State of Origin mockery

if SOO proceeds (Adelaide or MELB), does that mean players involved will enter a bubble and need to quarantine for 7-14 days both ways???

Maybe they should just postpone it until the end of season !!!

1 Like

PERMENANTLY - it should be played Fri - Wed - Sun two weeks after GF

2 Likes

They’ll only pick the bare minimum of Penrith players, and justify their decision by attributing Penrith’s incredible form as being due to teamwork and training rather than individual skills. Penrith has always been treated like s@&t by the big money in town, so it won’t change now. Regardless, you could have Penrith play Qld and it would be a good match.

3 Likes

Fittler has reportedly been ringing players and so far Cleary (D’oh), Luai, Yeo and To’o have recieved call ups.

Cooke has been called as Hooker, so doubt Api will be playing for the blues (could be 5/8 next week depending on Burto).

With all the players getting called up into the NSW Origin side, I say they move the game from the MCG to Bluebet Stadium. :wink:

4 Likes

if they can’t decide where they’re playing why can’t they delay squad announcement after they’re ‘crackdown’ has decimated potentials ???

and/or … could Mr Vlandys go away !!!

Cleary, Luai, Yeo, To’o, Martin & Koroisau named for NSW.

Capewell expected to be named for Queensland.

7 players for origin…

Going to make for a interesting team list Tuesday. :joy:

1 Like

I’m surprised Fittler actually made some good decisions! Happy to be wrong. So what does our team look like now against the Tigers? i expect we’ll see some new debuts?

i Expect Tago and Smith will come into the side to cover the forwards with Hopegood as well.

I expect 6 May, 7 Burton 9 Kenny.

The forwards will be interesting with Leota out meaning 4 spots up for grabs.

Unless they use May at 13 and bring a new half in.

Certainly will be a very different team to last week

See my previous post from 5 days ago. I rest my case.

1 Like

Cannot agree more Albert, hence why we all seem to agree on end of year, or as a lessor option a stand alone weekend, rather than this farce of disrupting the competition for 3-6 rounds.

This will probably the biggest test outside of September for the team

1 Like

Not exactly sure what Ivan has in planned, but if I was putting a side together it would look like this…

1. Dylan Edwards
  2. Charlie Staines
  3. Stephen Crichton
  4. Paul Momirovski
  5. Robert Jennings
  6. Matt Burton
  7. Tyrone May
  8. Matt Eisenhuth
  9. Mitch Kenny
  10. James Fisher-Harris
  11. Viliame Kikau
  12. Izack Tago
  13. Lindsay Smith
  14. Brent Naden
  15. Scott Sorensen
  16. Spencer Leniu
  17. John Faiumu
2 Likes

I think that will be pretty close. Might see Salmon on the bench instead of Naden. Sorensen & Leniu might be starters.

Sorensen and Leniu are usually used as impact players, so I was inclined to have them on the bench.

But they could equally be in the starting lineup too. The second row was hard to fill. Both a lot of spots to fill and a lot of talent in NSW Cup as well.

1 Like

Kurt Capewell has just been named in the QLD squad.

when I first posted this thread I thought maybe ‘mockery’ was inappropriate. With the announcement of North Qld becoming the replacement venue to Melbourne’s current situation I was right. An absolute joke. So Qld get to host the first 2 of 2021. SOO, has lost me for good and so has Vlandys who’s next attention seeking mission is to have THe Melbourne Cup moved to Perth. What a load of crap !!!

Congrats to all the boys who made respective SOO squads, its quite an achievement especially given the Fittler bias for Roosters.

I still believe we can field a good NRL squad albeit we will sorely miss Cleary and Crichton will be 1 to watch as he will either be flat in missing out or while have a blinder to say look at what you missed.

And as anyone would say, opens up chances for a few to shine and show they are genuine NRL players.

Burton to shine big time!

A well deserved call up to all the panthers players selected for SOO. Congratulations to all of them…just hope you all play well and come through the series without any injuries.
Good luck to all the players called up to represent the panthers this weekend there is great depth at the club at the moment I am confident Ivan has the players in the squad to name a team that can beat the Tigers and keep the winning run going.
Isnt it great to be a panther fan just now. Lets go Panthers.

3 Likes