphy
6. Jarome Luai 6. Daine Laurie 6. Jett Cleary
7. Nathan Cleary © 7. Soni Luke 7. Blake Moore
8. Moses Leota 8. Jordan Grant 8. Jakeb Vailalo
9. Mitch Kenny 9. Luke Sommerton 9. Zack Lamont
10. James Fisher-Harris 10. Austin Dias 10. Siotame Hansen
11. Scott Sorensen 11. Mavrik Geyer 11. Aston Warwick ©
12. Liam Martin 12. Zac Lipowicz 12. Riley Wake
13. Isaah Yeo © 13. Luron Patea 13. Billy Phillips
INTERCHANGE
15. Lindsay Smith 14. Billy Scott 14. Jenson Tuaoi
16. Liam Henry 15. Niko Apelu 15. Hokafonu Lemoto
17. Luke Garner 16. Preston Riki 16. Judah Galuvao
18. Matt Eisenhuth 17. Harrison Hassett 17. Lachlan Blackburn
RESERVE
19. Brad Schneider 18. John Fonua 18. Francis Manuleleua
20. Casey Mclean
14. Trent Toelau :small_red_triangle_down:
21. Daine Laurie :small_red_triangle_down:
22. Luke Sommerton :small_red_triangle_down:
COACH
HC Ivan Cleary HC Ben Harden HC Jono Rolfe
AC Peter Wallace
AC Ben Garnier

:small_red_triangle::small_red_triangle_down: Promoted/Relegated | :small_orange_diamond: Positional Change

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership K.O.E NSW Cup Jersey Flegg Cup
Referee Ashley Klein Damian Brady Cameron Turner
Sideline Official Liam Kennedy Nick Beashel Ben Teague
Chris Sutton Tom Stindl Ethan Klein
Video Referee Grant Atkins - -

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2024 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Ashley Klein 2009 (1/1) 50% (21/48) 43.75% 202.5 204 0.99

For those buying tickets today in the membership purchase window you will need you AAN (Advantage Access Number) to access the purchase section on the Ticketek website.

Unlike previous years, the code is different to the AAN you had last year.

To find your AAN go to this link and provide your Last Name, Member Number and Club then follow the prompts to retrieve your AAN.

https://aan-redemption.nrl.com/

Got close to my normal seat. A bit pricey though, more than double what I normally pay per game to sit in that area.

Yes we also got close to our normal seats (Bay 27), just 2 rows behind.

There seems to be much talk about the advantage of a home ground match. I can see that would apply in situations where the two sides are based far apart. But, from my understanding, each team’s supporters have equal opportunity to buy tickets, such as the 10 am Monday batch. So, when our opponents are another Sydney side, the tyranny of distance doesn’t apply and our normal crowd dominance wouldn’t occur. That is even more so when the Easts rich listers can more afford the expensive seating costs inflicted on us by the NRL, and there is no more accessible ground / parking than Penrith Park precinct.

1 Like

I wrote to the NRL about this issue either last year or the year before. The reply I got was along the lines of “we have to be fair to all supporters”. As I pointed out to them, they are not being fair to the more dedicated supporters, who have often spent years buying season tickets, by allowing people who never show up except for finals the same opportunity.

1 Like

From an albeit small sample size, 3 purchasers buying around 15 tickets for the game, it is clear that the system has changed from previously. All 3 buyers received seats in Diamond section (Bays 27 & 28) using the AAN code provided, including those with existing Diamond category seats getting seats within almost reaching difference of their regular season seats.
This is very different to the ‘generic’ code ‘system’ used in previous years (20/22/23) where everyone’s code was the same code, a code that could easily guessed by anyone.
Not quite the ’ buy you own seat’ that should be used, and is used at other venues, but much better and we are happy. Hopefully from 2026/27 when we return home, punters will be able to buy their ‘own’ seat for home finals :open_mouth:

Not sure the “rich listers” would be slumming it in regular stand seating at Penny Park mate. More likely to be seen at other ‘events’ with the leather elbow patch brigade at Bledisloe Cup or Royal Randwick.
If they are at Penrith on Friday night, they will be guests in corporate. Most of the RL fans around Bondi would more likely follow the warriors than the rorters! Some years ago when there were arguments about fan numbers etc, the roosters had more supporters west of Redfern than east of there, and a significant number were from Mt Druitt :joy:

1 Like

:mega: Team Lists and Match Officials have been updated.

TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP

KNOCK ON EFFECT NSW CUP

JERSEY FLEGG CUP

That looks like a premiership winning team right there - like the bench power too

2 Likes

The Roarters are a family and friends club….the only real fans they have are family and friends of the players.
We should make the most of home advantage….lets go Panthers.

2 Likes

Updated NRL Teamlist: Qualifying Final

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has updated his squad for Friday night’s match against Sydney Roosters at BlueBet Stadium.

The Panthers will wear the Alternate (Pasifika) Jersey.

We are going with an all forward bench, so obviously no worries about Nath or any other backs fitness.

I never did get around to writing my summary of last weeks game, but in the end it was almost a training run, imagine the instructions were “just win with no injuries, no suspensions”.

That’s also the game plan all through the finals.

A couple of notes: it goes without saying we need to start hard, fast and strong. Minimise the errors and don’t give Kline any reason to penalise us. It’s finals, so if offered a gift two points take it. Don’t wait till the last few minutes to kick a field goal.

Statistics and records mean nothing from here in. I’m confident the team knows it and knows what it takes,

Panthers by 13

3 Likes

Team update has Garner starting in place of Sorensen. Scneider comes onto the bench. Don’t know what happened to Sorensen - hammy still troubling him, maybe?

Nervous about this one. Fingers crossed.

What a game! Penrith switch the gearbox into top gear for the finals. A brief comeback from the roosters the. We turn on the panthers defense and smother any hope for them.

Garner was great, Cleary steered the ship well, but without a doubt Dylan was the standout MOTM. Teddy looked like a fool in comparison

Last week I was melancholy after the game, tonight was just a party.

More at the ground than the offical crowd tally. I reckon 23-24k - definitely the biggest I have ever experienced.

Fairwell ol girl, you served us well to the very end.

A week off to recover - one game away from our 5th grand final in a row!

4 Likes

:mega: Panther Pride Man of the Match voting is now open here.

It was hard not to get emotional after full time, after so many years at this ground. Back when I was a kid we were members, but I became a full paying adult in 2014. To be on this ride is just phenomenal. Really going to miss the den, but hopefully we can bring that energy to Accor, then commbank next year.

Bring it on!

6 Likes

I went into this game thinking we had limped into second place, and may be in trouble.

Tonight I’m thinking we’re a good chance of another Premiership. The boys really switched on when it mattered, and are looking hungry again.

4 Likes

Refereeing is still a worry; two guess agains and a penalty in the opening minutes of the second half gave the roosters a sniff which they didn’t deserve.

5 Likes