[2022] Round 14 v Knights MOTM

Vote for your Round 14 v Knights Man of the Match

Penrith Panthers 42 Tries Brian To’o (2), Nathan Cleary, Viliame Kikau, Taylan May, Izack Tago, Stephen Crichton.
Goals Nathan Cleary (7/8)
Newcastle Knights 6 Tries Edrick Lee.
Goals Jake Clifford (1/1)
  • Dylan Edwards
  • Taylan May
  • Izack Tago
  • Stephen Crichton
  • Brian To’o
  • Jerome Luai
  • Nathan Cleary
  • Moses Leota
  • Apisai Koroisau
  • James Fisher-Harris
  • Viliame Kikau
  • Liam Martin
  • Matt Eisenhuth
  • Mitch Kenny
  • Scott Sorensen
  • Jaeman Salmon
  • Spencer Leniu

0 voters

3 options? Sorry, mission impossible, great performance right across the park. One observation though, Eisenhuth has grown an extra leg over the last few weeks.

3 Likes

Super hard to pick 3 this week but here is what I went with…

Nathan Cleary It was hard to believe that was a player that played only 3 days prior at top level footy. He looked as sharp as the fresh bodies out their on the field, a testament to his fitness. He was out to make a statement after the close loss on Wednesday and made it loud and clear.

Viliame Kikau Getting better with every game this year. was tough in defence and sharp in attack, and added a try assist with a sneaky kick for Tago. If he keeps this level of perfomance up for the rest of the year, we will be a hard side to beat.

Matt Eisenhuth For the second week in a row, I got to give it to him. Putting him into Lock has given him a extra leg. His tackle rate was high and his impact was felt. For a player out of position he filled in the job of Yeo well.

Special mentions…

Scott Sorensen Came on and shifted through positions in second row and lock, he was solid and never gave up and inch carrying up the ball, and was alway in there in defence

Mitch Kenny My god is he improving. His delivery from dummy half is quick and to the point, and he was alway there in defence, every time there was a tackle he was there to back up and make sure the Knights go forward was halted.

2 Likes

I hated the way his critics tried to lay all of the blame for the SOO result solely on Cleary. I guess that this result shows that there were other contributors to the Blues’ result. It makes a difference when you have forwards who work for the team.

2 Likes

It was easy for me, the fact NC and Romey had free reign, IMO the credit goes to Moses and JFH, it was a toss up between Eisenhuth and Kikau, I went with Kikau for his steam rolling effort to legitimately take Ponga out of the game…poor bugger :rofl:

1 Like

It was almost a case of draw the names out of a hat for me;

Edwards - tireless first class effort as always, you can hardly draw the line between him and Teddy for best fullback in the game.

Leota - gives 120% each and every week. To think he was a bench forward only two years ago

Kenny - I can’t believe how well is is playing as the 14. The first interchange, hitting it up in the middle tackling everything that moves, and great back up dummy half.

Next in-line would of been Eisenhuth, Cleary and Kikau, but everyone on the team without exception deserved a vote

1 Like