:rugby_football: Match Mens New South Wales Blues v Queensland Maroons
Womens New South Wales Sky Blues v Queensland Maroons
:stadium: Venue Mens Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne VIC
Womens Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville QLD
:clock10: Time Mens Wednesday 26th June 2024 8:05pm
Womens Thursday 27th May 2024 7:45pm
:tickets: Tickets Mens Tickets via Ticketek
Womens Tickets via Ticketmaster
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather Mens :sun_behind_rain_cloud: Chance Showers 11Ā°C (:cloud_with_rain: Chance of Rain: 31% / :wind_face: Wind: N 11km/h)
Womens :sun_behind_small_cloud: Mostly Sunny 17Ā°C (:cloud_with_rain: Chance of Rain: 52% / :wind_face: Wind: NE 15km/h)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Channel 9 (FTA) [LIVE]
:tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [DELAYED]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [DELAYED]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]

Pregame Media

MATCH PREVIEW (MEN)

+ Coming Soon

MATCH PREVIEW (WOMEN)

Could do the same meme for Edwards & Tedesco
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I still think we have picked the wrong squad and i donā€™t see NSW even getting close to QLD.

Just think they have way too much speed for us across the park and expect them to target Mitchell big time and test his fitness and sad to say it, his desire.

they tore us apart with speed in game 1 and i know we only had 12 men but they also didnā€™t have Walsh who adds even more potency to the attack.

NSW will need everything to go 100% in execution and luck to even be/remain in the contest.

I just hope our boys escape the game without injury, if that happens i will be happy.

SBF glad youā€™re not coaching!!

1 Like

A much improved lineup & a ā€˜must winā€™ attitude from the Blues saw a convincing win. A better team, a bit of mongrel & players that play for the team & not for themselves, made a big difference.

Whilst options were limited for game 1 with no Cleary or Moses available, surely now the red pen is put thru Hynes for good.
The weak link in the team remains with Trbojevic - again low minutes & no go forward. I know that ā€˜peopleā€™ love him, & he now has the captainā€™s incumbency, but he is a log, jogs up with no impact & tackles using the sandbag technique where he hangs off the attacker, using his own weight to drag him down, mostly ending up under the attacker, meaning he is the last to his feet. Can no-one else see this??

QLD will be better in game 3 & will come out all guns blazing. We will need our best possible team & play close to our best to win the series. Letā€™s get the team right to start with. I know the media thinks that L. Mitchell can beat QLD on his own, but thereā€™s a lot more to it.

Glad that our Panther boys look to have got thru mostly unscathed, and without suspension.

1 Like

I thought it was great i had an opinion about a game as opposed to having an opinion about a poster.

I would have gladly read your review, but thatā€™s rightā€¦crickets!

Well how to get a call wrong but i am still firm of my opinion Maguire picked the wrong squad and will see how game 3 unfolds.

On last night the takeaways, the Panthers past and present were all magnificent last night and all stood out heads and shoulders above all others.

Moses had the game of his life last night, i have never seen him play at that level ever and i suspect Brad Arthur is thinking where was that when he was coach.

Mitchell had a great game and as with Moses, i suspect Demetriou is choking on his Kalamat olives watching that effort.

NSW won the game on the greatest half of SOO football ever, and imo unlikely to ever happen again.

QLD were simply gone at halftime and were beaten all over the park but suspect they may have had their minds on Game 3 but were outplayed everywhere.

The win has ensured Hynes and Tedescoā€™s careers at SOO level are over, and Moses showed the gulf between Hynes and other halfbacks.

Lenui was menacing and purposeful in his runs.

The current Panther boys were great and Edwards despite the dropped ball and 1 defensive mistake was great and cemented his future at the 1 spot.

Too, Martin and Luai were similarly great and Yeo was just Yeo and again the Captain Trobojevic was enjoying the rest whilst others did the heavy lifting again. Has me beat why he only plays 30 minutes.

The important thing is our boys have no injuries and its on for Game 3 in QLD and can NSW replicate that effort is the question.

1 Like

Well hereā€™s your challenge SBF you name your team that could have performed better than the Blues did yesterday.
The first half performance was the best, by scoreline, either team have produced in the history of SOO.
It would be nice if you showed some humility and just posted ā€˜I was wrongā€™.
That said I do agree with you all the Panthers players in last nights game were fantastic and a credit to our club and that includes two Panthers that left the club at the end of last season.
Hopefully all players who contributed to such a memorable game pull up ok and are fit to perform to the same high level for their respective clubs over the weekend.
Iā€™m await to read your team that could have done better!!!
Letā€™s go Panthers.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to highlight the pathetic refereeing, it seems the agenda of the day is to ensure a ā€œclose contestā€ at all costs.

We were so dominant in the 1st half, admittedly we had the first 4 penalties, but that is due to the dominance we showed. The 2nd half however, all 50/50ā€™s went to them, the next 7 penalties were theirs and the ones that got them back into the game were coming of their line. Donā€™t get me started on the sin binnings, Klein was a like a school teacher who didnā€™t know how to handle the playground naughty kidsā€¦sent to the principals officeā€¦F@#$en grown men being treated like kidsā€¦PATHETIC.

2 Likes

Got me beat why they give him any minutes. In game 1 their excuse was that the send off mucked up the interchanges - what was reason in game 2? If he isnā€™t used when we are chasing the game & he isnā€™t used when we are winning the game - when would he be used.

Anyway I give up