[2022] R13 Panthers v Bulldogs - Game Day Thread

Falls Jersey presentation

They should be named the underdogs rather than the bulldogs :rofl:

Burto giving his all, but aside from him the dogs offer nothing.

We just have to stay interested and it will be 30+

Our halves are dominating.

1 Like

Can someone start warming up some humble pie for me :confused:

1 Like

It wasn’t impressive, but we got the job done. Burton was the only reason we didn’t win by 30+ regardless.

2 Likes

The underdogs would have been scoreless against the St Clair comets / Doonside Roos combination side had it not been for Burton.

I thought we were in trouble the first 20 of the second half, but thankfully when Fish and Leota came back on our defense straightened.

I thought Edwards, Kikau and both halves our best. Congrats Falls on your debut.

1 Like

:mega: Panther Pride Man of the Match voting is now open here.

:rugby_football: Knock On Effect NSW Cup | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 22 Tries Soni Luke, Jack Cole, Isaiah Iongi, Preston Riki.
Goals Niwhai Puru (3/4)
St George Illawarra Dragons 26 Tries Jack Gosiewski, Treigh Stewart, Tyrell Sloan, Connor Muhleisen, Ethan Clark-wood.
Goals Jayden Sullivan (3/5)

KNOCK ON EFFECT NSW CUP REPORT

:rugby_football: Jersey Flegg Cup | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 4 Tries Kristian Li Mai
Goals Addison Williams (0/1)
St George Illawarra Dragons 22 Tries Jack Bostock (2), Braxton Wallace, Alexander Lobb.
Goals Alexander Lobb (1/1), Sam Hooper (2/3)

JERSEY FLEGG REPORT

Congratulations Kurt Falls on an excellent debut and for taking on the kicking duties in your first NRL game. Well done.

2 Likes

The game wasn’t a classic but we got the points and i hope no injuries…is Smith ok?

The standout players were Edwards, JFH and Kikau who has gone to another level in his last few games and one couldn’t be blamed for thinking he is playing for a contract?

We were very solid but Dogs who are terrible showed up some glaring weakness on Staines side and i am sorry he is not a first grader, at least not to Panthers standard.

Burton must be kicking himself going to the Dogs who are where they deserved to be.

Panthers on the other hand look focussed and determined.

The score actually flattered them with a few disallowed tries by us.

Enjoy the win and prepare for the Knights.

3 Likes

Sadly I have to agree.

Again, sadly this seems par for the course. Perhaps instead of finding excuses to disallow our tries the opposition should be given a 12 point start. At least we would know where we stand then.

2 Likes

Addo Carr was offside for both his tries. The first try was about a metre and the second two - three metres. Unfortunately the video ref left his guide dog at home again, but, miracle of miracles, he regained his site for any possible Penrith infringements…

3 Likes

birdman you’ve hit the nail on the head, twice. That’s a well done for a Queenslander. :+1:

Luv your work Bathurst Tom but beware becoming snow blind. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Good solid performance when we are down in troops. I think that Ivan learned a lot from last years origin period & the policy of leaving the existing players in place & bringing in new players to fill the spots was a much better strategy.
The ‘fill-ins’ performed admirably, just doing their jobs that they have trained for all their lives, not trying to be the guy they were replacing, a very common mistake.
We absolutely obliterated the dogs forwards, some of whom must have recorded negative run metres :slight_smile: & the fact that they needed to play their trickshot to score says a lot.
The dogs look to have only maybe 2 first grade players in their team, neither of them forwards.
Not a bad player for us, despite what some of you negative nellies say. We clearly have assembled a very capable squad who I’m sure will make a good job of defending our title.
Kudos to Kurt - sometimes a long wait can be a distraction when you finally get your chance. Maybe maturity has proved a bonus for him & I expect him to receive some very good offers for the future & can only wish him the best of luck. The media should be focusing on people like him in our game, instead of the Pongas & Mitchells they love.

I actually missed the game with flu (COVID negative) but enjoyed watching from home.

Very proud to be a Panther today.

3 Likes

Hi Puss,
I may live in Queensland but I’ll be wearing the blue jumper on Wednesday. :eye:

3 Likes

That’s an astute observation, BxT. I’ll have to watch it on Kayo now to have a look.

2 Likes

Did you get to watch the replay? My initial live watch (Qlder here, watching from home) was he was miles offside for the second try, but thought he may have been okay on replays - just Addo-Carrs speed and awareness that got him well ahead.

Like SHF pointed out, I thought we slumped without Moses and Fish out there.

What’s wrong with Spencer? I was looking for Spence to rip in but wondered if he was even playing? Looking at game stats now - he was on field for 14 minutes, zero runs and 13 tackles.

My guess with Spence, maybe he was on when Bulldogs started building that pressure and it just gassed him out? Or maybed Ivan could see us slipping and thought we needed Leota and Fish back on. Who knows?

But yeah, our club truly has evolved into the next stage. It’s not just making the top 8, or even scraping into the top 4. This club and this team are contenders for the title. The fact we can bring in players like Salmon (MINI FISH!!!) and Smith who become try scores off who is effectively our 4th-string half is just phenomenal.

I was saying last year that each week i was getting surprised about how good the team is, and its just continued. Will be much more confident for the Origin Period now!

I’m not sure Addo-Carr was offside for the second try (where burton kicked across field). While on at the ground I thought that, watching the replay at home he was clearly onside.

i am led to believe he has a broken rib and was replaced because of this.

I agree we fell into a hole for a period and the return of JFH and Leota stiffened us back up.