The loan system

Was wondering what people thought of the loan system?

I’m 50/50 on it.

During 2020 & 2021 it was necessary to a certain extent, with no lower grades being played.

We got the benefit of a few games with TPJ, although how much he added to our season in those few appearances is up for debate, I don’t think it made any difference on the end result anyway.

Harry Grant’s year at the Tigers in 2020 was a great help to his development as a player, as he would have had to sit out the year behind Smith.

The last few weeks we have seen the Storm scouting out a number of established first grade players from lower clubs to replace Papenhuyzen, and I can understand why, but I think having the deadline at 1st August is a bit late in the season, especially now that we have lower grades to recruit from.

I also think that loan players should only come from the lower grades now that we have all competitions running.

Thoughts?

Hate it - You get 30 players, if your injury list as that great, get permission to include additional juniors (and there enlies the problem) to the roster, not other team players.

I would be filthy if someone like Charlie Staines or Kurt Falls went to anoter club mid season to help em out, they may not be in our first 17, but they are essential to our premiership.

2 Likes