Panthers Greatest Grand Final Team - Captain

Who do you consider our best Grand Final Captain?

NOTE: If Captain selected is not already in the run on team, they will be awarded #14 bench spot

• Royce Simmons
  • Greg Alexander
  • Craig Gower
  • James Tamou

0 voters

ROYCE SIMMONS (1990)

GREG ALEXANDER (1991)

CRAIG GOWER (2003)

JAMES TAMOU (2020)

I went with Brandy as I remember Gower having a few brain farts in matches.

2 Likes

Didn’t realise the poll had closed early (have been distracted with personal problems this week), so I will keep it going until midnight Saturday.

Hope everything’s alright Mutley - take care!

1 Like

Woke up on Tuesday to the news my best mate (same guy I go to home games with) had committed suicide. Have been on the go almost constantly since then, talking to his family & contacting friends.

Going to be a hard slog the next few weeks. Hardest will probably be first home game, when he isn’t sitting next to me for the first time in about 10 years.

Have got good support around me with family, friends & workmates (manager pulled me aside for a chat this morning too, very unusual for her).

Will get through it, but will be a bit all over the place for a while.

Strewth mate that’s terrible news.

Take care & don’t forget to ask for help as required.

1 Like

O’h shit Mutley - sorry to hear that mate.

What about when we lift the trophy this year…

1 Like

Jesus, Mutley. That’s awful!!
Make sure you’re kind to yourself & do a lot of self care - your moods might be all over the place the next little while.

Take good care of yourself. We’ve never met, but if you want to talk to someone, I’m available.

2 Likes

(Not the most appropriate place for it, but reposting this message to link in with my earlier response)

I’d like to thank everyone for their support in what has been one of the toughest weeks of my life so far.

The amount of support I have received by people who have contacted me in person, by phone, at work, over Facebook & on the Panther Pride forum has been amazing. I’m overwhelmed to have so much support around me.

Losing 2 mates, in these circumstances, in such a short period of time is about as tough as it gets. I’ll get through it, and will appreciate all the support I receive.

I’ve been on the go almost constantly since receiving the news on Tuesday morning, so I don’t think it has fully sunk in yet.

I think the hardest day will be when I walk into Penrith Stadium for the first time knowing James won’t be with me. I know I’ll have the support of my Panther family on the day.

A huge thank you to everyone who has donated to the Beyond Blue fundraiser. If anyone else would like to donate, here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/donate/1539927702873193/?fundraiser_source=external_url

Thanks again everyone for your support.

1 Like