Panthers home becomes BlueBet Stadium

Panthers home becomes BlueBet Stadium

Panthers Media - 22 March 2021, 02:32 PM

Penrith Panthers is delighted to announce that BlueBet has signed a two-year deal as the club’s stadium naming rights partner.

For at least the next two seasons and effective immediately, the club’s home ground in Penrith will be known as BlueBet Stadium.

“For a number of years Panthers intentionally retained the naming rights to our home ground,” Panthers CEO Brian Fletcher said.

"However the significant and ongoing financial impact of COVID-19, combined with the considerable investment from BlueBet, made this a fantastic opportunity we simply couldn’t pass up.

“We’re excited to welcome BlueBet to the Panthers family and look forward to giving our members and fans plenty to cheer about at BlueBet Stadium.”

BlueBet is one of the only wholly Australian-owned and operated betting companies in the market.

Founded in 2015, it boasts more than three decades of bookmaking experience through founder and Executive Chairman Michael Sullivan.

“BlueBet is thrilled to be on this journey with Penrith Panthers for 2021 and beyond,” Sullivan said.

"The Panthers are a young team with plenty of homegrown talent and we think they’re a great hope to go one better this season.

"We’re putting our money where our mouth is and backing this team to go all the way as evidenced by our investment in BlueBet Stadium.

“We understand how special the club’s spiritual home is to the Panthers family and we take great pride in having our name and our brand associated with it.”

SOURCE

“we’re putting our money where our mouth is”

So … how much ???

The club might be delighted, but personally it think it stinks.

Then again maybe I’m just grumpy after the rain and flooding lol

2 Likes

No, you’re right SHF. It stinks.

Centrebet stunk as well.

1 Like

Agteed, I like a punt, but I hate betting agencies advertising and/or sponsoring sport. If you aren’t smart enough to find somewhere to bet, you probably shouldn’t.

I don’t personally have a problem with it. Footy clubs need sponsors to keep the lights on and betting agencies are alway keen to shell out decent money for things like naming right for stadium.

I know that people will have problem with betting agencies and children, but in my opinion it’s up to parents to inform and teach their kids about gambling and the issues that stem from it. When would it end, is alcohol advertising okay? fast food?..

2 Likes

who a sponsor may be doesn’t concern me at all but more importantly i would like to see an impact of food and drink prices ate the ground

If its such a great deal make prices for food, drinks and even merchandise more affordable for the people who actually attend the stadium.

And of course improve facilities for patrons at the game, like parking etc.

If it is such a “glorious” deal, let it manifest itself in rewards for the loyal punters who turn up rain, hail and shine to support their team.

To me they are the true champions.

2 Likes

… if BlueBet investment helps this team go ALL the way to a
Premiership, I don’t care what they call it !
To me, it’s Panthers Stadium. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

If you were a REAL fan :slight_smile: you would be calling it Penrith Park still :wink: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not many of us left to remember that Tom. :wink:

Good to hear from you. :sunglasses:

Why not just call the team “The Bluebet Panthers?” Instead of numbers, each player could have odds on their jumper - odds of being the first tryscorer, how many metres they’d run, tackles they’d make, how many minutes lasted til interchanged etc.

And, if the Bluebets were ahead at half time, they don’t show up for the 2nd half, 'cos the punters will have been paid out.

1 Like

It’s always been and always will be penny park for me!

4 Likes