[2022] Round 13 v Bulldogs MOTM

Vote for your Round 13 v Bulldogs Man of the Match

Penrith Panthers 30 Tries Chris Smith, Dylan Edwards, Taylan May, Viliame Kikau, Jaeman Salmon.
Goals Kurt Falls (5/6)
Canterbury Bulldogs 18 Tries Josh Addo-Carr (2), Matt Burton.
Goals Matt Burton (3/3)
  • Dylan Edwards
  • Taylan May
  • Izack Tago
  • Robert Jennings
  • Charlie Staines
  • Kurt Falls
  • Sean O’Sullivan
  • Moses Leota
  • Apisai Koroisau
  • James Fisher-Harris
  • Viliame Kikau
  • Chris Smith
  • Matt Eisenhuth
  • Mitch Kenny
  • Scott Sorensen
  • Spencer Leniu
  • Jaeman Salmon

0 voters

I gave my votes to…

Dylan Edwards was everywhere and was the solid anchor to the backline as always, brilliant return metres, and safe under the high ball. He did drop that monster kick from Burton, but I argue that pretty much anybody would have dropped that kick, it was a bastard to catch.,

Api Koroisau injected himself into the game and gave the inexperienced halves some much needed help, that sneak kick at the line for Jaeman Salmon was brilliant. He took advantage of the muddled traffic that was the Bulldogs defensive line and made them pay with some easy metres.

Matt Eisenhuth I felt had an amazing game, I’m sure some won’t agree but I feel he really gave the front row some punch. While playing in Lock, he really felt like an extra forward out there, bending the line every time he carted the ball up. He played for more minute than he usually does and still delivered in defence and attack.

Honorable Mention to…

Jaeman Salmon If I have one more point to give it would be his. Really stepped up in this game, I didn’t see him give up an inch in attack, they tried to bend him backwards but was having none of it. Always had his eye on the ball and collected that amazing grubber from Koroisau. I really think he should have got that second try, it looks like he was collected high (I seen less worse called such).

I can’t argue with anything you say there Steve. I actually also went for Edwards & Api, but also for Kikau. He just brings fear to the opposition the way he plays & he is everywhere in attack & defence.
Pity we can only give 3 votes, as I thought Fish & Moses were also outstanding.

I can’t recall seeing a forward pack so totally dominate their opposition, albeit the dogs have not much to offer in the forwards with a couple of them at least, needing to retire to save further embarrassment on what were reasonable careers.

Fish, Kikau and a feel good vote (against my normal criteria) for Kurt Falls, he was very good early and one of his efforts 1 on 1 in defense you would swear blind he was a 100 game veteran.

1 Like

It was hard picking for me this week.

Edwards was a standout as mentioned above. Post game note - I loved his humbleness in the press conference.

I went against my normal criteria for the next two votes. Could of easily gone to Fish, Api, Kikau or Leota, but I basically gave a sympathy vote to O’Sullivan and Falls for them stepping up into first grade.

A special shout out to Kenny, Sorensen, Salmon and Eisenhuth who get on with the job and do what is asked of them, even when they play out of position. Kenny coming on in the front row is a tackling machine, Salmon is beginning to remind me of a Chris Mortimer type player who can seamlessly play anywhere on the edge, whether as a forward, half or back. Eisenhuth is coming on from a plodder to a Sattler clone, Sorensen a very able outside forward.

5 Likes