[2022] R19 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread

Not sure you are giving credit to either side IMO

Did you really think the Sharks were just going to turn up and not have a dig?

I think credit to them but more credit to our boys in not wilting under what has been enormous pressure and we have made dumb mistakes in attack and in defence.

The break will serve us well, gives the boys a chance to reset

Sharks cannot play any better, we can.

2 Likes

Hope your right. ! :thinking:

well, i had higher expectations about Sharks but they are pretendersā€¦if they didnā€™t have Hines kicking they would have been lapped but they have nothing else

On usā€¦Lenui still has rubbish in his game where he carries on like a pork chop only to lose the ball.

Also i donā€™t see what any of you here see in Kennyā€¦he is a reserve grader at best IMO

and sadly i has i had forecast the ref was , well to be kind, saw everything we did and they were saints

Finucane should have been sent off, the Moylan try was NOT a try and should at worst been reviewed

Nice win and our boys hung in there and thank god with we have Apiā€¦far and away our best

Hope they all pull up okā€¦the get square is next week!!!

Game was ordinary. Refereeing aspired to be ordinary. Iā€™ll take the win though.

2 Likes

and lastly Ennis is the worst commentator on leagueā€¦he must watch a different game to me

Cronulla were always going to win according to himā€¦maybe he should have left his bias in the car on the way to the gameā€¦LOL

2 Likes

Just got home from the game.

Atrocious conditions in the first half, not so much the rain, but the mist and fog.

I thought Cleary got a bit too bomb happy in that game, kicking fo the corner and grubbering in goal keeps the play in the opppositions end and builds pressure, something we lacked tonight. Not sure the Bali holiday was such a good idea. Why oh why didnā€™t we take the gift two points in the second half which could of had us leading by 6?

The sharks came to play, yet we didnā€™t seem to respect them at times, especially in the first half.

Edwards was our best once again, even deposit a dropped ball that led to a try that shouldnā€™t have been awarded. The second drop was knock back, as the rule was applied minutes later to the sharks - oh well what do you expect from Kline.

I thought Sorensen was huge, Kikau in his great form for this year.

Aside from Toā€™o, our SOO player where largely ineffective, although great work from Luai for that last try.
Hopefully they have shaken the bugs out of their system. All in all a good game, and glad we got the points

Totally agree re Kennyā€¦we r going to miss Api. Iā€™m not convinced heā€™s the man too many mistakes and too many penalties.

They looked a bit shaky in the first few minutes. But once they were able to lay on a few points they didnā€™t look like losing it.

1 Like

I saw that Fitzgibbon and Graham were having a winge about the Kikau tackle but they thought the Finucane tackle was fine. What planet are they living on?

2 Likes

:mega: Panther Pride Man of the Match voting is not open here.

Judiciary Report: Finucane facing ban, Kikau faces fine.

NRL.com | 23 July 2022

Sharks forward Dale Finucane is facing a 2-3 match ban after being charged for dangerous contact on Panthers centre Stephen Crichton following Saturday nightā€™s loss in Penrith.

Finucane collided with Crichton in the 72nd minute, leaving the NSW star with a nasty laceration to his left ear that required a visit to hospital for plastic surgery overnight.

The incident wasnā€™t penalised at the time but Finucane was hit with a grade three charge by the match review committee on Sunday.

Meanwhile, Panthers forward Viliame Kikau faces a $1500 fine with an early guilty plea for a shoulder charge on Sharks centre Connor Tracey, which occurred two minutes after the Finucane-Crichton clash.

Player Charge Verdict Suspension/Fine
Dale Finucane (Sharks) Grade 3 Dangerous Contact TBC 2-3 matches
Viliame Kikau (Panthers) Grade 1 Shoulder Charge TBC $1500-$2000

SOURCE

I thought that Finucaneā€™s swinging arm was as bad as the head contact. The fact that it missed is immaterial. That would be like saying that trying to shoot someone, but missing because youā€™re a lousy shot, means innocence. Intent is the key ingredient in a just decision. And yet, listening to the Footy Show, I heard zero reference to the haymaker.

5 Likes

Just as well it did miss. Finucane might be on a murder charge if that had made full contact.

3 Likes

this charge highlights just how bad the ref was last night and the person in the video bunker should both be dropped

How the tackle wasnā€™t even deemed to be worthy of a penalty is a joke yet today he is facing up to 3 weeks.

The ref wouldnā€™t refer the Moylan 'try/no try" for review as his view was it was ā€œclearlyā€ a try yet he thought the Finucane assault was nothing more than a heavy hit.

anyone seeing a trend here with us?

it appears to me we get pinged for everything yet the other mob, in ALL games get the benefit or it simply didnā€™t happen like the Finucane non hit last night

The NRL have a lot to answer for about these failures.
How many forward passes go un noticed last night, how many incorrect play the balls?

and Kikau gets a fine for an ā€œattemptedā€ shoulder chargeā€¦taht will do meā€¦LOL

2 Likes

Yep, SBF. Iā€™ve been seeing a trend since 1967.

3 Likes

:rugby_football: Knock On Effect NSW Cup | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 48 Tries Daeon Amituanai (2), Thomas Jenkins, Charlie Staines, Preston Riki, Jack Cole, Soni Luke, Chris Smith.
Goals Jack Cole (9/9)
Blacktown Sea Eagles 6 Tries Pio Seci.
Goals Ben Stevanovic (1/1)

KNOCK ON EFFECT NSW CUP MATCH REPORT

:rugby_football: Jersey Flegg Cup | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 44 Tries William Fakatoumafi (2), Isaiah Iongi (2), Keagan Russell-Smith, Hohepa Puru, Addison Williams, Aston Warwick.
Goals Addison Williams (6/8)
Manly Sea Eagles 10 Tries Sanele Aukusitino, Kaeo Weekes.
Goals Kaeo Weekes (1/2)

JERSEY FLEGG CUP MATCH REPORT

We played a team that are pretty good, and will play finals, which was a good test for us. We looked a bit off in the first 15-20mins, but took control after that with the sharks final score ( scored by A. Klein!*) in the 11th minute.

• I see A. Klein had another scoring play (this time a match winner from the bunker) yesterday.

The real season is now with us & we are positioned to give it a real shake once again. We have some unfinished business on Fri night (got my match ticket and the Panther bus ticket) & then onto the finals.

A good run with injuries and a fair go from the officials should see us through.

1 Like

The biggest issue for me from the Sharks game was our INTENT to throw dodgey passes in those conditions.

It was like Kikau had a mission to throw as many offloads as carries.

How bizarre

2 Likes

Did anyone notice the look on Wade Grahamā€™s face when the rest of the Sharks were high fiving at half time? He knew the game wasnā€™t over.

1 Like

The Sharks also looked super gassed going into the sheds at half time. They looked like they had already played a full game.

2 Likes