Looking at history & records

Ah the memories of that tackle from live at the ground. Seated at the South end (almost the same seats I watched us beat Parra last year), all we could see and hear was the gasp from the Penrith crowd at the break. The. Noticing the chase, and seeing the player out running Wesser. Who was it we wondered? Luke Rooney? Then the jubilation of the tackle being made, and then the crowds roar at seeing it was Sattler.

My best NRL memory

2 Likes

One of my greatest memories in Rugby League.

I was on that side of the field, 8 rows back & level with the try line we were attacking.

When Byrne started his run I thought we were in trouble, and just saw one of out players coming out of nowhere to make the tackle. I originally thought it was Girds, until I looked up at the replay & saw it was Satts. I couldn’t believe it.

Our players all grew in confidence after that, while the Roosters seemed to get deflated.

I had been confident all day going into the game, but that was the moment I really knew we had the premiership, despite the fact it was stil 6-all.

2 Likes

I haven’t been paying too much attention to the records this year, due to some personal circumstances. A few I’ve just noted:

Brian To’o brought up 50 tries when he scored against the Roosters

Stephen Chricton scored his 300th point during our loss to Souths in Round 8

Nathan Cleary scored his 50th try in our victory over Manly

2 Likes

1 Like

After converting his own try, Cleary became the youngest player to score 1300 points.

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Sorry to revive an old post, but just re-saw this and noticed the words “the panthers” are not reversed, so therefore this is not a type set for a printing press. Also the shape does not line up (not that I am an expert on printing presses).

We also were never known as “the panthers” untill 2016 I think, it was always “Penrith Panthers or Penrith RLFC”.

I therefore think this is a modern cheap knock-off for stenciling or something similar.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

1995 Panthers
Finished 14th from 20 teams, with 9 wins & 13 losses

2 Likes

Under 23s Preliminary final line up 1978

3 Likes

I’m getting close to finishing going through all the records back to 1908. Waiting for the end of the season to add those results too.

Will publish a separate thread after the Grand Final showing the 10 best & worst performers over 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 & 100 game periods, along with each clubs record in each category.

2 Likes

we are certainly seeing a truly remarkable time for our club :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes