Jett Cleary article

2 Likes

A talented young halfback in the Panthers development pathways system (currently in S.G Ball Cup).

He is a fair way behind his brother in age too. If he keeps his development at halfback at the pace he is keeping at, I would not be surprised if the Cleary name will be a staple in the #7 jersey in First Grade for many years to come.

2 Likes

Good chance the Cleary brothers will play alongside each other for a few seasons too. Will be interesting to see how we work around that. Maybe halves combination, or one of them at hooker or fullback?

1 Like

1 Like

There have been rumours on Twitter that Jett has signed a development contract with the Warriors for the 2024 season.

1 Like

If Jett (or any other up coming half back), wants to mark a mark in Penrith first grade, I would suggest while they are still coming through the development ranks, they focus on being a left side of the field player.

With Nathan being strongly right focused, he needs a left focused half to play alongside him. Hence why Burton, Nicho etc don’t work well on the field with Nathan in the 7.

The other thing I would work on is flexibility to also play hooker. A hooker-half is a high valued commodity in NRL, as long as you can be a master of both.

A good kid who often see sitting on the hill with his mates watching the game, I would be very surprised if he didn’t stay with Penrith for the next few years, even if receiving offers elsewhere.

3 Likes

I wonder if it would be worth training him to be a right centre to bring him into first grade in 2025/6. At the moment that seems to be the spot with the biggest question mark in our ranks after Chrichton departs.

1 Like
1 Like