[2020] R20 Bulldogs v Panthers - Game Day Thread

Game Day Information #NRLBulldogsPanthers

:rugby_football: Match Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs v Penrith Panthers
:stadium: Venue ANZ Stadium, Homebush NSW
:clock10: Time Saturday 26th September 2020 3:00pm
:tickets: Tickets Ticketek [Link]
:stadium: Gates Open 1:45pm (Only open to pre-purchased tickets)
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :sunny: Mostly Sunny 16°C (2% Chance of Rain :cloud_with_rain:)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]
:warning: Notice NRL Matches in NSW are only open to limited number of
supporters. Redemption codes are provided for members to
claim tickets. Any remaining tickets (if any) are sold to the
general public.

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 42 Tries Kurt Capewell (2), Brent Naden (2), Brian To’o, Josh Mansour, Matt Burton, James Tamou.
Goals Nathan Cleary (5/8)
Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs 0 Tries
Goals

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT

PRESS CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS

FULL MATCH REPLAY

PANTHER PRIDE MAN OF THE MATCH VOTING
https://bit.ly/342Ue7M

TEAM

Telstra Premiership
:rugby_football: Panthers v Bulldogs
:clock3: Saturday 26/9 3:00pm
:stadium: ANZ Stadium
TEAM
1. Daine Laurie :small_red_triangle:
2. Josh Mansour
3. Tyrone May :small_red_triangle:
4. Brent Naden
5. Brian To’o
6. Jarome Luai
7. Nathan Cleary
8. James Tamou (c) :small_red_triangle:
9. Api Koroisau :small_red_triangle:
10. James Fisher-Harris
11. Kurt Capewell :small_red_triangle:
12. Liam Martin
13. Isaah Yeo
INTERCHANGE
14. Matt Burton :small_red_triangle:
15. Spenser Leniu
16. Moses Leota
17. Zane Tetevano :small_red_triangle:
RESERVE
18. Dean Whare
19. Jack Hetherington
20. Mitch Kenny
21. Billy Burns
COACH
Coach: Ivan Cleary

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership
Referee Henry Perenara
Sideline Officials Jon Stone
Gavin Badger
Senior Review Official Steve Chiddy

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2020 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Henry Perenara 2011 (0/0) 100% (14/28) 50.0% 104 99.5 1.05

OK got our tickets after an initial problem with Ticketek website, saying no tickets available barely a couple of minutes after they went on sale. All good now - we are in the ‘Opposition Supporters B’ section, tucked in SE corner.
Hoping we will have a big Panthers crowd to cheer the boys on, and share with them the Minor Premiership presentation.

2 Likes

About the only good to come out of this game is the team get a chance to run out onto ANZ stadium before the finals.
Little else good and only risk IMO
This is the sort of game where you know you are Minor Premiers, you know you are in the 8 and a game where the result is of absolutely no consequence and where injuries/suspensions and at worst attitude are at risk.
Wish we had to win to be in the 8 or even MP but it is what it is and hopefully Cleary can get the boys to think this is a dress rehearsal for the big games to come.

Of course we should be able to win but its the style in which we win that is key for me.

Well done on getting tickets and going Mr W, great effort for a supporter.

SBF - I have completely the reverse opinion here, although I would be inclined to rest any (I mean any) niggles, this game can be a statement to the other teams in the 8.

Footy heads who have the ultimate desire to win, do not care about the 8 etc, they care about dominating whoever stands in front of them. The fact the Dogs have ex Panthers in their side means we will be up for it.

Panthers x 40 - Leading into a finals series on a high is where it’s at !

2 Likes

I’m just thinking of the reaction of Fish if IC was to tell him he isn’t playing this week :open_mouth: One of the things that shows to me the mindset of the team was the muted celebration on Fri night. The look in Fishes eyes was enough for me to suggest that their minds are focused.

2 Likes

i agree with kevin, you dont drive to work with the handbrake on to save petrol. :thinking:

1 Like

OK we have gone with a strong lineup, just resting a few with niggles. Hoping for a good win in front of what is reportedly going to have a strong Panther contingent present.

I trust that the presentation is made in front of the Panthers fans attending rather than in front of the dignitaries :grinning:

C’mon boys - 4 more wins!!!

I have no idea about the social media rumours going on about the club at the moment, but tomorrow’s game will be an indicator of how much of a distraction they are to the playing group - if any.

Hopefully, we put in a good performance that says the side is focussed & ready for the finals.

Like i said - Panthers x 40 :wink:

Three cricket scores already this round; hopefully we can make it four.

Happy to be going to the game today, my first and maybe my last of the year.

Hopefully we are fired up, especially after the results last night.

Who we play in week one will be decided by the Raiders and Eels games later today.

In any event, it’s going to break swing Laurie play, and for us to lift the shield at the end.

Go Panthers!

53-6

I’ve got a feeling it will be a lot closer than some people are saying. I think the Dogs will stay with us until about the last 10-15, then we will pull away to win by about 18

I picked that one :roll_eyes:
:joy::joy::joy:

Well for the first half anyway lol.

Good to see the crowd is 80% panther fans

its been one of our trademarks this year, we can tough it out with a team than unleash

it almost seemed to be we were only slightly interested and then wham bam thank you…it clicked and we went to another level

although i think we were hurting them in defence before we unloaded.

looks like a Roosters/ Panthers game next week and i believe this game will suit us better then playing the Eels in the first final game for us

Roosters were terrible last night and won’t be that way again

:mega: Panther Pride Man of the Match voting is now open here.

https://bit.ly/342Ue7M

40+ …

Kevin, you’re a genius. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Minor premiers, isn’t it a great moment for our team. Must admit I’ve
had a few. And maybe a few more to come…
We were a little tardy early on but grew into the game.
Covid 19 can go and get … vaccinated. :wink:

3 Likes

Finals Game 1 confirmed.

Penrith Panthers v Sydney Roosters @ Panthers Stadium - Friday 2nd October 2020 7:55pm

1 Like