Tim Tszyu v Takeshi Inoue

Now and again you get a boxing contest that’s a throwback.
Last nights contest that saw Australia’s Tim Tszyu prevail over Japanese ‘warrior’ Takeshi Inoue was just that. It reminded me of classics of yesteryear when Lionel Rose and Johnny Famechon challenged the great Fighting Harada. Great fights. Now I don’t think Tim has his father Kostya’s power, despite pummeling a Japanese ‘rock’ he sure as hell is heading that way.
Some terrific boxing skills from Tsyu were on show. Slick, accurate, lateral movement, a beautiful feint/ deliver. The boy is well and truly on the way up. Top stuff !

1 Like

Thanks Puss, I like his style too. I watched the Matty Johns interview with him and loved his comment, I know I’ve got them through their eyes !

1 Like

Interesting, Wikipedia has Tim with a 3” height advantage over his father, but a 5” reach advantage. Meaning, he doesn’t have to get in too close, but rely on his speed and skill. His opponents will have to be on their game. So the question that remains unanswered to my mind, can he take a punch from those who ‘ll throw caution to the wind. We’re going to find out within the next year I reckon.

You mean can he handle a hay maker if it connects?

It will be a very classy fighter who can hit him hard using a true boxing technique, he is quick.

1 Like