[2022] Round 19 Panthers v Sharks MOTM

Vote for your Round 19 v Sharks Man of the Match

Penrith Panthers 20 Tries Izack Tago, Dylan Edwards, Jarome Luai.
Goals Nathan Cleary (4/4)
Cronulla Sharks 10 Tries Connor Tracey, Matt Moylan.
Goals Nicholas Hynes (1/2)
  • Dylan Edwards
  • Taylan May
  • Izack Tago
  • Stephen Crichton
  • Brian To’o
  • Jerome Luai
  • Nathan Cleary
  • James Fisher-Harris
  • Apisai Koroisau
  • Matthew Eisenhuth
  • Viliame Kikau
  • Liam Martin
  • Isaah Yeo
  • Mitch Kenny
  • Scott Sorensen
  • Jaeman Salmon
  • Spencer Leniu

0 voters

Dylan Edwards led from the front. Apart from one drop ball, he was super consistent in kick return in the wet. Punishing in attack, a massive 247 run metres and 49 PCM.

Scott Sorensen The moment he hit the field he made impact. he was punching though the line and dragging defenders with him. 58 PCM, the most damaging forward in attack last night. 96% tackle efficiency (23/1). I can see him slotting into Kikau’s second row spot in 2023.

Jerome Luai to me was the better half last night. I’m sure it will be an unpopular opinion, but I thought Cleary was a bit off. His kicking was off the mark, and he seemed out of sync with his backline. Luai was switched on all game. He stepped up and his passing and game awareness was spot on. Slicking through the line late in the game to score the try putting the game out of reach for the Sharks was a well deserved reward for his efforts last night.

Honorable Mentions…

Brian To’o was not the fast flying winger last night but more the get into the grind player carting the ball up the middle, giving the forwards a rest in what was a heavy defensive game. 59 PCM and 6 tackle breaks is an amazing effort, I expect Bizza to get only better coming into the finals.

1 Like

Api, Fish and Liam Martin for me.

1 Like