Grand Final v Storm MOTM

Vote for your Grand Final v Storm Man of the Match

Penrith Panthers 14 Tries
Goals
Sunia Turuva, Paul Alamoti, Liam Martin.
Nathan Cleary (1/3)
Melbounre Storm 6 Tries
Goals
Harry Grant.
Nick Meaney (1/1)
  • Dylan Edwards
  • Sunia Turuva
  • Izack Tago
  • Paul Alamoti
  • Brian Too
  • Jarome Luai
  • Nathan Cleary
  • Moses Leota
  • Mitch Kenny
  • James Fisher-Harris
  • Liam Martin
  • Scott Sorensen
  • Isaah Yeo
  • Luke Garner
  • Brad Schneider
  • Lindsay Smith
  • Liam Henry

0 voters

I could have easily given every player a vote but overnight I managed to get it down to three.

Liam Martin. The judges got it right. The Clive Churchill medalist was involved with everything, from touch defence to barnstorming Melbourne chasing a kick. The setup for the last try from the kick was masterful, flawlessly executed and got to the wing for the try that essentially shut out the game.

Isaah Yeo. I don’t know how he does it week in and week out, 233 run metres with 76 post contact metres. Almost roping out the Panthers tackle count at 46 tackles. An amazing effort for any game but more so in a Grand Final.

Paul Alamoti. What a year it’s been for Paul from being ejected from the Bulldogs last year to collecting his first premiership ring. His side was heavily targeted by Storms attack thinking it would be their route to success. Looking at Melbournes scoreline shows how well that paid off. Paul absorbed the pressure in defence and returned serve in attack. It’s amazing to see how well he had slotted in at centre. Even with the reshuffle due to To’o needing to come off the field, he kept up the pressure and secured the final try of the match.

Again… I could have picked any 3 players and I would feel the votes were just as warranted. But these are 3 that came to the forefront of my mind last night.

2 Likes

It’s funny Steve, without even reading your post I voted for the same three players.

2 Likes

I had Yeo (cost me $100 him not winning) then Martin, but wasn’t unhappy with the decision as Marto was so so good in the effort of kick chase in addition to the other effort areas. I thought Yeo’s post contact metres would get him over the line, He was an absolute beast running the ball.

My last pick was Mitch Kenny, some of his defense made me cringe in my seat…pound for pound THE biggest hitter in the game.

In saying all that - WHAT AN AWESOME TEAM EFFORT !

4 Likes