Time to Reset the team

I think many would concede this season is done with and with this in mind i believe its time to reset and prepare for next season.

With that in mind and with “rumours” circulating about some players and futures of some known i would look to do this.

With Maloney going at season end i believe its time to either find our next #6 from within the club or look for an outstanding #6 at another club with a view to bring them over now if possible.

Its time to let go of the Maloney experience and begin to build around Nathan and he needs a 6 who will fit his game

Since Segyaro has signed with Broncos i also would look to find a 9 who again would be our long term 9

Its rumoured DWZ wants out and is off to Parra and if this is true cut him loose now as well or play him in reserves and give a kid a go who will be our long term choice at wing/f/b

More broadly its now time to cut loose those who want our or are going and bring in the future

This year is shot so the best we can now do is give these new players game time with what will be our team into next year.

Hard to believe its 9 games i and we are having to contemplate what our team my look like next year

In short its time to reset and clean out those who don’t want to stay.

Not sure about that just yet SBF, I would be more inclined to give some younger guys more 1’s game time, see who we have with the capability and attitude who haven’t seen 1’s yet. This also sends a big notice.

Happy with the changes made this week, still 1 or 2 who will hopefully fire now IC has shown he is up for the challenge.

Watch this space !

… I’d like to know if NC will fire without Maloney or rise to the occasion.
That’s my big concern. Happy to give Luai and/or whoever deserves the
opportunity to partner him a go ASAP. Surely we can’t wait to offseason
to make up our minds.

It doesn’t matter who is in the halves, when you goal line defence sees a single forward stroll 12 metres to score with 2 on him and 2 standing there like starched farts in a pickle jar, the problems are bigger than your halves.

We have spent more time inside the opposition 20 than any other team, for mine that is a stat in its essence says we are shit in attack, I’m not saying we aren’t BUT that stat doesn’t tell you how many tackles after penalties inside the 20, ie 2nd tackle they lay on us = penalty and breather, take the tap, 3rd tackle penalty, we take the 2 problem solved. No real attack there and that counts as 5 tackles inside the 20.

The storm came up with a classic, the Tigers had 3 repeat sets, going for the 4th Cameron Smith kicks the drop out over the sideline, they got the breather for the drop out, plus the goal kick from in front…smart play Cameron smith!!!

… so we don’t know how to bend the rules,
a captain’s call?

then which one of ours makes it ???

It’s pretty clear James Tamou is just the ‘figurehead’ ie C next to his name, he is not our captain which further suggests our coach may be playing the same games he did in his last tenure.

As coach If he doesn’t rate Maloney, take a stand and put him in reserve grade, don’t play these head games with key personal.

Cleary the coach has made a mountain of mistakes to date and the first he made was to appoint 6.YES 6 Captains…then he compounded it by giving it to a statue in Tamou who is barely on the field 60 minutes and doesn’t do any talking and probably gives more penalties away next to Maloney

Add to that many more mistakes in selections and we won’t get started on the team and their lack of options in attack and as you rightly pointed out.the the opposition 20

For mine Cleary has not shown any leadership as coach…and the team smells that and reacts accordingly

Me…i would drop Maloney and Tamou

Put Luai at 6…promote Grant for Tamou

Some of these guys need a wake up call and ask them to step up

And i had posted i had heard Segeyaro was on the radar and signed with Broncos and look what he did there in Game 1.

We need a 9 who can run / kick / tackle and get a pass away ala Cook from Souths.

It sure aint Egan or Katoa

1 Like

… reckon Egan has the potential to succeed mind games or not.
He’s still got Wallace floating around and likely to learn more from him.
We need to stop bringing in journeymen a’la Winterstein otherwise our
youngun’s will throw in the towel with nothing on offer down the track.
Not prepared to call it a day just yet but need a mighty turn around to
crown our resurrection this season.

I agree re Winterstein but we are in this position because of the Gould grand pathway plan…we have NO imminent stars in the lower grade in any position.

We have May sitting in legal limbo and to be honest the club should be seeking some salary cap compensation whilst he sits it out .

We need to buy some quality…and there aint much on the market but gees Storm seem to be able to find the kids…seen their latest FB?

And our young guns are leaving…who would want to stay at a joint in disarray and running last?

… you’re still here steamboat ! :wink:

1 Like

Hey anyone know whats up with Jack Hetherington…is he still with the club.? Not playing reserves nor is he mentioned in the injury updates. He was Rookie of the year last season and did offer a bit of grunt and enthusiasm at least,.

Not sure if it’s time to hit the reset button on the team yet, but that being said, they are fast running short of ideas.

Jack is loose, who knows where he’s at lol.

Jack is back in reserves this week.

DWZ granted permission to seek a release. Maybe Kenny comes into the 30.

Katoa may be next, with Billy Burns into top 30 squad

Even after grafting a win, we just are in the headlines again with another ‘bad news’ story. Foxsports are reporting that we are in real salary cap trouble going forward, with 13 players taking some $5M+ of our cap space & suggestions that we will be paying part of DWZ’s contract going forward when he is elsewhere and that Maloney, Edwards, Mansour & MWZ being shopped to UK.

When Gould arrived we were told of the salary cap mismanagement he found that then led to moving on of Coote, Lewis, Jennings, Grant & Gordon & the Newton, Ciraldo et al signings. For all that The Messiah did, seems he left us pretty much as he found us? His job was done he told us!

you think this hasn’t been the reason for the teams performance?
And might i just add…i had been a lone voice in telling everyone Gould should never have been at the club

He did it to us last time and has done it again

I think it’s a bit of a nothing story.

13 players taking up $5 million, while the other 17 take up $4 million? That would probably be what every clubs salary cap looks like. A number of the lesser known players at the bottom end of the scale would be earning the minimum, or slightly more, so that we can afford to put the bigger names on better money.

1 Like

Oh well that sux Max…ya tease :rofl:

To’o, Naden, Martin, Kenny, Luai, has the reset begun ???

I think the answer is obvious Puss!