Looking at history & records

2 Likes

Apparently we have had the least number of injuries so far this season!!!

2 Likes

It would be interesting if they weight those numbers to factor the quality of the players injured. There have been a fair few halfbacks out for a few weeks now.

While our numbers are low on ‘missed games’ (to be honest I feel like it’s too low, as I’m sure we have only fielded our best 17 once or twice this year), Nathan Cleary has played less than held of the games this year. By the time he returns he will most likely have missed 1/3 of the season.

3 Likes

Interesting stats, but I think we can whittle that number down to 3 - I can’t see Sharks or Broncos lifting the trophy.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/06/29/warriors-now-goners-history-shows-only-five-clubs-can-win-2024-title-unless-they-defy-huge-statistical-body-of-evidence/

To true - for me this afternoon will show our depth and where we are heading.

Storm look like the only possible contender at this stage, although of course a random loss in the prelim and injury to key plays can and will turn the finals into a form of lottery (look at Parra in ‘22).

Roosters will be there but it’s questionable how they handle big games.

Sharks are fading fast.

The big smokie at this stage for me are the bulldogs. But a great unknown that is.

Manly could go on a run, could being the operative word.

Anyone else will just be making up the numbers.

Broncos will miss the 8

1 Like

The way I see it at the moment:

Top 3: Panthers, Storm & Roosters

Next 3: Sharks, Dolphins & Bulldogs

Mid table: Broncos, Manly, Warriors, Cowboys & Souths

Unlikely to play finals: Raiders, Knights & Dragons

No chance of finals: Tigers, Titans & Eels

I can’t see anyone outside the Top 3 realistically challenging for the title. Bulldogs are the Smokey, but I think are still a year away. Any of those mid table teams would have the ability to cause an upset early in the finals, but won’t make the big dance.

I think the Doggies are short of a quality halfback. Unfortunately for Gus we haven’t got one to spare.

2 Likes

I dare say whoever finishs in the top 2 this year will be the grand finalists. With the run of injuries most clubs have I don’t think a prolonged finals campaign will improve their chances, the week off will be vital.

3 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

That is real work horse stuff.

Really impressed with how Henry and Smith have improved this year. JFH will no doubt be a huge loss in leadership and experience, but I feel comfortable with the replacement options coming through!

2 Likes

Henry is a beast, noted the high shot from Hetherington, didn’t want to go on with it when Henry offered it up, not that he would be scared, but I think Henry might have a rep as being just as good 1 on 1…I loved it!!

2 Likes

Interesting stat considering that we have only really been dominant for around a quarter of the time in question

1 Like