R10 Panthers v Bulldogs - Game Day Thread

As much as I think Edwards would be up to the task, I don’t think it’s the best move.

As Fullback, Edwards more autonomy on when he injects himself into the game, which is important as he is often looking for the opportunity in the rear of play, and it has shown that had helped up over the line in the past few games, he has been far the best player on the field.

Moving him to Half or Five-Eighth locks him in the middle of the field and he will be needing to be going through set after set of close impact play, where I don’t feel he would warm to, as he likes to probe around and find opportunities from the rear.

Also being out of position he will become the prime target of defence, putting him at a great risk of injury (playing out of position tend to have that problem).

To be honest if I was making a 1,6,7 it would be one of the following.

Fullback Five-Eighth Halfback
1. Dylan Edwards 6. Dane Laurie 7. Jerome Luai
1. Dylan Edwards 6. Jerome Luai 7. Jack Cole
1. Dylan Edwards 6. Tyrone Peachey 7. Jerome Luai

… and a outsider wildcard

Fullback Five-Eighth Halfback Hooker
1. Dylan Edwards 6. Jermoe Luai 7. Mitch Kenny 9. Soni Luke
1 Like

IMO you just have to stick with Jack Cole, he’s the replacement 7 at the moment so we need to give him the opportunity to show his worth.

In saying that, it is up to the senior leaders to acknowledge this and step up accordingly. Dyl is the perfect 1 for a novice 7, Yeo will take a greater part of the ball playing and let the kid come into his own through experience. I have no real concerns at this stage. We would have lost NC to SOO anyway, this way he comes back uninjured and fresh.

5 Likes