Caulfield Cup Sat 16

:wink:Anyone have a tip?

Beware it’s wet, remember horses for courses … Fav Incentivise has won 4 from 4 (slow track) but his barrier draw is not favourable.

Good luck !

For mine:- Incentivise (favourite-not interested)
Delphi - Irish pedigree loves the wet. Montefilia - well weighted,
Persan - rough hope.

Caution: I’m no punter. Like having an interest with modest outlay on a roughie. So, if you really fancy something that I haven’t mentioned- back it.

I’m on Delphi - I also like Nonconformist, now that is well weighted. Montefilia was a huge win in the metrop and i’m not sure about the Cup, it’s a big ask.

Re the Fav, I’m not sure, my gut instinct says it’s due for a failure and the pressure of this race may be the catalyst. It is wide open IMO

Gytrash in the Everest, with a saver on Masked Crusader and Trekking (place)

Everest !!! I’ve never been keen on the sprints. I need 1600m upwards to tempt me to put my hand in my pocket. :sunglasses:

:rofl: looking for value for money Puss…

So you steer well clear of the dishies then :wink:

yeah not keen at all !

that goes for the trots as well.

Thoroughbreds 1600m up, good stuff. :sunglasses:

you know when I was younger and sillier (debateable) some of my more memorable wins on the thoroughbreds came about as a result of music. Black Knight (Melb Cup) Deep Purple, Street Cafe (Blue Diamond) Icehouse. Just a hunch ! You ever clean up on a hunch?

If only there was a Melbourne Cup entry was called Quasimodo. :grinning:

1 Like

there ya go. Best selection result Persan 3rd. Didn’t bet.
Was home getting over a visit to dentist. So I lost, dentist didn’t.

I was out of my seat with the Crusader flashing home in the Everest. Got my money back on the Cup, had to have 20 on the Fav as a just in case.

I had a big day otherwise :moneybag:

The win by Incentivise was as impressive a run as I’ve seen in a long time. Caught wide and had to take the long road, and then just ran away from them in the straight. Not sure on it’s form over the longer distances but must be a good chance in THE Cup.

I have been following a horse for a while, since my sister pointed it out to me for the name. Don’t know the background or the ownership, but it’s name is From Pantherland & it’s colours are mostly pink. It’s a 3YO & was entered for the Vic Guineas, so they must have had some thoughts is was a good-un. It had a long spell & just returned recently. Won at short odds at Mornington on Monday. I’ve got it in my blackbook and will be watching it’s progress.

1 Like

Agree Incentivise run was very good,but another 1200m might test him.
If he does settle and stay he’ll need to time his run to perfection. A lot of these ‘good’ things can’t maintain a sprint very long especially over 3200m. Having said that, Caulfield Cup has historically been a good pointer.

What we need to spot Mr Walker is an overseas visitor who regularly runs 2 mile plus. You know one of them ‘Irish’ that’ll run the distance out and still go round for another lap with you, me AND Kevin on his back.

In the meantime there’s a Mackinnon to be run and won !

1 Like

I’ve been backing a few of those mules O/S Puss, usually through 1 eye and cannot remember they’re names unless I look at my activity next day :flushed: :rofl:

Re Incentivise, after the C/Cup - I had a bonus bet available, I put it straight on that for the M/Cup and I have already been paid out as a winner - Ca-ching a massive $32 for I think a $10 bonus bet woo hoo

Have you seen the Cox Plate field, Verry Elleegant is 3rd Fav at $5, Probabeel is $14 and if your a Zaaki fan $2.80 - Great Betting race

well named event ain’t it, they run round in a big circle at the Valley.
I’ll have a look. nb Cox Plate seldom throws up a Melb Cup winner.

Was it Bonecrusher/Our Waverley Star that provided that equine war
of years past.

For the record. Cox Plate Captivant @ each way odds. Bit of fun.

Ha ha ! It’s still coming home. :dizzy_face:

I hit Ellegant after Zaaki was scratched, got 50 back in bonus bets though…

Cup Tip - The favorite won’t win which makes it a very open race.

more of the same, Persan :sunglasses:

5 horse first four - 2, 3, 4, 16, 21